Political Cartoons Vol. 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Sep 24, 2009.

1. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

This one is soooo un-PC I almost giggled myself to tears. The person who posted this to their FB account, (God,) has some mighty big cojones.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

9. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

10. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

11. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

12. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Summation of all the arguments in all the religion threads.

13. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

14. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

15. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Better. . . ​

17. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

An oldie but a goodie. I'm really tired this political season of people continually quoting the MSM without remembering this one. . .

18. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

19. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Be-Kos They Say So

"Be-Kos" They Say So
    Three from Daily Kos

Reuben Bolling, Tom the Dancing Bug, February 17, 2012

• • •

Matt Bors, February 17, 2012

• • •

Brian McFadden, February 15, 2012

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Something to be said for art

A Note for The Esotericist re: #493 above

Liberals seem to adore that painting. MaddowBlog readers rallied up a Sad Keanu version right away. I'll get them MaddowBlog readers one day. Sad Keanu was a meme thingy I had been blissfully unaware of until that moment. Oh, right. Blame the artist, that's how it goes with books and music, right? So it's Jon McNaughton's fault for thoughtlessly leaving his painting so blatantly open to an obvious meming (memeing?).

Meme exploitation.

Meme ... Meme-o-rexploitation?

Is it live, or is it memeorex.

Keanizing?

I don't know what it is. Such dedicated insanity. Such focused and simmering obsession. There is something to be said for art.

22. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the research, but not so much for the theorizing. A little extra on your part would have elucidated the answers.
    http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=379

Yes, it means what I think it means. The globalist elites are taking over this country. Yes, the conservatives and liberals are blind to it, or they are complicit and have been bought out. You'll notice that the main moral presidents, regardless of party, are concerned about the common man.
    http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=379
    "McNaughton responses to Criticisms of The Forgotten Man

I would like to take a minute to explain some of the points of confusion for those who wish to interpret my picture.

1. Why did I paint this? Like many Americans I feel shock at the direction our country is heading. There is a great polarizing effect taking place in America today. There are many who swoon over Obama's policies of redistribution of wealth. What will the government give me? If you believe this is the proper role of government you will certainly see great CHANGE in your lifetime. I wanted to paint a picture that portrays the plight of the common man. Perhaps the FM is already experiencing this now or will in the future. My hope is that he will "wake up!" now before it is too late.

2. There is no racial meaning or undertone that the FM is not black. This is not a racial painting; it is about the vanishing of the American dream.

3. It is not a partisan painting. I take no favoritism of Republicans or Democrats. Both parties are guilty.

4. The only solution I offer is to take a 180 degree turn and return to the principles of the Constitution, which define a limited government, protect individual and states' rights and make no allowance for any of the baggage we have accumulated over the years in the form of entitlement programs. The only way to cure the cancer is to root it out and endure the painful healing. Perhaps, with God's help, we will survive.

5. Is it disrespectful to have in my painting the President of the United States standing on the Constitution? Is the President without reproach? I am simply one American speaking to another American. The painting symbolically suggests the actions of Barack Obama as well as other presidents. Yes, their actions speak louder than words—as do the brushstrokes in my painting.

6. I have endeavored to keep this information simple and to the point. The information is historical, if it is not familiar to you—Google it.

7. I picked the trashed papers based on the issues that I believe have been the most damaging to America. These issues have been trampled by politicians of both parties for over a century. When will the American people decide to defend the Forgotten Man? Let us raise our voices together and demand the kind of CHANGE that will truly save our way of life.

8. Why did I not mention critical information about some Presidents which defined their presidencies? My only purpose is to identify each President and with simplicity express what they have done to either help or hinder the Forgotten Man. I invite all to search deeper into the history of the painting's message and discover if what I paint is true. Can you truly say our house is in order when our debt is stealing away the future of every man woman and child in America?"

. . . and, I don't know if you have gotten the impression that I am a conservative, I am not. Go ask adoucette or spidergoat, they'll tell you as much. I am an anarchist, an anti-statist, an anti-globalist. Just as the Pope and the King betrayed the Templars, I see the government of the U.S. and the globalists setting up the American people like a set of bowling pins. Morality and decency is after all, what, subjective these days? Why shouldn't they? They do after all, control the educational system, the University system, and the media.

Of course these, "MaddowBlog readers" rallied up a version that was more soothing to their world view, it is after all what was predicted in 1984. Change one's perception of history and reality to fit with one's mindset. This is an effort to lessen cognitive dissonance.

On that note, a cartoon with a little bite, and a whole lot of truth. . . .

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  23. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member