Pollock Painted Fractals!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by goofy headed punk, Nov 29, 2002.

1. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

In the December 2002 edition of Scientific American it has been reported that the appeal to Action Jackson's painting is the fact that they are just huge fractals with a scaling relation at approximately 1.6. Pretty cool

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Is the article online? I'd like to read it.

Fractals are the fabric of everything...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. airdog prehensile Registered Senior Member

I'd bet three week's pay that you, goofy headed punk, are entirely incapable of presenting an even marginally acceptable presentation of your opinion of Jackson Pollack, or even the notion of "post-expressionism"...did you even see ed harris's movie?

8. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

Dude, don't start insulting me for no reason. I did attempt to express my opinion of Jackson Pollock's work. All I did was repeat what I thought was interesting. No opinion, only repitition. I'm not even sure why your post is applicable, to be blunt.

9. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I read about it about a year ago in Discover Magazine. It's the way to tell if a Pollock painting is a fake or not!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I didn't know Pollock, but looking at his paintings, they look like MRI SCANS of sliced brains.

Other paintings of him remind of roadmaps of large cities that has been covered with annoying graffity in order to blur the patterns, or maybe it is the other way around?

Anyway I think Mr. Pollocks work, has a "neural network" quality about it, maybe (i am on very thin ice here) his creativity was stimulated by some part of his bring being a generator of interfering white nois and hiss, while he is constantly seeking to tune in to a radiostation.

While his work might be of importance, for trying new things at that time, I wouldn"t buy any of his paintings, cause it's colours and shapes don't provoke an emotional response and only a meager train of though....

11. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Pollock actually said to experience his paintings like you do music. I used to think like you until I read this, and now have a much better appreciation for his work. You have to sort of feel them, not observe them. I actually have a cd of songs off of old jazz records he listened to as he painted. He had good taste!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. ICARRYALOTOFBULLETS Quit smoking...:) Registered Senior Member

I did a pollock painting just yesterday, with my piss in the snow. Just like his work.