Plazma, when are you going to discipline your own moderators?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by mountainhare, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I would love to tell you what I think of you Sam but surely I would be banned and I know how much you would miss me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

these are people are volunteers orleander
    please

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course I am, but this is not the first instance of it, so one would expect people to at least learn from experience. Unfortunately shorty suffers from tunnel vision, in which all issues are ultimately about her. e.g. on the day she reported to me, she sent me an email saying a banned members sockpuppet is harassing her. I only checked the PM when I saw it, ie some time after she sent it. As I was posting at the time, I did not look to see whose PM it was. All I saw was Private Message:1. I receive close to 200 PMs a month, do I check them all day?

When I saw her PM, I guessed she was in trouble as that is the only time she will complain about people (it is a regular trend with her, to start a slanging match and then yell for help). I checked the IP, it was not TDIs, the other IP it was also an unknown member. But they were apparently TDI and some other member. So I sent an email to Plazma that there was something up and he should check it out, then sent a PM to shorty that I do not moderate outside my own forums (this is due to a previous issue that had come up) and went back to posting. She sent me two more PMs demanding clarification. Since she has a tendency to stalk me and make trouble, I ignored them. Thats it.
    Yeah that was unnecessary, it was a point I wished to make but decided against. I am not really in favor of permanent bans for contributing members. I apologise

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

you have said nothing. do you satisfy the criteria or not?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Depends on when they check their PMs and what decision is to be made, mostly no one replies to a report. We either take action or we don't.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats not for me to say, is it? I sent a PM to Plazma.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Whatever Sam....At least there are Mods around here that are not Bias towards certain members.

If you really feel I should not even be allowed to post in this forum, maybe you can start a poll about it

11. Bells Staff Member

The previous time I volunteered for something, my son woke up to find our pets killed and left in his cubby house by a bastard with a grudge. It is getting to the point where volunteering for anything at all, no matter what the cause or object, becomes a personal danger and one fraught with persecution and abuse. Enough is enough.

Shorty

You have been given an explanation as to why she did not ban the members (different ISP meant they were unknown entities). If you have further concerns about it, I would suggest you PM Plazma with said concerns. Move on already.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I have my answer... I am done Bells.

13. Gustav Banned Banned

i do not accept this apology. there is no logical reason why this sentiment cannot express itself again similarly or in a more virulent form with actual repercussions. you have to step down. it is the right thing to do. we will still love you to death but you are unfit in this particular capacity

just resign, sam
    it will be liberating

14. Gustav Banned Banned

are you an adult? you cannot make that assessment for yourself?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm I think you misunderstand the point I wished to make. shorty was aghast that I would send smoochies to a banned member, apparently according to her banned members are persona non grata. I wanted to indicate that this was not so, but I did not wish to put you on the spot.

As I said I have sent a PM to Plazma.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think mods could go ahead and ban someone who is a verfied sockpuppet (by IP), especially when they are deliberately causing trouble.

As far as mountainhare's original complaint, he may have a point about being verbally abused by a moderator, honestly I didn't read it too closely. We should try not to escalate the situation with alot of arguing, but we're only human.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Thanks Again Spider. So infact Sam could have done it? when I asked her for her help. She just chose not to. It was not a mystery since TDI made it known even under (Elvis F Christ) exactly who he was. That is what I explained in my PM to Sam. She knew who it was and that he was a Banned member. It is not like she had to figure out anything! Like she is trying to say now. I also thought regardless if it was even a sockpuppet, I didn't think mods let someone go on for pages calling someone whores, cunts and prostitutes........and so on. :shrug:

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is all you said in your first PM. I sent a PM to Plazma after receiving this. And one to you saying I had PM'd Plazma

I ignored the others.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

in this thread? quote please. outside? link please

mind you, that sounds like a very peculiar conversation b/w individuals that profess to dislike each other. downright chummy in fact the discordance is such that i imagine a outright fabrication of events. the requested references are absolutely necessary as a consequence.

put me on the spot please. i know that being off the spot earned me an...

what would the other have entailed? being on the spot that is?

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Why did you ignore it? It is not like I every PM or bothered you before about doing something. You knew TDI had been banned by James. So after receiving this PM you did not check the thread?
    You did not see that he had returned.......calling someone else a fucktard and going on about how I was a nasty hooker fuking men for foodstamps.....
    shitting his pants and eating it..........and so forth?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And? Its not unusual for banned members to come back. I sent a PM to Plazma and to you.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nothing I just wanted her to know that banned members do come back.

Now if I wanted to put you on the spot, I woulda said;

"Admit it Gus, aintcha a sock puppet of a banned member"

See shorty, we do like some of our banned members so we let them come back.

But that would be un-PC

The posts on the slanty-eyed kid have been deleted so I cannot link you to them.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

So banned members who come back and run around with abusive vulgar language that is reported to you.........you just ignore? Or it was because I reported it to you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.