Political Cartoons Vol. 2

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, just perhaps, the fact that so many people are protesting should mean something... Especially if Trump is supposedly returning power to the people - doesn't that mean he should, I dunno, listen to them?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

well than dont call them peaceful protests. Call them what it is. A violent anarchy against democratically elected US president.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Except for a few things :

One, most of the protests are perfectly peaceful... Meanwhile, your man Drumpf advocated physical assault against protesters during his campaign.

Two, the point still remains that Trump LOST the popular vote... So, technically, he isn't a "democratically elected" official

Three - you know nothing of violent anarchy bucko, and be damn glad for it. If he keeps pandering to the Super wealthy and his Russian connections... You may well see what true anarchy looks like

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Perhaps that is because the USA ain't no democracy?

Stoniphi likes this.
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Indeed and this year proves it

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

The us articles of confederation preceded the constitution which was intended to strengthen the national/federal government.
    The drafters of the constitution feared rule of/by the mob so worked against developing a democracy. (if memory serves)That is fairly well described within the federalist papers, esp. federalist 10.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It is supposed to be a Democratic Republic but instead it is damn near an oligarchy... Mostly due to Republicans continual erosion if campaign finance laws, ethics requirements, and other such measures intended to ensure the voice of the people is heard rather than the siren call of Super donors (such as the Koch Brothers and others... On both sides of the party lines)

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, the real damage is done by the 2 party system which is tweedism incarnate.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If memory serves, early presidents had actually warned of the dangers of the political party system.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, given that the US president has said "I'll beat the crap out of you" "Part of the problem ... is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore" "The audience hit back and that's what we need a little bit more of" "In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough" "If you do [hurt him] I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it" "knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously." "Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing." "I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will."

So when right wingers whine about protests, I can't help but think that those precious little right wing snowflakes haven't been listening to Trump. Those protesters are bringing back the good old days when disgusting people (like people who support sexual assault) were roughed up; we need more of that. Maybe if they get the crap knocked out of them often enough, they'll stop being so disgusting. And someone will pay their court costs so they won't lose too much money.

That's the problem nowadays - nobody wants to hurt each other any more. Just ask Trump.

youreyes likes this.
  14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

As we have seen now for several consecutive elections, the difference between the two Parties in actual governance is dramatic and significant.

The current Republican media meme is "both sides" - the function of that meme is to spread the blame for Republican Party freakshow horrors unto the merely normally corrupt and normally malfunctioning Democratic Party.

So unless there is some connection between a specifically two Party setup and fascist takeover of one of the Parties, the damage here is not from the 2-Party setup. It's from the depravity and degradation of the Republican Party.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

17. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

except conservatives dont do that...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Still waiting for those pro-Obama celebs to pack their bags to Canada...still waiting...

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Oh Gawds, look at this monstrosity:

Well let's see, if my 1980s SyFy was telling me something it was that there was going to be a world of Back To The Future where we zipped along on hover skateboards and flying cars. Then there was another scenario - the inner city shit-holes of Judge Dredd.

I'll leave it to you to determine which side our NSA/CIA/etc..etc..etc... spying world is heading towards. Who knows? Maybe a Government Servant of the People will ride along in one of these 'vehicles' ordering the executions of Citizens of Nation State X for the Good of Society because
    YOU USE THE ROADS!!!

LOL

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

21. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

O-Blah-Blah gives a $400,000 'speech' (you know, because he knows so much about 'Banking' - having never worked in the industry) / a delayed bribe / ill-gotten payment from Banking Criminals (for the small price of shoveling trillions and trillions (generational) amounts of debt onto the American Tax Chattel herd in order to bail out their idiotic greed).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...

Hope and Change B'tches!!!

Barrack Obama, the best bullshitter money can buy.
    ROTFLMFOA

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    sculptor and Dr_Toad like this.
  23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member