Psipog

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Vladimir, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grover Registered Senior Member

No, not when you're talking about quantum particles. It's not yes/no, black/white - they are regarded as potentialities. Are you ignorant on this point or lying?

Seriously, your "argumentation" on this issue is horrible. You provide links that go against your point. Your use of logic is non-existent. You state things that are just flat out wrong such as your above statement. You're whole defense comes down to a fundamentalist position of "just knowing." You seriously need to take a look at why this issue threatens you so much that you have to build of a defensive wall of irrationality that prevents you from taking an objective look. In all honesty, I strongly suspect that the assumption that you have had no experiences that could be interpreted as paranormal is incorrect and that you have in fact had some experiences that threatened your sense of reality.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Everything you see is a collection of quantum particles. Does your computer NOT have a definitive existence? What about your nose? Your insistance on bringing the claim of fantastic human abilities into a gradient of 'potentiality' is an attempt to protect 'psi' from its very clear non-existence.

Read my mind, raise my hand, and tell me what I am going to eat for breakfast tomorrow. These are the things 'psi' folks claim they can 'do', yet the best you can offer is an untrustworthy data collection process whose results are statistically significant with a MASSIVE failing hit rate. Naturally, none of the participants ever know if they've hit or missed. I showed a replication attempt that yielded 28.x percent (that is a failure to replicate), yet that data point doesn't exist for you because the experimenter's conclusions support yours. What's worse is that a correlation was found in the replication attempt with emotionally similar people and your response was that is proof of telepathy. You magically know that the correlation is the result of people transmitting information between their brains without the use of known senses. Correlation does not demonstate causality.

I don't fear human fantasy. Every attempt you make to attack me, judge me, discredit me, etc. is an attempt to divert attention from one simple truth... human claims of 'psi' are false. My 'positive' claim that 'psi' is delusion is very well supported. Your 'positive' claim that 'psi' exists is not. The absolute best you have is a correlation with emotionally simlar people from a failed autoganzfeld replication experiment... and the rest is all delusion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Isn't the hypothesis of 'psi' the hypothesis that 'psi' exists?

I've ackonwledged the emotionally similar correlation many times AND the overall results did not replicate the auto-ganzfeld results. If the authors consider it a 'partial duplication' then that is their opinion but the overall results of an experiment must be reproducible and they were not.

It's interesting that you mix-up sub-topics, forget what you say, and invent things which others are supposedly trying to do. I've seen these behaviors in some of the nuttier theists that have visited the Religion sub-forum. The difference is that they usually come in like that, whereas your behaviors seem to progress over time. I wonder if this progression will eventually leave you in an extreme nutjob state of no return. These comments are not meant to insult you, they are observations that I wanted to share and you may or may not see them / agree with them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. grover Registered Senior Member

You acknowledge that two people in different rooms can know what the other one is thinking. What exaclty does that show if not psi? If it is some other phenomenon it is every bit as weird as psi so I don't see what your point is in saying it isn't psi.
    ANyone can verify for themeselves that it is you that has mixed up subtopics. Anyone can verify for themselves that the study underquestion in this subtopic is your post #112 (here is your link:http://www-stat.ucdavis.edu/~utts/91rmp.html) and verify for themselves that the link pertaining to demons, werewolves, ghosts is post #48 in the "science in parascychology" thread(http://paranormal.about.com/library/.../aa093002a.htm). So it is clearly you that has mixed-up subtopics.
    No, I just provided proof that it is actually you that is exhibiting these behaviors.
    Seeing as it is clearly you that has exhibited these behaviors maybe you should worry about your own mental health.
    Observe yourself. You have problems with hypocrisy, denial, selective memory, self-awareness, honesty, logical coherence, and accepting life's uncertainties.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

BS CC and you know it.

Now. Heilo. Please define your stance on telepathy, so that way I can understand from what perspective you believe something of it to be true....

9. brainfart Registered Member

grover I love you for putting Crunchy Cat in his place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.