Predictive dreams

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Mdokuchie, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Mdokuchie Registered Member

New to the site. Looks interesting and I'm sure I will learn some things! I have a question about predictive dreams. I'm not really educated much. Just basic grade 12. I have had things happen to me in the past which I believe are predictive dreams. I dream of a series of events, usually spanning about a minute or so. And I will have this exact dream 5 or 6 times over the course of many months to many years. Then one day it happens in real life EXACTLY as it did in the dream. This has happened to me a few times. It's pretty creepy because it really seems like I am predicting the future, which is obviously quite amazing. If any one can shed light on this, that would be great. Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Welcome , can you explain how you know that your dreams only take one minute if your are asleep?:shrug:

If you say that you had a dream that actually happened was it something that would have happened anyway, like driving your car and you were hit by another car and had an accident? Many dreams are like that, familiar things happening but seem that you predicted them when its just something that will happen sometime to many of us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wellwisher Banned Banned

The edited version printed again.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wellwisher Banned Banned

If you look at the human imagination, this neural circuitry can generate output that can defy the laws of nature, cause and effect and probability. We can use the imagination to fly to the moon, flapping our arms, while throwing dice all sevens a million times in a row. This departure from natural laws, allows humans to create all types of synthetic things in that matrix. We can get the answer before the solution, reversing cause and effect, so it looks like effect and cause. We may need the work the solution, later, so others can see cause and effect. A book is developed often out of sequence but will be published in logic order. Most people who just read but don't write will assume both form the same way.

That being said, the conscious mind is not the only part of the brain that uses the imagination. Often inspiration is a result of unconscious processing using the imagination. This is common in dreams. The conscious mind comes in after the unconscious processing in the matrix and might continue the train of thought. Dreams are not always cause and effect or probable, so the conscious mind may have to process it further to explain in terms of cause and effect.

There is a related affect of the mind called sensory expectation, which is often connected to the unconscious mind and imagination. Let me try to explain this with an example. Consider a woman who has the urge to go shopping. She feels the desire to go to her favorite store. However, there is no exact thing she consciously needs to buy. She will go through the racks and look at everything, until she sees that special item that catches her eye. The sensory expectation was already in her mind, but somewhat unconscious. The potential associated with the expectation was satisfied when the reality sensory input, which later enters her brain and overlaps the unconscious expectation. She may not be sure what her gut was telling her buy, based on what might be possible, but she will know when she see it.

This is no different from the artist, who sees the image of the final statue, within in the raw stone he begins with. That image may be somewhat fuzzy in his imagination, and even subject to change in the field. But as he cuts away the stone, what meets his sensory expectation will remain.

In the case of your dream, the unconscious is using the matrix of the imagination to jump to a conclusion in the future; effect before cause. This sets a potential in terms of sensory expectation. When you see that expectation within reality, you knew it, because it reduced the potential of the effect and cause, via cause and effect. Because sensory expectation can reverse cause and effect, into effect and cause, it doesn't always settle with the rational mind, until they collect their own data or have such an experience.

I remember having a dream when I was young, about a particular female I would eventually meet. When I met her years later, I remembered the dream since the potential of the induced sensory expectation had finally been met. It was like shopping and knowing what I needed or wanted when I saw her.

She may not have been the one, since the first time we slept together I had a dream of her being a witch with men in chains around her. My unconscious mind was projecting to what would be the nature of our relationship. She knew how to work men by anticipating and satisfying expectations until there were addicted. The dream kept me on guard, allowing me to outlast the others. In the end I gave in and cause and effect closed. You can avoid sensory expectation.

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

An interesting post, wellwisher.

Sensory expectation. I know the feeling.

Every now and then I will go to a shop that I do not frequent and spend some time looking around, without any specific item in mind. More often than not, something will catch my eye that is PERFECT for an immediate or future need. It's difficult to explain because I most often buy only essentials and work from a list, yet when this strange urge strikes me at random, I most often pay it heed with good result.

My 'finds' are most often either hard to come by or at exceptional savings.

9. Twelve Registered Senior Member

Are your predictive dreams only related to your private life? Have you ever had dreams that refer to the world?
    Have you already had any premonition about next year 2012?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This seems to happen to me too, but I don't think anything of it. The brain makes connections. We have so many dreams that we remember the ones that seem significant due to their relation to outside events.

11. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Because big events like air disasters happen there are often people who say they had the dream before it happened. So let's say that a meteor was going to crash into New York. You would expect many people to have the same dream. But whenever these things are mentioned, it is just 1 person who had that dream. Why is it always 1 person, and not a group of people? Also, let's say that you decided that you had to tell the police. Why aren't there 6 people going to the police with the same story?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

|| Tread moved from "Free Thoughts" to "Parapsychology".

13. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Most people get that - it's just déjà vu. If you think about it, you can never pinpoint the exact night during which you dreamt that this event was going to happen. Also, if you really think about it, it's never anything important - just someone moving a cup in a certain way or something banal like that.

14. Mdokuchie Registered Member

Like I said, it's a series of events. And when I said it spans a minute or so, I meant in real life the events span a minute or so. and I mean exactly the same. i'll give an example. I will be talking with someone and they will say the same things, I will think the same things, same gestures, same clothing, same environment, etc. It's not just a simple moving of a cup. It's a series of events that are exactly as I had dreamed. It's never anything life altering or serious. Just a normal serious of events. It's always too specific to be coincidence though.

15. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Actually, I'm not being fair to this thread, because I have had the same thing happen to me....

And I just remembered one that is really hard to account for...

I was going to meet my girlfriend for the first time after writing to one another for about 6 weeks. It was also a rare chance to go to London where she lived, and I hadn't been there before. The night before I had a dream that I was on a train going to London, and many things happened when I got to London in the dream as well.

So I am now really on a train going to London, which isn't very surprising. But I see a poster in a tunnel, and I then remember the poster in the dream. That sort of makes me aware to look for similarities to the dream. I see a construction site from the dream. After meeting my girlfriend we walk around London and I tell her what we will see on our walk. She is surprised to start seeing the things that I said. But the final object is impossible... I say to her...

"The last thing that I saw was a Carousel, but it wasn't outside, it was in a room." And we both agreed that this was impossible.

We go into Harrods, we go up the escalator, and the first thing we see is a Carousel in a toy shop that you can actually buy, and it's practically full size, filling most of the room. We were both in shock.

To be honest, I can't explain these things. They don't work in my theory at all. There are no physics connecting us to the future.

16. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Read post 12...

I want to comment on it, but don't wish to detract from it either.

Most recognizable PSI phenomenon (including telepathy) can be dream related. Anyone with a desire to know the truth and thinks a few hours/days/weeks might be a solid investment in opening doors of belief try recording dreams regularly for a while.

Remembering even a lucid dream can be quite a feat though if it is not written down.

17. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I have particles that can be everywhere at once. I only figured them out today.. Virtual particles. Time shouldn't really be a place though. So it shouldn't matter where they are. I don't know.. just thought I would mention it. For the theory to work, they would have to not only be everywhere at once, but would also have to be partnered in such a way that when they pop into your brain, they keep the same alignment as your future self.

I don't think it could happen. But at least it now has a 000000000000.1% chance.

18. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Dreams can also be just random thoughts entwining coupled with our own emotional views. I awoke last night seeing a sharp headline that Mileey Cyruus (misspelled on purpose to avoid net searches) was shot dead by a fan.
    I respect my dreams enough to write them down, and check on them in the news.
    The star of "Hannaah Montanna" (also misspelled on purpose), is alive and well.

@ Pincho,
    I have seen precognitive experiments register with accuracy comparable to that of telepathy. I believe people can predict the future as much as I believe in telepathy.