Potential new moderator for WE&P

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Asguard, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

We are potentually looking for someone to asist with world events and politics, we havent yet been able to get dave's aproval on this and the final choice is up to the other mods and dave (there is no more elected mods) but james and i thought it might be a good idea to see who was interested so who would like to be a mod and who would you guys like to see as one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

Asguard:
    I'm interested in volunteering, if you really need help moderating World Events and Politics.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I am greater than potentially unlikely to conform to the locally necessary standards of required conformity.

Therefore, I am not a willing candidate for the 'potentialy looked for someone'.

It's less a reflection on me, you know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Overdose From the steppes of Mongolia Registered Senior Member

What are the requirments? and what does a mod do besides deleting and moving topics?

8. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Credentials well lets see, you need to be a qualified locksmith, to lock all the threads, you need to set your computer up on the roof or in the loft, so you can look down on posters who dont share the same view as yours.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ability to do the job impartially inspite of people you personally dislike (ie its very hard not to just delete all of vinces post on genral principle)

that you have the time to do the job

basically its just making sure that threads are a) in the right spot and b) dont breach the forum rules

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You also get a say in the overall direction the forum takes, the rules that are applied, who can post, and so on.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I'd be happy to be a mod, if anyone wants me to.

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

I personally think that Hapsburg would make a great mod...

13. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

from mountainhare

I personally think that Hapsburg would make a great mod...

At least he'll not post a thread with a heading language like: "SCUM" as you (Palestinian "moderate") did on the history section.

14. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

No, Thanks, your bias and hatred (especially to Jews), are all over the place.
    So is your "in depth analysis" of Hitler's hate, as you put it;
    "After all everyone hated them then..."
    Also your blatant error in mixing Jews and Communists as one same thing in Hitler's eye, ignoring the very basic, like: HATE of the other race, issue, shows your venom.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, I don't know about that! Check some/most of his past posts ....it seems to me that he's VERY quick with personal attacks against those who he doesn't like. ...especially those who he deems as racists ...and he's damned quick to make that accusation, even if the poster is NOT racist.

Baron Max

16. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

Baron Max, That explains Mountainhare (palestinian propagandist who's been posting bigotry) "backing"...

17. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

vincent, thanks for causing smiles about the manual.

18. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

Asguard!
    Who moderates the moderators?

19. mountainhare Banned Banned

Oh look, now Kiwi is using even this thread for REPEATED personal attacks against me! I make a polite comment about Hapsburg (someone who I have had squabbles with in the past, BTW), who I feel could act objectively as a moderator, and for that I am flamed.

If you have a problem Kiwi, why don't you tell the moderators? And by the way, who was the one who had their post edited for continuous personal attacks? Not me, that's for sure. Before pointing your finger at someone, be aware that 3 fingers point back at yourself.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Count me in. My qualifications? I kind of know how sciforums works.

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

You also have almost 9,000 posts to your name... impressive.

22. Kiwi123 Banned Banned

mountainhare!
    Don't put on a show as a "nice" guy, you made the personal attack last week with some stupid links to other forums.

23. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

I have no idea if it helps but you've got my vote

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Having seen the posts of the others that have nominated themselves and also considering that most of them haven't been here that long I think spurious is the obvious choice.