Primitive Respiratory System

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by chikis, Feb 15, 2012.

1. chikis Registered Senior Member

Darwins's theory of evolution is the widely held notation that all life forms is related and has descended from a common ancestor; the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers.
    Darwins's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life and stresses a purely naturalistic.
    Looking at "embroyology", one of the evidence of evolution.
    The embroyos (the earliest stage of and development of both plants and animals) of fish, reptile, birds and mammals are very similar and this are evidence that they evolved from a distant common ancestor. Embroyology shows that all have gill slits and tails in their embroyos like those of a fish.
    I can use this theory to pick fish out as the animal that has the most primitive respiratory system. How about that?

What do Origin has to say about my post above?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I see what your point is. But gills are really a rather sophisticated method of obtaining oxygen. The earliest life was probably bacteria and the way that they obtain the gases they needed is through direct absorption of the gas. Interstingly, even some animals with lungs still obtain air this way. The coolist (I think) is the snapping turtle - in the winter they lay on the bottom of ponds and hibernate with their mouths open and absorb the oxygen they need through the lining of their throats!:bugeye:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chikis Registered Senior Member

It is very obvious that grasshopper has the most primitive respiratory system but according to the past question and answer booklet where I got the question from, the answer there is fish and am dragging hard to get a concrete explaination to that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Seriously? you are still struggling with this? This is BASIC, the answer is correct and you are wrong now figure it out

8. chikis Registered Senior Member

No I can't. I think you have to help me this time around.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Does this give you a hint

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. chikis Registered Senior Member

No, I got no hint from that.