Proposal for creation of Sciforums Volunteerism Hour?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Dennis Tate, Mar 29, 2021.

?

Could a Sciforums Volunteerism Hour be useful to Sciforums?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe???????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

The Worgl, Austria local money experiment conducted during the Great Depression that was applied in over a thousand communities in the USA during the time of FDR could in theory set up Sciforums to magnify your influence over world events to a truly unusual and perhaps rather shocking level?

One of the possible risks that must be factored into the formula is that Alternative Currency Units are taxable...... so.... the payment of income tax on them must be factored into the full formula.

http://www.whatcomwatch.org/php/WW_open.php?id=717

geordief likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

This article fills in a few details on how this might potentially work......

https://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/local_currency/index.htm?iid=F_Jump

Local currencies: 'In the U.S. we don't trust'
    By Blake Ellis@CNNMoneyJanuary 27, 2012: 11:13 AM ET

The Ithaca Hour is one of the most famous alternative currencies in the USA....
    Calgary Dollars is one of the most successful alternative currencies here in Canada.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Could this currency buy me a "Get out of Banned Free" card?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

That is a brilliant opening gambit to all of this!!!!!!!

8. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Although the fact that a Sciforums Volunteerism Hour or Dollar would need to be tied in value to the USA dollar.....
    ... (my suggestion would be one hour = the highest minimum wage in America but.........
    the supply of Sciforums Volunteerism Hours hours, should in my opinion probably be kept quite low..... partly in order to decrease the amount of income tax payable that they might generate)?!

https://money.cnn.com/2012/01/17/pf/local_currency/index.htm?iid=F_Jump

9. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

oops..duplicate......

at least I can leave you with:

https://calgarydollars.ca/faq/

I guess this explanation for Calgary Dollars would hint that using a Sciforum Volunteerism Hour or Dollar only for Sciforums... would be logical.

and

and....

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Can you tell me if it is probably kosher for me to give a link to another discussion.......
    (within this discussion) ....
    that I feel is directly related to my long term goals for this proposal to all the administrators and poster on sciforums?

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/what-do-scientists-and-theists-have-in-common.164222/
    "What do scientists and Theists have in common?

11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Mr. Bill Gate's favourite card game was Hearts... at the time that he
    developed most of his Microsoft operating systems.........

I could present a challenge to all moderators and all posters on Sciforums and sell you "Non-exclusive rights to a concept for a series of reality plus semi-reality science fiction film projects for one dollar Canadian"..... that I believe could so grab his attention that he perhaps donates a million dollars to website hosting for Sciforums .... or for back up financing for the proposed "Sciforums Volunteerism Hour" and / or "Sciforums Volunteerism Dollar"......... that would be connected to a variation of the game of Hearts that my ex wife and I and our friends developed....... before my second separation and divorce!

We could find a fairly serious issue that tends to divide most Sciforums posters......
    and one group could go with the "Sciforums Volunteerism Hour" whereas those who lean to the other side of the question could back up the "Sciforums Volunteerism Dollar???"

I am using the word "non-exclusive" because this idea might accomplish essentially NOTHING here on Sciforums ... .but be adopted by some other group or groups for a somewhat different set of reasons / motivations?????

12. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

In theory.... this proposed alternative currency unit could be used to pay off the national debts of the USA, Canada, Israel, Australia, New Zealand and The Netherlands......... but I admit that this is a long shot and will not be easy.

One way would be for it to be used to begin to raise financing for some private sector variation on:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/wo...-ubi-be-dangerous-for-the-environment.164158/
    "Would an intelligently financed UBI be dangerous for the environment?"

Any serious plan to finance a UBI could alter the way that science is financed!

Scientists of the year 2029.... could be appealing to ordinary red necks like myself, (Deplorables), as opposed to having to appeal to government bureaucrats...... if and when a truly significant UBI is put into motion.

13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I am not opposed to paying a stipend to volunteers, but IMO, all of this moderation of intolerable behavior can be avoided by adhering to this list of on-line etiquette.

The principles are represented by the acronym WINGS.

Braver Angels members are expected to wear their WINGS whenever they engage in online conversation. Failure to observer these principles may result in removal from the group (at the sole discretion of the moderator).
    Enough said.

Perhaps we may all consider this approach. It sounds positive to me.........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dennis Tate likes this.
  14. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I could be wrong.....
    I often am... but many who have made it to the top of nearly any branch of science may tend to
    lose some of the sense of humour that they had as children and teenagers..........

...... I am possibly more of an aspiring volunteer comedy writer than much of anything else........
    and some of you may begin to smile as you smell the wood burning and get hints of what I am probably
    attempting to set up over here.......... in this discussion that I believe could lead to something that a Sciforums Volunteerism Hour could
    be linked to... .that could cause a discussion of Sciforums to go viral..... and propel some of the posters here up against the metaphorical
    "Goliath of Fame." Fame is a two edged sword.... and can turn into infamy so easily?!

This is over in the SciFi and Fantasy forum which seemed like an appropriate place for this......

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/no...om-2001-in-quito-ecuador.164266/#post-3672333

When I used the phrase "Unified Field Theory of Modern World Problems" over in another discussion..... I was not merely being pedantic.... (but yes.... that is an issue with me)........( which is a tendency made even more annoying by my being merely a janitor who reads a lot)......... yes... I plead guilty........ I am terribly argumentative and I think that I could drive a significant percentage of 'scientists" so far around the bend that if the discussion was in person...... they might be tempted in the direction of mayhem or even murder...... (my first two ex -wives both attempted to strangle and strangle and strangle me but a certain amount of power is required to be able to effectively strangle somebody who worked at forestry for a couple of decades)??! ...... (Amazingly enough to me is the fact that my third wife...... has never attempted to kill me yet..... not even once..... which to my thinking adds significant value to Jesus having somehow told her twenty one years ago that I was going to be her husband????)?!

15. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

It is a rather serious thing for an aspiring Canadian politician to write a message to the forty fifth President of the USA. I could NOT actually post the following message due to my not having a USA address but I did forward this on to several of my American friends one of whom will surely forward my message including their comments on how long they knew me for.

My all time record for being kicked out of Christian churches is two back in 1991 and I have to admit.... .if my
    point of view is so opposed to the prevailing attitude on Sciforums .com then you may well as well ban me now and get it over with.......
    because it is possible to build up some pretty good friendships on these discussion forums so it can be better for all concerned if
    my time here is ended previous to some of us becoming somewhat attached.

In your opinion.....
    what is incorrect about the following message that I could not actually send off to 45office .com?

www.45office.com/

https://www.45office.com/info/share-your-thoughts

Dennis Tate
    Central - Nova, N. S., B0J3C0, Canada
    April 20, 2021

Mr. Donald J. Trump 45th President of the United States of America:

Re: Proposal for the Creation of a "Donald J. Trump Volunteerism Hour" and / or "Donald J. Trump Volunteerism Dollar."

Dear Mr. President:

I myself attempt to do one thousand hours annually as a volunteer writer all over the internet troubleshooting serious problems. I taught English as a Second Language in Quito, Ecuador in 2001 and 2002 and some of what I write has my former students at La Escula del Futuro and Universidad Technologica de Israel de Quito in mind as I write but YOU SIR ARE IN MY OPINION THE NUMBER ONE VOLUNTEER ON THIS EARTH at this critical time in history!!!!!!!!!

Last Saturday my wife had me listening to Prophet Robin Bullock and he predicted NEW MONEY because the old money had "cobwebs on it!"

Dr. Cindy Jacobs predicted that the time was coming when the USA dollar and the Canadian dollar would go to par value.

.... "The Constitution prohibits individual states from printing and issuing paper money as legal tender, but they are allowed to use coins as currency, said Gatch. Individual communities, however, are able to create their own currencies -- including paper notes. Anyone can do it -- as long as the money is easily distinguishable from U.S. dollars and values are tied to the U.S. dollar so that income remains taxable." (Blake Ellis, CNN Money, Local Currencies in the USA We Don't Trust, January 27, 2012).

Dr. Kevin Zadai, Prayer Secrets Level 1, Warrior Notes School of Ministry, lesson 4 :
    ... "Jesus said that this unbelieving world is not going to accept you, but He said, “Do not fear, for I have overcome the world.” What is it that is bothering you today? You might not think that you have access to the Father, but it has been provided to you. You might think that you cannot just go to the Father and ask Him for something. The first thing you should ask the Father is to open your eyes. Your relationship with God is going to drive out fear. You have to grasp that God is not limiting you. He has never limited you. The Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost and took the ceiling off. You can go as high and as far as you want.

If you would believe, God would give you the ability to completely pay off our national debt. God has a way of paying off our debt in our country. There is a way to do it. God knows that secret. But instead of focusing on our country, what about focusing on your bills? What does the Holy Spirit want to tell you by pulling back a veil that will cause you to be debt-free within the year? That will happen if you believe. The Holy Spirit has so much more for you, but you have limited Him. Because you have limited Him, He can’t speak to you. Because of that, people that are prophetic can’t come to you and confirm what God has said because you won’t hear it.

You can trust God. Relationships that you are having trouble with can be resolved tomorrow morning. If you accept what God is saying, the Spirit of God will enforce a blessing in your life to the point where you will see your family members and friends start to respond. " (Dr. Kevin Zadai, Prayer Secrets Level 1, Warrior Notes School of Ministry, lesson 4 )

This message will be going out to dozens of your support groups all over the internet soon and it is important to know that I believe that this must be accomplished from the nation of Israel for many reasons. More information on this can be found at:

"After the Abraham Peace Accord turn deserts green..."
    on politicalforum .com by DennisTate.

God bless you and keep you Sir!

Shalom from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Dennis Tate

p. s. Other than for the aspects of this that will be done from the nation of Israel much of this can be accomplished from the two cities of Edmonton and Calgary Alberta..... and Red Deer, Alberta that is pretty much in the middle between these two cities. Sir.... please consider you and Mr. Michael J. Lindell producing a semi-reality science fiction film series set in the time of Premier Bible Bill Aberhart?

16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Not sure if something like this would work involving sci forums (or any forum) on a grander scale because it sounds like it would have the potential of breaching members’ anonymity and privacy, no?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  17. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

That is an excellent point......
    I believe that it is impossible to set in motion a new branch of time......
    .... "Applied Multiverse Theory" set for example in 2015, April 20.....
    that could save the lives of a million people or more in this new time line......
    without risking our own lives........

and back in 2004 after I did my first campaign for public office I began to go online as DennisTate or Dennis Tate because
    I felt that I should toss the wonderful option of anonymity to the wind and risk so pissing somebody off that they
    decide to put me in an early grave.

Back in 2003 on ezboard .com I was tate4242
    based on my yahoo .com e-mail but I soon went all out and
    invited full fledged hatred if somebody were to disagree with my opinions vehemently.

On the plus side life in the backwoods of Nova Scotia is pretty calm and peaceful and whoever would risk landing at Stanfield International Airport and then rent a car and come down to where I life to shoot me.....
    would likely end up being caught and would spend some time in jail and get a criminal record and likely be unable to go to an airport again after shooting me!

(Does that sound a little "paranoid" to you?????)

18. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Here is me attempting to explain how this general concept could in theory set in motion a series of events that could lead to Canada, the USA, Israel and Australia having a balanced budget rather quickly and soon begin to pay down their national debts with amazing rapidity.

But..... as in everything that I write... this is flawed... due to my ignorance of relevant and important variables that would need to be well known before this could actually be pulled off?????

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

The government can start a "GoFundMe" site.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  20. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

An online buddy of mine named Sigmund Ivarsson asked me one time to send him a bit coin......
    I checked out the price of a bit coin and it was around eight hundred dollars back then.....
    Sigmund has gone on to the hereafter again but I am really glad that I read his Petra Project proposal.....

... I thought that it was kind of brilliant.....

it was a nine meter wide tunnel from somewhere near Tel Aviv going down and down and down about a thousand feet or more to take sea water to the Jordan River Valley so that the water could be desalinated there and what is left over from the desalination process could flow into the Dead Sea and help to restore its levels to normal ....... Sigmund wanted there to be seven hydroelectric generation facilities on the project... and for it to branch somewhat like a menorah.......

21. Bells Staff Member

You've pushed the same message about the desalination plants in Israel and the menorah underground tunnels in multiple threads.

Enough already. And it's not even on topic.

It's spamming. As is multiple posts responding to the exact same sentence.. 5 posts responding to the exact same sentence. At least one response was an off topic plug for another of your threads.

No.

What does any of this have to do with this thread?

Yes.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  22. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The problem I am having and so too would all those churches you got kicked out of, is I fail to see how you connect voluntarism to virtual currency.
    What has bit coin got to do with voluntarism?
    Your letter to Trump is (for example)...uhm... dissassociative (?)
    Please explain?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  23. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

One possible variation on this would be twenty or fifty or more concerned citizens in an area who would like to
    form a film production cooperative and they volunteer their time to create footage and put the first segments out on
    youtube for free...... which could build momentum for their project.......

.. then over time they draw more and more people into being interested in what they are doing which could lead to
    their films becoming economically viable......
    which could be used to further some variation of research and define it as "art?"

For example..... a lot of people might be interested in volunteering to take Vitamin D to see if their group has a greater
    immunity to COVID 19 over the next three years?

That is just one possible concept that volunteerism by a group of people could greatly increase their effectiveness
    to reach a larger audience.... and actually find out useful information under our circumstances.