Prehistoric Advanced Civilizations (industrialized)

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by KRR, Feb 20, 2019.

1. KRR Registered Member

here is a n alternative theory I have come up with. There have been several variations of this but mine goes into more detail about how it could be possible. It is in a mini series below.

What do you all think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Göbekli Tepe seems to be an example of an advanced civilization
    once built and then abandoned it had been completely forgotten
    and
    we do not know what the people who built it called it
    (most certainly not "Potbelly Hill")

Our ancestors were most likely no less intelligent than are we.
    Without our current infrastructure, could we survive and thrive?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KRR Registered Member

I guess I’m referring more to industrialized societies since that’s what we are, but have a more contained (geography wise) Advanced civilization isn’t out of the question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Sorry, no Atlantis.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Bet you don't think The Flintstones depicts a well documented life style long long ago

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Gawdzilla Sama likes this.
  9. globali Registered Senior Member

Nice work! Can't wait for the next episodes.
    Are you sure nothing would have been preserved from an advanced civilization 200 thousand years ago? Like for instance, golden constructs, objects in the moon, etc?
    I also think i read that homo sapiens paintings in caves depicting their everyday life (which seemed to be quite primitive), or axes buried together with homo sapiens are common findings.

How do you address those issues?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    RainbowSingularity likes this.
  10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i think it is great that you made a short film

do you wish your cinematography & film making critiqued ?
    or
    are you asking about the subject and wanting to engage people in the science ?

Atlantis has been found many years ago
    it was submerged by a big earth quake and was in fact an island in the Mediterranean sea which enjoyed a supposed very good level of wealth.

11. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Citation, please.

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

??? Brain fart bubble??? or Hidden Knowledge of the Ancients monthly?

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Most likely, the reference was for/to Santorini
    One of the largest volcanic eruptions in the past 10,000 years occurred in approximately 1620 BC on the volcanic island of Santorini in the Aegean Sea. ...

This, of course, equates Atlantis with the minoan trading empire.

http://www.historywiz.com/minoanfate.htm

TabbyStar likes this.
  14. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

When I was stationed in Sicily I made a trip to Santorini. Very cool. The Minoan civilization that was crippled by the eruption was advanced for its time. It wasn't very "advanced" by current standards.

15. KRR Registered Member

Both would be great! I know my film making is amateur level, this was all done with stuff I had (free student version of photoshop, iMovie, and a 500$ camera that I already had)

16. KRR Registered Member

No I’m not sure! Some things could be preserved of course it just depends on the conditions it was left in and what materials it was.

Object in the moon could be there, we would have to dig to find them. Lunar dust accumulates roughly 4 inches in 100000 years so footprints and things would be covered. Also there are tons of asteroid collisions.

I have a good post about gold here, basically the less pure it is ge more it corrodes, the more pure the easier it is to deform.

Also gold cannot be carbon dated it can only be dated based on alloy content and design of the piece.

Read this blog about gold
    http://www.entropytheory.com/corrosion/2019/01/07/gold/

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I read something somewhere that used the tsunamis as an "explanation" for Moses' parting of the Red Sea and the subsequent re-flooding.

18. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Not likely, the geography is wrong.

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I think they were grasping at straws because the timeline is vaguely plausible.

20. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

And I pointed out that even a vague connection is unlikely.

21. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Back to the thread subject
    2 things
    1) about 90% of the last 200,000 years, the earth was glaciated with sea levels 300 feet lower than today, and as most people live near the shore, we should expect to find much of our ancestors efforts and civilizations on the bottom of the seas 300 feet deep or shallower
    2) using the @2000 year old Antikythera mechanism and then extrapolating back 100 times that age seems problematic.
    Interesting concept, but most likely just fantasy.

TabbyStar likes this.
  22. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

it is also possible that such technology like this may have come from a culture like the atlantians, whom were a land culture not some water breathing species of human

the myth was most likely created by treasure hunters finding items on the sea floor where the island had been submerged.

given the island was a natural barrier to raiders and it was sufficiently distant to smaller pirate ships, while having a fairly well advanced social culture & government meant it could fight off those that would destroy its technology.
    The sudden disappearance of the entire island, culture & most of its people, then compared its technology to be that of living gods.
    giving rise to a super human ability.
    given that there was no real understanding of how the earth works it would have seemed perfectly reasonable to conclude at the time that an advanced city that was underwater with all sorts of gold & jewels would have been inhabited by water breathing humans, whom for some reason or another found something better to move to some time ago.

23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

how long till your project is due ?