plastic Surgery and Society

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Pl3b, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Pl3b Registered Member

I recently discovered someone I know had facial reconstruction. He is attractive. But a bit pre-occupied with "beauty". This is starting to bug me. With realer problems in the world science can make life-saving advances in its place it seems pretty shallow, at least pales in value.

What are your thoughts? Is plastic surgery a worthy contribution to humanity?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

In the case of reconstruction following an accident, yes. But as a common practice of sheer vanity, no.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Israel.Goldstein Registered Member

I think having lots of care-free sex with multiple partners is very cool and awesome and fun and liberates humanity, so plastic surgery to make us look pretty is a good thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lisi00 Registered Member

There are many people who undergo plastic surgery to cover some injury or deformity due to an accident or by birth. My brother underwent few facial cosmetic surgeies to cover the injuries he had sustained during a car crash . The surgeries were performed by Dr.Philip Solomon in Toronto. When we consider such cases plastic surgery is definitely a worthy contribution to humanity and the plastic surgeons who does these surgeries have to be treated with great respect. There are also others who undergo the surgery to enhance their features, but there is nothing wrong with that too.