Proof of the supernatural

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by garbonzo, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

A perfect example... and one I'm sure Magical Realist will be sure to either ignore or try (pitifully, no less) to discredit.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I don't see what that has to do with anything...

And yes, congratulations, you posted a picture of the dress in question...

8. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

While not for the purpose of showing the "reliability" of eye-witness accounts, these certainly make you think about how much we miss, and by inference how much we would simply get wrong.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

People have trouble deciding what color the dress is in the picture on the right. Some say it is white and gold and some say it is black and blue. It is weird but that is the problem with an eyewitness. Thanks for supplying the picture and making my point!

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Even high ranking individuals and respected people in general are not infallible.
    Everyone makes mistakes...everyone at some time or another can be fooled.
    The fact remains, we have no hard evidence for UFOs of Alien origin.
    Plus of course logic and common sense dictates that any Alien visitation would be well in advance of us. So why are they always just picking up isolated individuals out in the back of nowhere, and why do they all appear paranoid and obsessed with Anal probing.
    If and when we are finally visited, we will all know about it, not just some isolated delusional person in the middle of nowhere.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Nobody doubts that the dress is black and blue now since the other pic was posted. So you have no point, as usual...

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Don't know what that has to do with 5 trained rescue workers all hearing a woman's voice crying "help me! Help me!" from a wrecked car. According to your thesis, all the workers should've missed hearing something. But they didn't. They all heard the same thing.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  13. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You missed (or deliberately ignored) the point. Again.

It's not about the dress, it's about the photo of the dress.

Eye witnesses of the photo give contradictory statements about the colour of the dress in the photo.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..it was about the color of the dress, not the photo. Nobody doubts that the dress is black and blue.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, it was about the photo.

16. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

No, my "thesis" is that eye-witness testimony is not reliable, whether it be auditory or visual recollection.

That was the point being made by others - and I merely added some weight to that notion.
    Do you have an issue with that?

And yeah, it was about the photo.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Five eyewitnesses hearing the same thing at the same time is very reliable, and certainly much more reliable than anyone who wasn't even there speculating that it never happened. I'll stick with the eyewitnesses..

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You have an amazing ability to ignore, miss, or otherwise not realize the point when something is evidence against your claims, and yet you find any little tidbit to support them...

I call this superpower Confirmation Bias.

19. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I call it trolling.

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

What evidence against my claim?-- which btw isn't MY claim but the claim of the 5 rescue workers who were actually there..

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So you aren't claiming this to be a "paranormal event" then? Interesting... then why are you debating it as such?

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You said there is evidence against my claim. What evidence?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You're not though, you are inventing an explanation for their experience that is undefined and unscientific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.