Poltergeist activity caught in two stores

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Check this out. This is from a haunted pub in Canterbury, Kent, and is a montage of poltergeist activity from CCTV cameras over a two month period. This is pretty obvious shit. No vibrations or drafts here. Either it's real or a hoax. Compare the video to the eyewitness account of the pub cleaner. If this is real this is some of the best poltergeist footage yet.

https://www.insideedition.com/bar-h...g-shelves-and-chairs-moving-british-pub-37371

Here's the same video with sound:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Has anyone in the Woo Woo investigation system tried to investigate WHY ghost engage in such activities?

The only explanation I can recall hearing about is the spirit of the dead person has unfinished business on Earth and is pissed off they are dead

Talk about carrying a grudge

Talk about picking a ineffective way to resolve

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

MR:

Not sure what you're talking about here.

That's the problem. You're assuming all kinds of things. Inquiring minds want to know.

Not necessarily. If it started off elevated on its base, then slipped off the side, it would gain speed as it moved from the stand to the counter top. The video is so hazy you can't even clearly see what the initial setup looked like, so you and I are both speculating.

One thing I did notice watching the video is that there are windows, door, air conditioners etc. all over the place in that store. Watch the parts where the psychic investigators are moving around the store, not just the CCTV video of the cake top moving. That way, you get more of a sense of the overall geography of the place. It's how I spotted the (really obvious) air-conditioner below the window and level with the counter top; it's virtually right next to the counter.

I disagree with "propelled". That's an assumption you're making. My theory says it simple slid off the stand onto the counter top, possibly flipping over in the process (it's hard to tell from the video), and then kept moving until it left the counter top and fell onto the floor. I guess I'd be happy enough to go with "propelled by gravity", if you insist on using that language.

The gravity was strong enough to pull it down off the counter onto the floor. I'm guessing it was also strong enough to pull the cake top off its stand, once it had been jostled enough - and it might only take a little vibration or small wind to do that - like the wind from the air conditioner that might have been running about 2 metres away from it, for all we know from the available information.

I have. Want to step it up and call me a liar to my face?

Maybe it is just your average cup or glass. Even if it is, your conclusion doesn't necessarily follow, for reasons I gave previously.

Better get your arse down there and do the actual experiment. That would be far more convincing than your unevidenced assertions.

All I have done is what any sensible person would have done, and what you should have done. I applied a little brain power and thought about what could possibly have produced the behaviour observed in these videos. I didn't start by assuming it was ghostly activity, like you did.

Also, I have at no time assumed that my rather plausible theories are correct. They remain only theories, pending anybody investigating the matter further to confirm them or rule them out. I know that idea strikes you as absurd. Who would want to investigate a ghostly occurrence? We know from the start it was a ghost, and can rule out all alternatives just sitting in front of the computer watching a low-quality youtube video. That's how it works, isn't it? That's how ghost investigation is done, at least by you.

I can only shake my head at you. Why don't you ever turn that mirror back on yourself? Do you really, for one moment, imagine that your ghost explanation is anything more than speculation that cannot be confirmed and which isn't very plausible? Oh sorry. Stupid me for asking. Of course do you. That's all you can imagine, because you don't want any inconvenient truth getting in the way of the woo belief.

Other ghost sightings do nothing to confirm these supposed ghostly happenings. I know you think that if you have 100 anecdotes, that makes the next one more plausible, but it really doesn't. The plural of anecdote is not data (as they say).

Every time your present anything like this, the evidence for the woo is flimsy and unconvincing. I would have thought that, having had this pointed out to you over and over again, you would have learned not to be so gullible by now, but, hey, it's you. So here we are again, with you making up ghost stories.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm hanging out for the compelling ghost alien in the UFO

8. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

With weirdly larger lower extremities.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm hanging out for the compelling ghost alien in the UFO

Plus

With weirdly larger lower extremities.

Plus

Hiding behind a bride at a wedding and while no one saw him he shows up in a photo

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wrong James R. Like I said, there's just not enough force from the cover merely falling off the pedestal to propel it across the counter. There just isn't. And the cover could not have slid off with cake or pastery on the pedestal. It would have to have been lifted up.

Also, again, vibrations would have made the pen cup move. It did not, therefore there were no vibrations. Simple logic here.

Any other ridiculous explanations you want to propose or are we done here?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It always amuses me how mundane explanations that have basis in scientific fact, repeated demonstration, and historic examples are somehow impossible, yet "ERMAGERD GHOSTS!" is somehow the only possible explanation...

sideshowbob likes this.
  12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That's basically it. They could also be in denial that they are dead. Hanging around is a catharsis or purging they have to go thru before they can ascend to the next plane. It's like afterlife therapy. Try to resolve all your issues before you die or you might come back as a ghost!

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Afterlife therapy? Denial about being dead?

I am just... yeah. This picture says it all...

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Oh great I have given MR a rational (not that MR needed one) as to why ghost exist

MR - afterlife is non existent. No ghosties

I really appreciate you agreeing with my idea but itsi only a SAMPLE idea

The thrust of the question is the WHY are they hanging around

I expected a heap of further explanations

Who could the ghost be?
    Is ghostie alone?
    Why did ghostie knock over a cake stand?
    Is ghostie trying to tell us ghostie was poisoned by cake? choked on cake? had a heart attack from to much cake?

Over to you

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Paranormal investigations often turn up many cases of multiple entities being involved in a haunting. Who can decipher the entangled relations of afterlife karma?

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It's the samurai boots that make him look fat.

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Ghostiebusters