Proof of the supernatural

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by garbonzo, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Ugh! More belabored BS. You do know I have the total right to ignore you don't you? That you can't ban me for that, right?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Once again, you throw a temper tantrum - you can't win, so you're going to stomp your feet, kick your legs, scream and pout, and threaten to ignore the person you can't beat...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Courtesy of Merriam Webster:

Full Definition of STUPID
    1a : slow of mind : obtuse
    b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless mannerc : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish

2: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid <still stupid from the sedative>

3: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless <astupid decision>

4a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event>

b : vexatious, exasperating <the stupid car won't start>

So... by what you have just said... you are calling billvon a four year old...

Should I report that for ad hominem?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm totally serene right now. I just don't think I have to put up with your constant flaming attacks on me in lieu of you actually debating your position convincingly.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Your position has been debated to death, and you were proven quite concisely wrong - your response to that was, in essence, to stick your fingers in your ears and shout at everybody that they are wrong. You have, in this one thread, attempted to redefine words and phrases, deflected arguments you couldn't defeat, ignored evidence, failed to provide supporting evidence, repeatedly claimed you were being victimized when you realized your position was untenable, and the list goes on.

Were this a courtroom, you would have been found in contempt and locked up for disrupting the proceedings. Were this an academic setting, you would have been laughed out the door. Were it any professional setting, you would have been asked to leave.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Uh no. I don't think Billvon is 4 years old. And I didn't say he was either. In fact, I doubt Billvon even goes around calling "things" stupid. I think he's just trying to argue for a point.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

But you said, and I quote:

Given that Billvon just said:

And you just said:

and
    So, by what you have said: You saying that "stupid is an adjective 4 year olds use", and the fact that you feel calling someones argument something (since an argument is not a conscious entity) is the equivalent of calling the person something...

Yeah, you just called Billvon a four year old...

Or, is this a double standard that only applies to you when it behooves you to have it apply to you?

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..saying 4 year olds use the adjective "stupid" alot doesn't imply adults who use it are 4 years old. It merely means they have something in common with 4 year olds. Can you make that distinction?

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

I do indeed, as do a great many people. The 1976 Buick Skyhawk required you to remove the engine to replace the spark plugs. That was a stupid design - and most people I have talked to have agreed.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Nope, because there is no distinction to make - thank you for admitting your double standard

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! I stand corrected!

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You misinterpret again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You said "stupid is as stupid does" and I said, and say again. "If the cap fits, wear it" :shrug:

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

From what I have seen in this thread and others, you actually fit the definition of paranoid.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Another insult. What does your opinion of how I am have to do with the topic of this thread? Does insulting me make you feel better about yourself somehow?

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..you said I made a stupid claim. That's calling me stupid. Own it.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure thing...You did not just make a stupid claim, you made a very stupid and dishonest claim, that you in reality did just to get a raise out of the general people you find on a science forum.
    Just so you are unable to once again misinterpret or gloss over, I'm speaking of the Idiotic claim, that science has never benefited mankind....or words to that effect.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You made the claim
    "I'm totally serene right now. I just don't think I have to put up with your constant flaming attacks on me in lieu of you actually debating your position convincingly".
    Sounds like paranoia to me.:shrug:
    Just as your opinion of the supernatural, ghosts, goblins, fairies etc, based on hearsay, obscure videos, blurry u tube, and other hair brained scenario, without any concrete evidence, leaves itself open for derision and rebuke.

21. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It's one thing to be ignorant, but willful ignorance IS stupid.

paddoboy and sculptor like this.
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No it doesn't. You have the total choice to insult or not. And that's what you do. And you are morally responsible for that. It is the only way you can "win" an argument. Belittle and mock them instead of offering anything persuasive.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, this is a great example of that and the general methodology used by a lot of anti science nuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.