ppl following u...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by adhams, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adhams Registered Senior Member

how can i know ppl who are currently following meh?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I shouldn't worry, based on your contributions thus far, I think most people will be moving in the opposite direction.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

You just won the internet.

Well done.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

• Reporting this was a blatant waste of moderator time... but then, you already knew that.
    Reported for trolling/flaming..

9. tali89 Registered Senior Member

Yet moderators have ample time to follow certain posters from thread to thread to issue warnings, make one lined-snipes at senior members, engage in misrepresentation, surreptitiously delete posts, ban posters without warning, trace IP addresses, and most absurdly, demand evidence of a poster's gender. Oh, and they want to *raise* the character limit to accommodate their increasingly long-winded and inane posts. Now note that this isn't a criticism of the moderation here (such that it is), but simply an observation of certain individuals' priorities.

dumbest man on earth and Trooper like this.
  10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What it actually seems to be is an attempt to finding a conspiracy where none exists... none the less, I believe this thread has run its course.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

A few corrections...

Moderators usually act on reports posted by regular members. We don't stalk members from thread to thread. We look at the content that has been reported.

Examples?

No doubt, that is in the eye of the beholder in many cases. But don't you find it ironic that you're throwing this particular stone with this particular post?

This never occurs, except in the case of first-post spammers of the forum. We wipe all their posts as a matter of course.

Our ban policy is available for you to peruse in the Site Feedback policy. Ban are automated, based on total active infraction points when a warning is issued. Prior to any ban, a poster must have received 50 points worth of prior warnings. So, hardly "without warning".

We do this to control spam. We also do it to confirm suspected sock puppets, since we have a "no socks" policy here.

That has never occurred, to my knowledge. I suppose if a poster was knowingly lying about his gender, then it could be relevant...

Recently, there was a public vote on this matter.

What are your priorities, tali89? I have never seen you post any science content, or indeed anything noteworthy on sciforums. Your priority seems to be attacking the moderators. Why is that? It's almost as if you're the sock puppet of a disgruntled ex-member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.