Prove that I am not God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Capracus, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

I saw nothing within his statement/claim to suggest one way or the other.
    I could not dismiss it simply on the basis of that statement/claim, and certainly not on the basis that "one would hope an omnimax personalty would be capable of holding their own on an online discussion forum", as previously explained.

But it is good to see that you're finally beginning to drop the irrelevancies and actually discuss the matter at hand.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Brown-coloured glasses don't make, "all dogs are brown," true. They should definitely be eliminated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Actually they do.
    Once again, context is at least 50% of the discussion.
    Neglect it at your peril.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

No they don't. It's an error in your perception.

8. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

And that, my friend, is context.

9. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

You mean to say there was, iyho, a 50% chance God is actually present on sciforums, operating under the handle of Capracus?

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You have it backwards. It's about removing extraneous context. Remove the coloured glasses and you'll see the true colours. Remove the connection to somebody else's posts and you'll see the true stupidity of what you're saying.

11. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

So what is it?
    Context is extraneous? Except when you are on the brink of being banned for endorsing paedophilia?
    In which case you are literally begging for it (begging to have your comments endorsed by an ulterior context, of course)

www.sciforums.com/threads/you-be-the-judge-sexual-assault.161205/page-21

12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

When you claim that all dogs are brown, yes, context is extraneous. If you claim that 2 + 2 = 5, context is extraneous. You're wrong. No amount of context can turn black into white. And no amount of blather can turn nonsense into sense.

Write4U likes this.
  13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I would add that wearing brown colored glasses does not make all dogs brown. The act of you wearing the glasses does not change the color of the dog. It makes everything appear brown.
    It alters your perception of colors, because, you are filtering the light.

Perception is not the same as perspective, which applies to equations. Wearing glasses and color of dogs does not equate.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

This typical oA theist's post here:
    illuminates this:
    The context of all of Musika's posts is the record left by the previous ones.

16. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

???
    Do you honestly think that if a statement can not be shown to be true or false that its veracity is therefore considered to be 50%?

17. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If a statement being either true or false is the sole reason one is giving for accepting it as il/legitimate, why would one consider the matter otherwise?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  18. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

This says nothing about why you were desperately appealing to context when you were facing allegations of paedophilia in the before mentioned thread.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/you-be-the-judge-sexual-assault.161205/page-21

If you want to advocate that there is no need to examine what posts a comment is made in relation to, the simple methid is showing how you display compliance to this notion.
    Since it's obvious you haven't, can't and won't abide by such nonsense, the real question here is why are you being hypocritical?

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Beyond the standard bs "if"/pivot,
    notice the language - that particular weird fog of not-quite-the-right-word meaninglessness.
    It's a field mark.
    It's the strangest damn thing - none of these guys make sense when they post, and the more carefully one reads them the less sense they make.
    They've normalized innuendo via gibberish.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  20. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

So if I tell you that when you think of one number out of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 that I will guess correctly which it is, but offer no proof one way or the other, you think that it is 50/50 that my claim is correct???
    After all, it can be only true or false.
    If you, for some reason, don't think it is 50/50, then ask yourself why not.

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

There are 1 to 10 different ways to interpret the claim "I am an omnimax God?"
    Or "I am the president of the USA?"

22. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

23. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Its an abbreviated form referring to the 3 omni's : omni- (-scient/-potent/-present). "Max", in the sense that drawing on all these three things to the fullest extent spells out a completely independent and all-powerful entity.