Possibility of star formation around black holes

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Beaconator, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Oops your right I meant "sphere" not circle. And possibly circle instead of square.

I was serious on page 8. The rest of the time I have been laughing hysterically.

Hysterically does not mean in excess. It means from the belly. That deep sort of laugh a professor gets when asked a question that is obvious.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Ohhhhh, well then, it is still nonesense

Well professor, I thought you were going to say you were laughing hysterically like someone in a padded cell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I have really overstayed my welcome. Continue on with your work, professor, I will try to refrain from making more comments. I fear I may be unnecessarily impeding the flow of nontraditional ideas.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

What about "Frequency is a part of a photon's angular momentum"? Does that mean something, or is that part of your joke as well?

I ask because it is unusual to encounter someone with the confidence to make a statement like this, but who does not know what black body radiation is.

Conventional physics, you see, would say the frequency of a photon is proportional to its energy (E =hν) rather than introducing angular momentum.

8. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Velocity contains "direction". Direction "verges" with angular momentum. Its kinda like "converges" meaning meets at two ends, only this word implies a singular end. This means as an object gets further along its trajectory its position will vary more with respect to angles of spin. In mathematics it is know as "Tangent" which implies "it is closer than a straight line yet has traveled the same distance."

Which overall implies the spectral analysis and the temperature reading are really the same thing measured two different ways. Again black body spectrum verges from momentum supplied by surrounding objects.

Which implies angular momentum is supplied by three or more bandwidths or capacities.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Yes that is part of the joke.

Photon

From the link: The photon also carries spin angular momentum that does not depend on its frequency.

Of course I know what blackbody radiation is. Where did you come up with the stupid idea that I didn't.:shrug:

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Would you like some ranch dressing with that word salad?

11. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I would be content with you understanding how observations differ from experiment or theory. I would really like it if you understood just one tiny thing in the English language spelled out many times over.

Here is something you might possibly grasp.

I am playing pool in a poolroom of floating balls. But im not using a cue stick im throwing the cue.

I can hit an object ball square or off center from the trajectory of the cue and angular momentum will not be supplied to the object ball (as long as the cue didnt begin spinning). The first hit is speed. Now if this moving ball is hit by another moving ball it would give the ball direction, thus a velocity can be calculated. Finally if I hit the ball a third time it could be a wall or another ball and angular momentum would be seen on the object ball.

Are you aware some parrots mimic the sounds they hear while others actually understand it as language?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It also appears as word salad from here too...sorry.

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I can grasp that you are very confused about basic mechanics.

All the moving balls have a velocity. All the moving balls have a speed. Saying one ball has speed and the other has velocity is absurd. All the moving balls have a direction don't you agree?

If a ball has 3 collisions it then has angular momentum? Are you serious? Why do you think the ball will now have angular momentum? You don't have any idea what angular momentum is do you?

I hope you are happy, my irony meter just exploded!

14. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Are photons governed by kinematics or electrodynamics? How must angular momentum therefore apply to the physics of photons?

What's the formula that describes that deviation in trajectory as a function of angles of spin?

What is the tangential component of a photon's angular momentum?

Here you only need to demonstrate how temperature is measured within the same resolution bandwidth available through spectral analysis.

Here you would want to demonstrate how rotating blackbodies (or any other emitters) differ in spectra from those in linear translation, or at those at rest, with respect to the observer.

What "supplies" angular momentum in kinematics? What "supplies" it in electrodynamics? Which applies to the photon and how does it work?

Demonstrate what you mean with examples.

Also, can you find any example of the word "verge" used as a verb, which conveys the meaning you've given it here?

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

- the ^^above quoted from : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verge

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well DMOE since you seem to be able to speak Beaconator could you relate how your definition above relates to this sentence in Beacontorize:

Direction "verges" with angular momentum.

17. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Well, origin, if there was, in fact, a separate Language spoken by Beaconator, and named for him - would it not be referred to as "Beaconatorese", instead of "Beacontorize" - after all people in Japan speak "Japanese", not "Japanize", the same with people in Vietnam, they speak "Vietnamese", not "Vietnamize".

Please refer to :
    - the ^^above quoted from : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verge

BTW, origin, "verge" and "verges" both appear to be English words, and Beaconator seems to be using "verges" in context adhering to its English definition and meaning as an intransitive verb.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Psssst... I don't really think Beaconator is speaking a different language.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was being sarcastic because of the gibberish he was speaking (gibberish isn't really a language).

It seems very important to you to defend beaconator, which is swell but you still aren't helping to make his gibberish clearer.

Beaconator stated: Direction "verges" with angular momentum.

With your expert help in english we now know that he meant:

Direction moves towards angular momentum.

or

Direction changes or transitions to angular momentum.

Still gibberish, but I am sure that beaconator appreciates your help.

19. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

No... velocity is a "change in speed" or "direction". So sure they have "direction", but no change in speed so velocity is zero.

You can try it if you don't believe me. Go to a poolroom and make a ball spin on its axis in one hit. Physically impossible.

I hope you are happy, my irony meter just exploded![/QUOTE]

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Experiments and theories are developed from observations in many cases......
    We see the anomalous angular momentum of the stars in the outer part of galaxies......we hypothesise DM.....we find more evidence supporting that hypothesis.....that now is accepted......
    We observe accelerated expansion of space/time....we hypothesise DE.....research is currently being undertaken to enlighten us on the nature of this DE.

So far, what you have hypothesised is not just unlikely, it actually appears opposite to what we are observing.
    That's why you are not being taken seriously, and your threads and comments could even slip from Älternative Theory" forum, to pseudoscience.

21. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

It is applied to velocity in electrodynamics.

There is a bunch of them in the Einstein field equations and Schwarzchild solutions. Not many contain torque, time, and trajectory.

Angular momentum is the tangential component to lights velocity. Energy and momentum are the sin and cousin.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

\( {2{\pi}RF{\sin} {\theta}\)

Not with an (S)... But Merriam say...

verge intransitive verb
    verged verg�ing
    Definition of VERGE

a of the sun : to move or tend toward the horizon : sink
    b : to move or extend in some direction or toward some condition <verging to a hasty decline � Edward Gibbon>
    : to be in transition or change

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

A change in speed or direction is called acceleration my young fellow, not velocity.

Velocity is vector that is composed of speed and direction. Speed is just the scaler of the vector.

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

An increase in speed is called acceleration.
    A decrease in speed is called deceleration.

A change in direction is called...a change in direction?...adjusting the vector?...?
    At any rate, a change in direction does not demand any change in speed.