Poll for what is more important to you as a US citizen (US citizens vote only)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by youreyes, Feb 5, 2017.

?

What is more important to you as a US citizen?

1. US citizens first, refugees second

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Refugees first, US citizens second

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. US citizens and Refugees (from all countries) should be handled the same

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I care more for freedom than for safety

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. I care more for safety than freedom

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Other (If you choose this, than reiterate your point of view)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. I am not a US citizen

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I want to raise the question on priorities that US citizens place into safety and liberty for everyone. This is regarding Trump's executive action to temporarily ban people of (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen) (of highest terrorist threat) to be accepted into USA as refugees for span of 120 days. This visa ban is set up so that new system is set up to filter out the bad guys from the good guys who are helping the economy of our nation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well you see here is the problem, there is no evidence that Trump's ban will do what he claims it will do. No terrorist has migrated from those countries Trump bans to commit a terrorist event in the US, and there is no evidence to support the notion they will. Trump doesn't ban migration from any of the countries whose nationals caused 9/11. It seems to me that if you are going to do something, there should be a) a problem and b) the fix should have a reasonable chance of fixing the problem. Trump's ban does none of those things.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Trump's executive order was all show as most of his executive orders are, and this one backfired on him, because he didn't think it through as he is wont to do. Now Trump is looking like the incompetent he truly is.

douwd20 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That poll isn't a series of leading statements at all... /s

pjdude1219, DaveC426913 and douwd20 like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

When has a right winger ever posted a poll without leading statements?

pjdude1219 and douwd20 like this.
  8. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

First of all - how do you, the thread pollster, 'know' that only US citizens are voting in your poll? After all, there appear to be a lot of Aussies and Brits discussing US politics on the Forum - just saying . . . . Also, DJT says we had the same problem (US citizens only?) with the 2016 election.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well for starters Kittamaru isn't the "thread poster", and he doesn't know the nationality of the people who may participate in the online poll of members. Why is that important to you?

Just because Donald J Trump (DJT) says we have the same problem, i.e. non citizens voting in our elections, it doesn't make it so. DJT says a lot of things that aren't true. There is no credible evidence to support Trump's assertion that more than 3 million illegal aliens voted in the 2016 election and he has offered no credible proofs to back up his claim: probably because none exists.

10. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

1) I don't know/care who the thread poster/pollster is! BTW: The indication that: 'Multiple votes are allowed' for this poll is a bit confusing (especially to Non-US Citizens, HAHA!). Surely the pollster means that ONLY one vote (per US citizen) is allowed, but that 'vote' may have multiple selections - poor poll design!
    2) It is not important to me - just that the pollster infers that ONLY US citizens will participate in the poll - which is highly unlikely
    3) DJT says a lot of things that aren't true. There is no credible evidence to support Trump's assertion that more than 3 million illegal aliens voted in the 2016 election and he has offered no credible proofs to back up his claim: probably because none exists. Quit trolling to initiate yet another political diatribe!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The werid thing about this is that countries like the USA and Australia, would effectively be non existent if it were not for immigration.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Will this be extended to also filter out the bad citizens of the USA particularly those advocating less stringent gun laws, so as more of the many massacres that the US experience can be carried out by these people?

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL....

Calm down Karen; grab a few beers from the frig. If you don't care, then why did you bring it up my dear?

Multiple votes means you can vote for more than one answer. It doesn't mean you can vote for the same thing over and over. It's just an online poll Karen: nothing to get exited about. You are not acting like it isn't important to you. Why is this so important to you?

Stating a fact, isn't trolling Karen. You may not like it. The truth may jolt your cognitive biases Karen, but that's not trolling. Your man, The Donald, does say a lot of things which aren't true. It's a provable fact whether you like it or not. Your man The Donald has said that he would have won the popular vote were it not for the millions of illegal votes cast against him. He has offered no credible proofs to back up his assertion.

Now if you can prove Trump's assertion Karen, now is the time to do it. I'm sure The Donald would appreciate it too. You could help your man The Donald out. He might even invite you to the White House if you can prove his assertion for him. You could have a few beers together. But somehow I don't think The Donald is a beer drinking kind of guy. So let's see your proofs, but of course we both know you have none, because none exist. It's just another in a long series of Trump lies.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't think the ban will keep us safe. It will hurt us. It's inhibiting science and education, and it's pissing off Muslims that are on our side in the war on Islamic terrorism. Refugees aren't terrorists.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I do believe Karen has gone off the rails...

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Your ignorance is truly appalling. Truly.

What? I hear you complain. You don't like other nationalities interfering in your affairs but are really happy about interfering in theirs?
    Hypocrite!

If Trump did what you love and put USA first without extending his BS over seas he would simply close the airports period and then claim to be USA first.
    Why have international airports?
    Pathetic!
    How does such a racists lower himself to do any international trade what so ever?
    Insane!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Next time you have a coffee remember the coffee beans are religious nuts out to get you. (USA imports most of it's coffee)

It also imports most of it's opiates for pain relief.... so be careful who you piss off...

Tink about dat! Oh by the way I voted any way....because I have friends in the USA who voted on my behalf...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Seriously, do you think that the "USA first" has never been the priority?

• It is always the priority and never has never been any different.
    • It is in USA interests to have a refugee program.
    • It is in the USA interests to participate in global affairs.
    • It is in the USA interest to be seen and act like the "good guys" on the block.
    • It is in the USA interest to be inclusive and not exclusive.
    Why would you think other wise?

19. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

[Reported] Typical trolling, Joe. YOU are the one who seemed to care; I simply said I did not care who created the thread, or the poll. It's humorous (to me) that the real trolls on this forum are consistently the ones who accuse others of being trolls. You are 'P/M-ing' to artificially improve your opinion of yourself. BTW: I agree, it is "nothing to get exited about" (Pls proofread your posts!!).

What IS important to me (and sad!) is that this started-out to be a science forum, and it seems to have degraded to be (primarily) a crybaby forum for those trolls who cannot tolerate the FACT that DJT ACTUALLY won the 2016 election.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yeah way to go... politics has no place on a science forum!
    uhm "politics has no place in science" someone once said....

21. karenmansker HSIRI Banned

QQ: I quite agree with both of your comments

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Except... political science is a thing...

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Oh, am I. You are sounding more and more like Trump all the time.

If it's nothing to get excited about, then why did you get all excited about it? Remember

And just what would lead a rational person to your conclusion? You don't remember your post or are you just being dishonest like your idol Mr. Trump....all capital letters and underscored words? http://www.sciforums.com/threads/po...en-us-citizens-vote-only.158819/#post-3435338

Yes, I agree. So why are you calling other people trolls?

You just said you reported me for trolling.

Yes, I do find you humorous in a sad and tragic sort of way. You don't think Karen, you just react, just like your beloved Trump. You don't see the many contradictions in your posts.

LOL...

How do you know what this forum began as or know the history of this forum? You have been a member for only a few months. You know very little about this forum.

As I have repeatedly told you in this thread Karen, fact based rational discussion isn't trolling. You don't seem to understand the words you use. When have you ever posted a fact? When have you ever made a well reasoned post? You haven't. When you have been asked to back up your assertions with evidence you repeatedly fail to do so. In my last post I asked you to support your assertion with evidence and reason. And how do you respond? You respond with an ad hominem dump and you completely avoid answering the questions.

What makes you think people here are being cry babies? A reasoned discussion of fact isn't being a cry baby my dear Karen. People expressing their concerns about the POTUS isn't being a cry baby. For 8 years now right wingers with the courage to visit this site have been critical of Obama. I don't recall anyone here calling them cry babies as you have done.

When you accuse people here of being cry babies, all you are doing is mindlessly repeating a popular right wing meme. No one here has challenged the fact that Trump won the election. People are being critical of Trump and for good reasons, and they have facts. Now if you have facts and can make a reasoned argument to the contrary, please do so. But that is something you haven't been able to do thus far. And frankly, I doubt you have it in you. Prove me wrong Karen.

Write a well reasoned argument and back up your assertions with evidence. Don't mindlessly repeat right wing memes you picked up on Fox News or other right wing entertainment sources. Unfortunately for you and your right wing cohorts, facts do matter; reason still matters when you venture outside right wing echo chambers as you have done.