Post here if you are going to support Bush for another presidency . . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CuriousGene, Feb 7, 2004.

1. CuriousGene Supreme Allied Commander Registered Senior Member

I would simply like to hear people's opinions on why they are going to support Bush for another term. I myself believe history will look back on his horrible performance and use his presidency as a departure point to where America went wrong. I often a get a deer-in-headlights look when Bush supporters tell me their list of reasons which I think are asinine.

So post up and tell me why oh why you would support Bush.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pakman Registered Senior Member

Sigh. I loathe the policies and the actions of this oxymoron, but with Howard Dean no longer a forerunner in the 2004, I'm left with voting for Bush over Kerry. Plus, Bush would give me more to stuff to debate about for the next 4 years. And with this guy screwing up over everything, obviously he sucks at being President, I'm beginning to apprectiate how the world is now standing up to America's policies. Bush is definately showing the true side of America's foreign policy and he's not even wearing a good enough disguise to get away with it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

1.We haven't been attacked since Mr. Bush started his campaign against terrorists. True , there have been a few isolated incidents with germs and the like but all and all he's done a very good job under the harshest of conditions.

2. The economy is looking very good isn't it? The stock market is almost to 11,000 points, the unemployment rate is lower.

This doesn't mean I'm voting for him , just stating why many people will.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. travis Registered Senior Member

Although I voted for Bush, I've been too disappointed with his treasonous actions to vote for him again.
    The Patriot act, amnesty for illegals, record breaking spending, he's worse than klinton.

If I found Bush in the desert dying of thirst, I wouldn't let him have the sweat off my...feet.

Of course his fellow bonesman Kerry is out of the question. I suppose I'll waste my vote on an independent, Constitution Party, maybe.

8. otheadp Banned Banned

if i were an american i'd vote for him

9. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

of course ,otheadp !
    everybody knew that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Unemployment rate is lower than what? Three weeks ago? Remember, Bush is going out of office with far less jobs in the nation then when he went in.

People who remenis about the Regan era should really be enthusiastic about Bush, though, after all Regan's greatest legasy was his fucked up economic policy and the biggetst deficit in the history of the world, and now Bush has managed to top him in that by a startling amount! What ever happend to the party of fiscal responceability?

11. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Aww you just wanna' see the fall of the western world, dontcha?

12. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Obviously a Democrat would have done something too. There’s nobody to compare Bush to. I think a Democrat, whose actions are typically a lot more caring to the common man, would have done a better job.

You’ll be voting for Bush then. The majority doesn’t win, a plurality does. Most of the non-Republican parties are liberal.

13. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Surely you know it only ever existed in the party brochures. Giving away the store to the rich and being fiscally responsible are mutually exclusive.

14. otheadp Banned Banned

more like its preservation...
    i would however want to see the fall of fascist islamist xenophobe dictatorships

15. truth Registered Senior Member

Bush has done things that I do not appreciate such as issues regarding illegal immigrants, Social Security for immigrants, not placing troops on the Mexican border to curb illegals.

Given the alternative, none, he is the best one to vote for. We need another Ronald Reagan! A vote for any other candidate is a waste and risks placing a Democrat in the White House.
    --------------------------------
    Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. George Washington

16. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Why would a Democrat be a risk? The last one was a boon to the country. You never really know how someone will do as prez until they’re in there. (Look at Schwarzeneggar as governor, doing great so far.) We do know that Bush is a disaster. Odds are Kerry will be better. We need another Reagan? C'mon, why?

17. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

another reagan would potentially the worst thing that could happen to this country. bush is practically another reagan and look at all things have gone so far.

18. Undecided Banned Banned

Yay! More Debt,more Militarism,more Poverty, More Republicans!

19. gregoftheweb Registered Member

20. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Decent site. For me, Kerry came 2nd and Bush came last. A lot of criteria that is major to me is missing from the survey though.

21. RonVolk Registered Senior Member

LOL yea missing the "budget" criteria that Bush and pals will probably be dodging in the debates. I got Edwards, Kerry, Bush, Kucinich. I like Kerry more than edwards though and I don't really like Bush. Maybe there's something in SC's water cause I used to live there but I didn't hear about Edwards till this election started.

22. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Warmongering facist christian dictators are ok, though?

I've had enough of these goofy republican screw-ups, lets get someone with at least half a brain in his head into the white house. I long for the days when the only scandals in the whitehouse is who blew who, at least no one died needlessly for that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  23. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Reagan defeated communism. He parachuted into the Kremlin and snapped Gorbachev's neck. Honest. Other similarities include: dubious* military interventions(Nigarargua, El Salavador, Grenada etc.), big loads of bullshit regarding foreign interventions("I do not recall senator", iran/contra), asinine missile shield program.

* by dubious, I mean evil.