Proton and neutron can be interchanged?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Saint, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

What process can change a proton to a neutron, and vise versa?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Isolated neutrons naturally decay into a proton and electron, with a half-life of ~15 min.
    A proton can decay into a neutron by emitting a positron ( known as beta+ decay), but this only occurs within the nuclei of certain isotopes of some elements. ( those scenarios where the nucleus is more stable with one less proton and one more neutron.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tomtushey Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Szplug!

8. tomtushey Registered Member

Én úgy tudom, hogy a proton 1.5 MeW értékkel nagyobb tömegű, mint a proton. Ezért úgy gondolom, hogy a természetes átalakulási folyamat a neutron felbomlása protonná. A másik irányú folyamathoz energiabefektetés szükséges, amit megkaphat például a nap belsejében: p + p -> n - p (deuteron). Én egyébként a proton és a neutron belső szerkezetét próbáltam feltárni és ábra egy másik hozzászólásomban tegnap közzétettem (to exchemist).

https://www.aether-tom.com/articles/the-internal-structure-of-protons-and-neutrons

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Helló tomtushey,

Talán észrevetted, hogy a sciforums tartalmának nagy része angol nyelven van. Hasznos lenne, ha a közzététel előtt le tudná futtatni a magyar nyelvet a Google Translate-en keresztül, mivel a legtöbb olvasó itt nem beszél vagy olvas magyarul (beleértve engem is). Kösz

10. tomtushey Registered Member

I understand that the proton is 1.5 MeW more massive than the proton. Therefore, I believe that the natural transformation process is the decay of the neutron into the proton. The process in the other direction requires an energy input, which you can get for example inside the sun: p + p -> n - p (deuteron). By the way, I tried to reveal the internal structure of proton and neutron and published a figure in another post yesterday (to exchemist).
    Sorry for the Hungarian text!

https://www.aether-tom.com/articles/the-internal-structure-of-protons-and-neutrons

11. tomtushey Registered Member

Sorry for the English text, I was a bit hasty in replying.