Proof that the Christian god cannot exist

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Does one not ask ones children what they are doing even if one already knows the answer? We make rhetorical statements all the time, why can't God?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ellie Banned Banned

There is still free will though. To ask is to get their feelings and impressions on the matter. Omniscience would indicate knowing the outcome though.

Man (humans) being made in his image should have free will, as long as they can get along.

Jesus showed us how to live with the Sermon on the Mount.

Showed us how to die.

Showed us what comes after.

That is a Trinity.

Just like man, woman and child is a
    Trinity because without there is no life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Unsupported supposition.

If omniscience exists there cannot be free will.

And now you're just spouting more supposition...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ellie Banned Banned

Definitely not unsupported.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Then support it.
    With something more than unsubstantiated guesses.

9. Ellie Banned Banned

It is supported. Just look it up. You can say the same (unsupported) about anything then. The only thing really supported, that is directly impacted on humans, is life and death.

You can say "the sun throws light" (in layman's terms), now support why...why does the sun throw light? And that is what you know...that is what you call light. Someone somewhere else may not call it "light".

If you made that statement to them they will say it is "unsupported".

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And again you fail to proved the claimed support.
    Look what up, where?

Blah blah. Inane drivel.

YOU have made claims. Please support them.

11. Ellie Banned Banned

Look what up where? Wat i said, on the internet.

You really dont know the difference between agreeing with something and supporting something...sheesh.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

In other words you're simply spouting rubbish. Again.

Agreeing?
    You made specific claims:
    Neither of which you have supported.

13. Ellie Banned Banned

I did not spout rubbish.

Tell you right now, the way you think we would have never advanced as a civilization. You lack vision.

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Dude, you are faultfinder, the bible specifically says your are cursed, and not to listen to your fancy words.

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him." These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yet you can't support your claims.
    And, for reference, you do, and have, spouted rubbish. Such as your repeated claim that there is as much evidence for Jesus' existence as there is for evolution.

False.
    As evidenced by the fact some of my work is in use everyday in numerous countries round the world.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

The bible is contradictory (as are you: you persist in referencing it while at the same stating it's bullshit).

Yeah, blah blah blah. Again.

17. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@NM --

Yes, I have read the bible the whole way through, multiple times, using multiple translations. And the story I cited is so well known that I didn't think that verse and chapter were really necessary. Everyone in the US(and virtually everyone elsewhere as well) knows the story of Adam and Eve, why should the verse it happened in make any damn difference?

This is an example of you moving the goalposts.

Not when the text explicitly disagrees with it no. If you can cite something from the bible that supports the whole omniscience thing then by all means do it, but you know as well as I do that there is no such verse in the bible.

@Knowledge --

Actually that's exactly what it means. If the outcome is already known then that, by definition, means that the outcome will proceed that way.

No, you're getting progressively less and less coherent. Your posts keep making less and less sense.

@Chiller --

Because there's no reason to think that it is and because the abrahamic religions really like postulating free will.

@Ellie --

This isn't supported by any sort of evidence, in fact the latest discoveries from neurology indicate otherwise. We've discovered that movement decisions, such as whether or not to move your arm, are made about half a second before you become aware of the decision. In fact by the time you become aware of any such decision the movement is already underway.

Well, if man is made in the image of god(though I think that it's most likely the other way around) and god has free will then god isn't omniscient. QED.

This is what you believe, but it's far from a demonstrable fact. Sure, the Sermon on the Mount had some good shit in it, that much is true, but Jesus didn't just preach good shit, he came up with some downright evil ideas too. Such as the idea of eternal torture, which first showed up in the NT.

As for "what comes after", you first need to show that there is an after to speak of. Until you do that this is nothing but deep fried bullshit and chips.

This just shows that you don't know anything about biology. Ever heard of parthenogenesis? Did you know that there are entire species which survive by parthenogenesis? Did you know that sexual intercourse didn't develop until very late in the evolutionary game?

In fact, to say what you did involves either deliberately ignoring all of this or being ignorant of all of this. Either way...

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

@Dwydyr You have been judged, you failed. Will you change your ways?

19. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Knowledge --

Preaching.

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

By you? SFW?

Only in getting you, and Ellie, to provide support.

Why should I? If god exists then I'm exactly as god wants me to be. By your own argument.

21. Ellie Banned Banned

One asks for support and the other calls it preaching.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Still can't back up your claims?
    Evasion helping with that?

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Thing is, could not one sum up the entire argument and seal it with an even simpler one- we are beyond God? How can we know that which is eternal and all knowing, yet wishes for us to love Him willingly as opposed to simply making us love Him.

What do we know of His plan that we think ourselves able to judge Him? Have we not proven time and again how petty and limited our vision is (powered flight, space flight, other life, et al)

Just food for thought.