Profanity why?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xelasnave.1947, Apr 21, 2017.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Someone says they are abused & amateur psychologists blame the victim.

<>

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I think I'm going to jail for a very very long time of my life. I will probably die there and if not be forced to commit suicide in jail.

I live in Israel and I am already in serious trouble with the Israeli authorities for failing to pay taxes on time and for other economic/financial crimes.

My physical health is also very bad but I can't get medical treatment because of legal and financial problems that I'm facing right now.

What scares me more is that when I'm going to be released from jail in a very long time from now I'll be homeless with no roof over my head and no food to eat. I will probably starve to death on the streets after I will be released from jail.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

No. It's called keeping it real. As if you have said anything to actually enlighten anything for the person you supposedly have sympathy for. Maybe your version of kindness is further telling someone what they want to hear while having actually no real solutions. Right, like that's so much more ethical and kind.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    My having no solution is unrelated to you blaming the victim.
    I could not tell him what he wants to hear. I do not have enough information. Neither do you.
    You cannot be enlightened unless you want it.

<>

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  8. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I can't stand my father because I think that he doesn't really care about me.

He knows that I can't go to work and produce my own money because I'm sick but he still uses me and forces me to live with him.

Many times I get the feeling that no one really cares about me, not even my parents.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

pluto, at this point I don't think anyone on SciForums will be able to help your situation - it might be worth going to a group such as Amnesty International or the like?

10. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    I care but that is all I can do. Probably others here care but it is awkward to say so here.

<>

11. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Many times I wonder why the people on the Internet are so abusive and mean.

In a forum called "Wrong Planet" (a online community for people with Autism and Asperger's syndrome ) for example they completely ignore all my posts and treat me like I'm nonexistent and invisible.

And this is not the first time that someone gives me the silent treatment like that.

I hate it when people treat me like that and some people call my ugly and say other mean stuff to me.

Many people on the Internet are simply bad people and this is why I stopped talking or forming any form of contact with people on the Internet.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The adage "Laugh and people will laugh with you; cry, and you cry alone" applies on the internet more than in real life.
    (Actually, more like cry and you'll me mocked and ridiculed.)

Internet fora among strangers is not a very good place to bring up the issues that you face and the things you want to talk about.

You would do better in a more intimate arena, where people can get to know each other and swap empathy. Not sure where one can go online for that, but I'm sure they're out there. Best of all is to find a local help group where you can meet in-person.

And if there aren't any near you, maybe you can start one. Who knows how many others there are out there, just like you who could use a kindred spirit.

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

^^^
    Many people are abusive & mean & many of them are on the internet. Surely you have experienced such offline.
    It is an unfortunate fact of human nature.

<>