Positive Thinking Theory

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mavrix, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Mavrix Guest

Basic Postive Thinking Ideas

1) Think in terms of Yes instead of No

Example:

If you think in terms of to difficult, cant do it, not possible you will arrive at that destination

2) Never EVER give up

One only fails when they decide to quit and choose failure. If your aiming at a target, and you keep missing. Bad deal. If you stop at that point. You didnt hit the target.

If one continues on eventually they will hit the target. Bingo!

3) Whatever people say is Not True

Whatever people say is Not True. Here is why. In one perspective, ther are two types of humans. The authoritive, and the submissive.

The authoritive peole are the rulers of the world. These are the law officers, government, Media, Corporations, Presidents, Rich People, Millionaires, Scientists, Teachers.

Those are the type that automaticly recieve an authoritve power.

They recieve and force the majority of the world, the middle class, poor, cities, countries into submission of ther laws, ther teachings, ther ideas.

Most of us are the regular people, so we Must follow ther rules.

Ther rules are based on a society. Our modern society is extremely inefficient.
    First of all everyone reading this are the lucky people. Thats not even the majority. Most of the world is in third world countries.

This society is what trades most humans, the majority of the humans working on Earth. This system funnels Our Energy and Time into Currency.

The system is designed to keep the humans working, as the people on top steal ther energy money and time.

Anywhere someone makes a profit, they are gaining extra energy.

Be it someones manual labor, to better materials, to the amount of time spent on the product or service.

The higher the profit, or the more money the Corporations have, the more of Humans energy theyve managed to take from us, the regular person.

What people say is mostly untrue. How much percent of what someone told you is actually true? Think about that.

The most important type of information to you, will be the information you recieve from your human catagory, the regular people.

This is what will most effect you, and where the most amount of misinformation can do damage.

For the most part, Science, Schools, Doctors, Law, and dare i say government?.. ther teachings are true to a degree.

The Basics are correct, but the details are incorrect. This is the reason for debate, unconventional theories, activists, enviromentalists etc.

Science so far is proven. Yet Science must also believe in the unseen or unproven Future Science as well. Because we surely cannot know all the mysteries of Reality. Science is incomplete.

Education has major problems, major drop outs, etc.

Health Care is also a world wide problem.

Wealth of the entire world as one, is also in a very big mess.

Proof, that all our teachings are Inefficient, and have room for much growth and improvement.

Proof, That Physics and Meta Physics are possible even probable

Proof, That Science is incomplete, and as Humans the scientific community is still Very Much cluess and in the Dark.

Proof, That Money makes the world go round, and humans are trapped in an unfair, deadly monopolized society.

4) Dont settle for Less

Do not settle less. Dont be content with what you dont have. Learn to do, create, get, buy or build what you want.

5) Ther are three options, three states to all problems

Negative Neutral Positive

negative, say No, dont do, fail, Be Mean, Be sad

Neutral, say nothing, decide nothing, do nothing, Ignorance is Bliss

Positive, say Yes, do it, achieve, be Nice, Be happy

Neutral and positive are two good choices. Everytime you take a negative choice, question if its beneficial and if its the right choice

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BSFilter Nature has no kindess/illwill Registered Senior Member

Thats good advice

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

positive thinking is a faveof New ageists. theones that preach to you in nasal tones 'you creeate you owwwwn REaaalityyyy'....ie., that might sound hunky dory for someone living a wheat grass, minimilized art existence in some absracty looking condiminium, or aparrrtment complex, but go tell it to some one in deptha of a slum. to someone suffering global free trade in an open gutter somewhyere. dig??
    it is typical middle classian propaganda BS, made into NA religious shpeak

sometimes totry too much will be seriously bad fo yer health when al odds is stacked aginst ya .....sooo give the fuk UP. allow the negative. dont chase the positive. most IMPORTANT thing is to staye EARTHED!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mavrix Guest

staying "earthed" ie grounded IS all about positivity, neutralism, and harmony.

Learn from out Mother Nature. Look at the Universe. Where chaos lies, life dies. Where harmony lies, Life Rests.

"but go tell it to some one in deptha of a slum. to someone suffering global free trade in an open gutter somewhyere. dig??"

I kindly disagree. Many of the motivational coaches, came from the slums. Many were poor. Many were clueless. Until they Decided to Change that.

A person in a third world country has alot more difficulty and obstacles, but with this type of mind set and training, It Is the Best and Only way someone can come Out of the slums.

The biggest obstacle to third world countries is lack of thought and ideas. Secondly lack of resources.

The prior is most important. They live in a trash dump, or in a desert. There never lucky enough to hear words of motivation, problem solving, resource finding, goal achieving.

There is no reason why any person any where, cannot gain financial freedome.

Again, if you had not understood the quote.

The Wright Brothers did not achieve flight, by thinking about how to go into the ground.

If people had more options, more ideas, more opportunities, determination and motivation along with no fear of failure, dont you think theyd get to ther goals faster?

How do you think anyone achieves anything? With these rules, and other similar ones.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Up with people dude!

But seriously, positive thinking is stupid.
    Sometimes, all you have to do to make something work is realize what's wrong and change it, therefore concentrating on the negative achieves results.

Sometimes, giving up IS the answer.

Not settling for less is the major problem of western nations, everyone wants to live in a mansion with all the fuel-consuming and technological conveniences, most of which harm the planet in some way. If we settled for hunting and gathering, the Earth would still be a paradise.

9. Mavrix Guest

Positive thinking is stupid??

Are you sure? So negative thinking is good?

Thinking you will fail, wont succeed, not capable, to many problems, not possible, thats good mental cognetics?

Positive Thinkers value mistakes, No answers, It is your mind set.

Its not the answer to the problem. That answer is either yes or no. True or False.

Positive Thinking is staying focused, optimistic, positive attitude, belief, sence of determination.

Giving up IS sometimes the answer. If something doesnt work, you stop it. Try something else, thats what Positive Thinking is all about.

In reality, most people just give up, and settle for ther day job and lifestyle.

Not trieng other options. Thats what negative thinking brings you.

Feel free to swim in That sea of negativity.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, if you have low expectations you will never be disappointed, and if you do succeed, you will be pleasantly surprised.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

a term that is common in tisevil corporatist nightmare of a culture is 'underachiever'. people are hounded if they cant 'hack it' if they aint got no 'CV/resume', career, celebrity tatus, material possession, and show 'positive'. there is HUUUUGEfukin pressure. and if pople, and there aremany of em, really CANNOT cope and go 'NEGATIVE@ instead, ths culture's piests are there ready wit their 'orrecting drugs' to 'repositivize' them and keem thm 'productive'.

the whole show is ah evil farce. and you contribute to this with your new age positivism!....'kindly'

12. jshatz Registered Member

Read Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" and your thought may change. For someone who was thrown into a Nazi concentration camp, tortured, had his family killed, witnessed many Jews slain,..so on and so on....observed and created his own reality in his mind. His premise was that he could not control his external environment, but he still controlled his internal environment. Not to say it was an easy time for him, but his perspective helped hime survive and ultimately lead quite a propserous life. He could have easily succumbed to his external experience and had a life of upset and bitterness but he CHOSE to create his mind's reality.

This is the primary strength that differentiates between people who succeed in life (I am talking about people who are generally happy) and those who are miserable and blame the external environment for their misery. Many people in the slums look to their own strengths and triumph,..and some are even happy. So yes. perspective and thoughts have powerful effects on the human mind. Those who blame others for their misery will always be miserable, because the choose not to own their misery. You have to take responsibility for your feelings to change them.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

it IS being POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE when one DOESlook to the environment--what is keeping them down. dont you see this? tis tip yer on about te 'workin classhero' is,
    BS. all it isis a token gesture---the 'peasant' 'allowed' to partay with the 'gentry' type thing. mean WHILE, the very machinery which creates division and slums and inequality and class and caste etc., chugs on and on and on!

see it!

14. BSFilter Nature has no kindess/illwill Registered Senior Member

Just think of "that guy/girl" at your job who is always super positive. Dont they seem a little insane to you? Not right in the head?

15. Mavrix Guest

Yeah.. Super Positive people are insane...

And Super Negative people (psychos,killers,sociapaths) are normal.

16. BSFilter Nature has no kindess/illwill Registered Senior Member

No supernegative people are insane too

This isnt the first time you have put words into other peoples mouths either Marvix.

17. jshatz Registered Member

This begs the question: how do you know the sociopaths (etc) are negative? Maybe they think positively about what they are doing! They can be super positive about things regarded as wrong in the rest of society. Therefore; it's all perspective that shapes each person's own reality.

18. jshatz Registered Member

Sure, you can look at the negative things in your environment. Change what you can and accept the things you cannot change. I am not implying that negative things in environments do not exist. They do. But, what separates people who are happy and at peace from those who are not are the ones who change what they can in the environment and then work from the "inside out". The people who always complain about the way their environment or others treats them, without doing anything or changing their own thinking only become bitter, lonely, and often with physical and mental illness.

There is a lot of empirical research and studies out there which show the impact of positive thinking (and that could be simply someone thinking positively about changing a slum environment) and the physical and emotional well being of people. People who are negative, tend to have more mental, physical and relational problems. And there are negative people who are emotionally and physically miserable who have high end jobs that pay very well.

Instead of only arguing your thoughts, try reading some actual research (not just Internet searches) and peer reviewed articles and studies on this.

19. Mavrix Guest

Right On!

Doctors are now agreeing to the impact of thoughts, mentality with regards to effecting health.

These people, who disagree with us, are really egotistical.

Its really egotistical, to think you are always right, or when you dismiss a thought, idea, or theory, because "you" think its not real.

So if you think its fake, you automaticly create a disadvantage or you contaminate the scientific process.

Thats why scientists are supposed to be skeptics.

But ther not True skeptics, because the school, and ther lives taught them not to believe in anything science doesnt prove.

20. Winner of Discontent i am a banana Registered Senior Member

hmmm interesting. *throws 2 cents in*

Sure, positive thinking can take you places. Optimistic people have brought about many positive changes in the world due to their belief in goodness and refusal to give up. And yes, scientific research does claim that if you think happy thoughts you just might produce great results.

rant

With that said, I am bitter. I hate positive thinking. What works for one does not work for all. No worries though. I "own" my misery lol. I do not blame anyone else for the way I feel or for the gaping holes I've fallen into. I once was one of those shiny, happy people that believe in optimism, hope and all those other fuzzy words...but not anymore. I am grounded in reality now. The world is not a pretty place. Most things don't go your way. The future? Screw the future. I don't care what it holds. I care about survival...today is what's important. If I can make it through today, excellent.

Positive thinking can be detrimental. It can keep one living in a world that ultimately doesn't even exist. Will my negativity keep me from being successful? No, it will allow me to view the world as it was meant to be viewed. Survival of the fittest. Keep my priorities straight. Keep me on the edge of my seat, prepared for anything. I do not hate everything of course...I reserve positive thinking for particular situations if they call for it, but I do not live my life by it. No expectations. No disappointment...as Spidergoat so eloquently stated above.

And yes, super positive people are insane. I once quit a job because the chick training me said "cool beans." I knew at that moment I could not work with people like that.

Lastly, science may claim positive thinking works, but science is often wrong. As we dig deeper, we add to the chaos and in turn start to realize that milk isn't good for you and that pluto isn't a planet. Both positive thinking and negative thinking produce both positive and negative results. I know plenty of positive thinkers that talk alot of shit but never do anything. Motivation is what it's about. Motivation comes in many forms. My motivation right now is to just be. Live and let live. The world doesn't owe me anything, so why bother trying to collect. =P

/rant

positive thinking just ain't for me lol =)

21. illuminatingtherapy Initiate of The Universe Registered Senior Member

Was this your first post WoD? Nice one, I like your thinking. Anyway, welcome, I suspect you might be a healthy addition.

22. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

Mavrix, I've noticed quite a few contradictions in several of your statements, so I'd appreciate it if you would explain it to me.

As shown in these quotes, you declare people who disagree with "us" are "really egotistical", yet you stated merely posts up that Number 3 in your list is "Whatever People Say is Not True". Who is "us", by the way? The members of your faux-prodigy group? And since the term "us", by definition, includes yourself, would you, the author (I'm assuming) of the main theories posted, be egotistical and, ergo, be disagreeing with yourself (since you advocate the thinking that "Whatever People Say is Not True" yet you claim that those who disagree with you are egotistical [as shown by the first quote] and wrong [as shown by the second quote])? You've set up a contradicting paradox thats watering down your claims to be a genius, in my opinion.

You make a false assumption in these statements that is common, albeit rather juvenile. In this statement, you assume that the two states of thought are mutually exclusive and that there cannot be other ways to think, such as a more neutral mindset, a degree of positive, a degree of negative, a blend of both, or even the possibility of having more than one mind set about different situations (such as being negative in one situation, but positive in other situations). Also, you tend to project that you think that negative is a bad thing; it fact, it is not always a bad thing, as other posters in this thread have pointed out. Discernment and critical thinking are pertinent in all facets of life, yet you tend to discredit the effectiveness of such practices.

These are just a few basic contradictions that I noticed (although I have to ask, what is wrong with your English?) If you'd like me to really start nitpicking, I suppose I could, but I don't see what good would come from that other than micromanaging each other's posts and getting nowhere.

AmishRakeFight

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  23. Winner of Discontent i am a banana Registered Senior Member

yeah first one IT lol...tyvm, this board seems to have the flavor i'm looking for =)