power boost for a dark side convert?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by DarthBeardus, Aug 28, 2014.

1. DarthBeardus Registered Member

Attention Star wars enthusiasts and those educated in the force.

I have a little issue I need addressing. A friend and I are putting together a short star wars fan film where I play a sith and he plays a jedi who turns to the dark side by my hand. Now, I'll give you the short version, the way it's supposed to work is my character kills his master, we duel and the arse whooping he receives makes him to give into the dark side to beat me. It's in his final act of killing me that cements his path on the dark side and we leave it open for a sequel. Now this doesn't bother me, I'm fine with dying. The thing that irks me is he wants to make his character ridiculously OP when he gives into the hate. My character is supposed to be a far better duelist than his but they are on par in terms of force abilities. His reasoning is that when his character turns to the dark side he automatically gets a huge power boost and he straight away becomes stronger than me, busting out all of these crazy force powers to beat me, kind of the power boost a super saiyan gets. Is there any rule or example of this? I just want to suss it out because he's the kind of guy who likes to be the best when ever he's role playing etc and I think he's just making this up to make himself feel better hahaha. I would have thought a Sith who has trained in aggression his whole life would put up a decent fight against this character and I wanted it to be depicted as a legit equal fight where I make a slip up and he kills me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The way I look at it is that, going to the Dark Side, you are able to release more of your latent power at once, but at the cost of accuracy/control... ergo, a light side and dark side person of similar "strength" can both use Force Lightning... but the dark-side user isn't afraid of causing collateral damage, and so is willing to put more and more power into it to overwhelm his opponent even if it arcs to "innocent" bystanders.

This is what made Mace Windu such a badass - by combining bits from the Dark Side into his lightsabre training (Vaapad) he was able to become immensely skilled and powerful... but he walked a knife's edge, having to use constant introspection to keep himself on the path of Light.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.