Pseudoscience Moderator Voting - Second Try

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by goofyfish, May 6, 2004.

?

Who Should Moderate Pseudoscience?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Dr Lou Natic

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Stryderunknown

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Persol

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. sargentlard

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. SkinWalker

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Votorx

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. None Of The Above

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Naw, im not surprised, if skinwalker is also made moderator. It's already been pre-selected, now even if he loses, he wins too. I think you must think people are stupid.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

That's totally absurd. The nominee is free to throw his support behind someone else, but that in no way binds the voter to do so.

...so what the fuck is the solution, crazymikey? Democracy doesn't do it for you, apparently. Neither does dictatorship, as you've been whining about that. It sounds like the only outcome that you would accept the one that you want. In humans, that kind of behavior is exhibited by infants and morons. So what is it you want, crazymikey? Shall I warm up some milk for you to suckle on? Or can you find your way back to your own mother's teat?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

How if he loses does he win??? I don't see anyone argeeing on second moderatorship?

Porfiry,

Do the dictator thing and have crasymikey killed in a firing squad. We have had to deal with him for a long time and we let him go on and on demonstrating that we had patients and moral value, but lets let this one conspiracy of his come true and ban his ass, maybe that way in his little mind he will think he is right and never come back here.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

No, I want worthy candidates for election:

Stryderunknown
    Sargentlard
    Lemming3k
    Vrob
    2inquisitive

I don't want people to be nominated, who are the actual trouble makers in the forum. Which is everyone on that list, except for Dr Lou Nactic and some of the aforementioned. That is hardly an irrational demand.

WCF: you have paitents and moral value? Only kidding

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Let's see this paitents and moral value:

See what making Skinwalker a moderator means? He's just going to gang up along others who share his beliefs, and abuse his powers and image, to put others down, or delete and edit their posts. Heck, he's already made it clear, he would delete or close threads like "Proof for ETI"

You don't need to ban me. If Skinwalker is made moderator here, I will leave by myself

Last edited: May 8, 2004
  8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's totally absurd. The nominee is free to throw his support behind someone else, but that in no way binds the voter to do so.

This is true for a general election but not when a member of a party is seeking leadership of that party.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

crazymike

lets looks at that:
    and now I was being sarcastic

Xev is a bitch and a bad philosopher but she does not abuse her power, what makes you think Skinwalker will?

Everyone must vote for him now! but if he does not win we get to all you crasymike a paranoid lunatic for thinking there was a conspiracy for his victory!

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

We get to call crasymike a paranoid lunatic anyway.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

yes but after this Stryderunknown will allow it and we can all call him it without fear of deletion or editing, deal?

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Thank you for the endorsement, crazymikey, but if I do win, please don't leave. Whether you believe it or not, I doubt I would have actually closed your "proof of ETI" thread. I definately would have merged the two together, but not closed them. In fact, I would have pruned the off-topic posts and those from Exploding Nequium, either by deletion if they were of no content or by splitting the thread.

If I do get elected to moderator, one of the things I would do (unless Porfiry says no) is re-open the "Proof for ETI" threads and merge them together. The only time I would close a thread is if a flame war becomes uncontrollable or the topic is obvious bait or insult or if the original poster PMs to request it. In the case of the latter, I would consider creating a new topic by splitting off one or more posts of other members if they seemed interested in continuing the discussion.

In short, my primary agenda would be to foster intelligent discussion without ad hominem comments, flames, insults, and undo riducule. I would not close threads simply because I disagree with the content, nor would I delete them.

As I said... If anyone wants to see my track record of moderation over the past year, PM me and I'll give you a link to another board where I moderate. You can look at some of the more controversial topics, large topics, and topics created by me to get a sense of what I would do here.

13. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

LOL, Skinwalker, nice election campaign. You know promises for this and that, and the sudden golden halo that's appeared around your head

It's really funny, I mean just like a few days ago, you were calling for closure and deletion for ETI topics, or topics that do not conform with the "scientific" method", and ever since this poll, everything has changed LOL

People are not idiots, they can see through such transparency.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

hmmm mikey gave me a thought...
    maybe there is a secret shadow Sciforums government

15. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

SkinWalker is now officially endorsed by the administration.

16. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Not where I come from. In my country, a new vote would be called with only the remaining candidates.

17. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

This is true in the US as well. It just happens that most voters throw their votes behind whoever their first choice picks.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Porfiry,

You don't mind if I quote this?

19. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

The hillarious thing though is that crazymikey is complaining about sciforums being out to get him, the vote being riggerd, etc... Yet he doesn't seem to realize that Porfiry owns this place, and can ban him any time he wants and delete all proof of his existaqnce from this forum. The fact that he hasn't makes the complaints just fall on their face. I am also fairly certain that he hasn't taken skinny up on his offer of looking at his mod jobs, and is just going to keep complaining.

So Porf, can you demonstrate your dictatorial power? Pretty please? Nobody will miss crazymikey, in fact, we've forgotten about him already.

20. VRob Registered Senior Member

Speak for yourself.

21. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I hope you realize Persol, that I am posting at multiple forums, some of them are actual intelligent communties, and more importantly, a lot of them are skeptics. If I'm banned from here, I won't lose anything, it will ony just confirm everything I've said. In fact, so many of you troublemakers, are confirming what I'm saying, divine(admin) intervention, would only drive the point home and proves, it's not just a few trolls, but the instituion itself. Already, a few people are discussing with me by e-mail, and saying they would leave. I, however, have said, if I'm banned, I want them to stay, just to rub it in your face - next time you say to someone "No evidence" they'll just tell them how I wiped the floor with you, so much so, you had to pray for divine intervention

On top of that, as soon as the truth is out, that I've quite clearly outlined on this forum , you'll feel like complete idiots for doubting me, and lose again(double defeat) I hope, for the benefit of your loved ones, that nothing happens to you. I cannot wish what is about to happen on anyone; even if it's you.

You see, not all of us humans are as primitive as you. It's a win-win situation for me, to be honest

22. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Like I said... ah.... it's too easy...

23. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Sure. You wiped the floor with us so much that you wouldn't answer any of our questions, and the ones you did answer were demonstrated as incorrect. You constantly make statements like "I cannot wish what is about to happen on anyone; even if it's you" which are just innane. You might as well just get a piece of cardboard, write "the sky is falling" and stand in Times Square.

That shit doesn't belong here unless you actually intend to backup your view... which you have yet to do about the secret government, ETI visiting us, alll recent technology being from ET, sciforums trying to hide 'the truth', and you having a brain.

You have yet to demonstrate a single one of these things, yet call us idiots for dubting you... uh huh. I really don't see how any of us lose by your banning. There are plenty of ignorant people which you can go and play elsewhere. Kooks thinking that this place is run by 'them' could only have a possitive influence on the content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.