physics problems

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by catchthegoose202, Dec 30, 2002.

1. catchthegoose202 Registered Member

nevermind...and i was only asking for help on how to do it, not the answers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

I wonder, do you pay any attention when you're in class? When you know your forumulas and use your brain, you can easily do this all by yourself. I bet you've done a few exercises like these already in class, so check on them again and see how you have to do it. It would be bad of someone here to give you the solution of them. On the exam you won't have any help neither.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lethe Registered Senior Member

agreed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tom2 Registered Senior Member

Why don't you show us how you started and where you got stuck? I think that if you show some work, people would be more inclined to help.

Tom

8. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

F = ma
    F = (m(v^2))/r
    F = mg

Speed =d/t
    a = (v - v)/ (t - t) or a=v/t
    speed = v(--original--) + at

there are some more that might apply...but I don't even know if you'll use all the ones I put up there. With homework like this, you should've taken notes in class. Usually the teacher stresses equations you'll need in the future.

9. lethe Registered Senior Member

well maybe this will help you:

for conservation of momentum problems, use an equation something like this:

m1*v1+m2*v2 |before collision = m1*v1+m2*v2 |after collision

W=F*x=1/2 m*v^2

for elastic collisions when the masses are the same only:

v1+v2 |before collision = v1+v2 |after collision

note that this last equation is a scalar equation, and the conservation of momentum is a vector equation, so they are slightly different.

i believe these should be all the formulae you need to solve the problems you posted. if there is a place in particular that you are getting stuck, tell us and we ll be glad to set you straight, and help you get the answer. it s a little annoying when people just post their homework questions verbatim on the board, and ask us to do them for free. its especially annoying if it is that persons first post ever. if it is someone who is a regular contributor, and is honestly stuck, then we probably wouldn t mind...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  10. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Hi lethe,

"for elastic collisions only:

v1+v2 |before collision = v1+v2 |after collision"

This is only true if the two particles have the same mass (since then this is really conservation of momentum with the masses cancelled out).

Bye!

Crisp

11. lethe Registered Senior Member

whoops. that s true crisp. lemme fix that.

12. catchthegoose202 Registered Member

thanks for those who helped. And i understand how it can be annoying when people try to get a free ride with their homework, but i wasn't looking for you to just give answers. for one i was actually doing this for someone else. and just giving me the answers wouldn't help me at all, because i need to know how to do them, and thats all i was asking for. and i have been on this site for a while, i just never found a reason to post until the person im helping was stuck and i figured you could help. im sorry if you thought they were just trying to skip the work but they was really confused. and about the whole paying attention in school thing, that person is actually a very good student in honors classes, but it happens to not be the best teacher. sorry to anyone i annoyed.

13. orbie Registered Senior Member

Where's the problems?