PS3 or Wii?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by VitalOne, Sep 7, 2006.

?

PS3 or Wii?

1. PS3

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Wii

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this is the best argument i have heard so far.

nunchuku controller...heh.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's not Nintendo's fault that so many people out there are pretty much retarded!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How hard is it, really? Ever played Bach in a piano? Now THAT is hard...

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised with Wii actually raises people's IQ. In contrast with PS3 or, worse, XBox...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Because they learn how to push the buttons on a remote control very fast?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The best place to play NES games is Console Classix. You have to create a username and password. Then you download and install the client. When you run the client, you signe on with your username and password, and play all the NES games you want for free.

They don't have every game, but they sure have a hell of alot:
    Zelda
    Zelda 2
    Ice Climber
    Bionic Commando
    Contra
    Final Fantasy
    A crap load of Megaman games
    Marble Madness
    Spy Vs Spy
    Metroid
    Dragon Slayer
    Etc.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Sony can go die in a hole. They are no longer innovators.

That said, unless Ninendo comes out with some truly amazing games, I shall stick with the PC.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. When your hands are doing two completely different things, it enhances the way your brain functions, particularly motor skills and exchange of information between the two hemispheres (which is essential for proficiency in most subjects, particularly math and language)...

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You could say the exact same thing about first-person shooters on the PC. Yes, it enchances visual processing and such.. but it also dulls the others parts of the brain that aren't used.

11. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1260682614931640265&q=ps3 demo
    Here is a demonstration of the physics that the PS3 will be using.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8025980825115926132&q=ps3 demo
    This one really caught my eye. A gas station being blown up. All done in real time. Incredibly realistic, and in fact, scary if games will actually be this real looking. I mean, back a while ago graphics made games real looking, but now it's all physics and environment interactivity.

The engine actually simulates the gas particles expanding to result in a realistic looking explosion. In real time. That is simply fucking insane.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5979131578038806649&q=ps3 demo

And here is a demo for a game called Heavy Rain. Like the others, the demo is run in real time. It's a video of a game character -- kind of shows off the detail of the modeling and the ability to capture emotion in characters. It's almost impossible to believe the woman is made from polygons.

We sure have come a long way. I wonder what next.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

She looks like she is going to bite your cock right off when the opportunity would arise.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You clearly completely miss the point...

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

15. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i wasnt overly impressed, if ibuy one it will be to put on ebay that same day

16. Bachus Registered Senior Member

The graphics of the ps2, gamecube and xbox were good as it is, i don't care that much for even better graphics. Gameplay on the other hand will get a nice new dimension if nintendo (and 3rd parties) manages to really incorporate the sensor in their games. As for how difficult it is, in magazines here i read you quickly get the hang of it.

17. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Well, you're hard to impress then!

I, on the other hand, think it's really amazing, because now for the first time ever, we're developing consumer available chips that are fast enough to render and simulate environments that work like they do in the real world. Physics, interactivity, lighting. The ability to run simulations and renderings comparable to the real world have big implications. We've all heard of virtual reality since the 80's, but after seeing what the Cell processor can do, it makes me think true VR is only a little way away. And by VR, I don't mean, cartoon-looking characters representing people. I'm talking about REAL looking people being simulated in a digital world. The implications of that are huge.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6718009720752146055&q=ps3
    Killzone for PS3.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4194111054003841639&q=ps3
    Cool news thing in Japanese about the Cell processor. Demonstates its ability to track movement and apply rendering accordingly in real time.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  18. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

The second video is unavailable.

20. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

really? works on my computor

21. VitalOne Banned Banned

Maybe Nintendo can make a big come back with Wii and actually return to being in the console wars

But we'll see when Wii and PS3 finally drop

22. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

Good 'ol nintendo. They were doomed to lose the the processing power wars when it was against two computing companies. Nice way to sort of become the independent fighter. I could care less about graphics, glad to see I'm not the only one.

23. Bachus Registered Senior Member

Well i still think nintendo will not become the big player again, they will however sell many consoles to people who want to see what happens with the gameplay.

They might become big though if the controller is really incorporated well into games (meaning ps4 and xbox720 will also get the same sort of controller thus nintendo has to think of yet another new feature). Really hope it works out for them as nintendo always made good quality games and i would'nt like to see nintendo going the sega way.