Poll on 'Abortion = ??' [Just Curious]

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by jadedflower, Jun 12, 2004.

?

What do you think of Abortion?

1. I believe it is a Moral/Religious Issue, and is WRONG

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I believe the woman has a right to chose; I say RIGHT

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I don't care, it's not my womb/responsibility

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

>Just because one believes that the woman has the right to choose does not mean
    >one believes abortion is right.

Hmm... I don't understand. How can you believe the woman has a right to chose, and then if she choses to abort you condemn her?

I'm not entierly against abortion, what disgusts me is the people who do it twice, three times, four... the woman on TV a few nights ago who'd have 11 abortions........!!!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times or more and shes just plain stupid.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Isn´t it cheaper to use contraceptives?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That is an interesting thought lemming3k, perhaps one abortion is acceptable, but two or three should result in escalating fines, to be used by the gov. for educational puposes, after all, it should be a last resort.

8. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Indeed, the choice should be there but it shouldnt be used as a primary method to stop being stuck with a kid, the problem is accidents can happen more than once, even when protection is used, perhaps if the women is on the pill then more than once might be accepted as another accident.
    Hugely cheaper.

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I too agree with this statement.

This may sound a bit twisted, but I think that the actual question when it comes to abortion is this: Should a woman, when she gets pregnant, first think of abortion or not?

Have people honestly answer this question -- and it may shed some light on the issue.

10. greywolf The Hellbound Hellhound. AWOOO Registered Senior Member

i dont think the thought is as bad or as "contraversial" as the action. I'm pretty sure tons of people think of it but not everyone does it.

11. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Yep, but the same people who want Roe vs. Wade overturned tend to be the same people opposed to the use of any other form of contraceptive.

12. Sher_Punjabi Registered Senior Member

if you bring a child into this world without the mother's love, the child is just as good as dead

what life does the child have if the mother has no feelings for its well being?

and Dreamwalker

simple yet cold hearted

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Who cares about a few fetuses when every year thousands of people die in car accidents (well, it is actually more than a few thousand but I forgot the exact number. It is a lot though).

Why isn't it immoral to drive a car. Don't tell me that cars don't kill. Statistics say they do. Hence no car related death can really be an 'accident'. You choose to enter the car knowing that cars kill thousands of people each year.

And these people are actually people. There is no controversy on their nature as people as there might be with a fetus.

To put things in perspective. Cars are not against religious doctrine although they are great killers and hence they are not morally wrong.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Once talking about abortion, one ought to consider that sex is originally there to make babies. If you decide to have sex, accept that you can get pregnant.

If you want sex, but not have a baby, accept that you maybe will have to have an abortion.

This talk about whether the feuts is a person or not is total BS, trying to find some sort of justification for abortion.

While the real justification for abortion is this:

"I want to have sex, but I don't want to have a baby. I use birth control, but if I will get pregnant, I will have an abortion."

Now how many of those who whine about whether the fetus is a person or not are actually having the guts to say that?!

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

cold hearted? Mmh, I would rather say it is a matter of perspective.
    For me, a human is not worth more than a fish or a chicken. All are
    animals. I don´t see a difference between killing a fetus or cooking the
    eggs of fish or chicken for food.
    It´s not really cold-hearted, I am indifferent.

16. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I think this about sums it up, you shouldnt bring a child into the world you dont want, and there are plenty of children already out there waiting to be adopted or living on the streets so wheres the justification in adding to that number of people?
    But we are all digressing the 1st post of this topic did say this was a poll not a debate on the subject.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I thought this was a discussion forum.

18. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

It is, but there are a few other threads for this debate and i think the idea was this is purely a poll for somebodies curiosity.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You can't really expect to wave a bone in front of a dog and not expect it to lunch at it.

20. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I didnt start the poll, im already debating in another thread i was just pointing it out.

21. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

shh.... it's a debating forum, not a fighting forum.

I think Spurious' comment about the cars was interesting; but the usual argument is that if you die, it was an act of God. If you kill, you go against God.

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

But you can kill with a car.

23. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

Well... hmm.... eer.... well... I don't believe in God so ask someone who does

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!