Please save the tigers

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Chatha, Nov 17, 2006.

1. valich Registered Senior Member

MetaKron, you don't seem to understand how much something like "pit bulls are killing machines" hurts me personally, and a lot of other people too - killing children and babies.

And there I was. Innocently walking my dog down the neighborhood street, on the sidewalk, when this Pit Bull runs out and takes a fistfull of meat out of his gut. I almost lost Jake that day. Luckily I found an on-call vet willing to come back to his clinic to sew Jake up. That could have been my son: to me it was! You don't seem to understand how a real life life-and-death situation can impact a person for the rest of their life. It's a wake-up call. Clearly the owner of this Pit Bull was irresponsible, yet what if it was just on a leash or a rope and the rope broke. Same difference.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. valich Registered Senior Member

Mountain lions ARE loners and instinctively hunt by stalking. Very often those kept in captivity - in cages, nonetheless - suffer from periodontal disease from chewing on the iron bars.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Very often they do just fine. Mountain lions are actually very sociable with each other and humans depending on how they are raised.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Sorry, not going for it. Any breed of dog might have done the same thing. I've mentioned before that you should try to figure out which are more likely to be the troublemakers where studies have actually been done. I would vote for Great Danes from my experience.

What I do not do is get like this about a breed because I've had a bad experience with them.

8. valich Registered Senior Member

What's the story with Great Danes? With Pit Bulls, my experience is not a one time event "because I've had a bad experience with them." It's pretty much a national consensus and the deaths are always in the news. Never heard anything about Great Danes?

Repost on Pit Bull forum for clarity and focus.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Let me know when you reach a stable position on this. I don't feel like tracking you jumping back and forth.

10. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Metakron is someone we really need to put in a cage with two hungry and stressed tigers

11. valich Registered Senior Member

Are you referring to me? Or mountain lions? Cougars are never stable unless you mean when they just lie around in wait.

Cougar petroglyph in Canada

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I am not going to discuss this with you anymore.

13. valich Registered Senior Member