Punishing women for false accusation of rape

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by paddoboy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

In this day and age where we are being accustomed to recognising woman's equality in all forms, and women are forever being told, to not just turn the other cheek to inequalities that certainly probably still plague the workplace in many instances, but to report them. This has also seen women coming out against well known executives and such with accusations of sexual assaults and misconducts decades ago. In case any of my buddies would like to pidgeon hole me there, I also have no qualms against such decades old accusations, if proven to be true. The perpetrator deserves all he gets.
    This also obviously applies to priests and such and their sometimes reported fiddling around with Altar Boys. As a former Altar boy, no one fiddled with me.

But in recent times in Sydney we have had some really disturbing cases come to light.
    A women who was having car trouble accused a bloke who stopped to help of sexual misconduct. The bloke spent two weeks in max security prison, lost his job, and his wife has left him and is filing for divorce. The 19 year old who made the accusation has now been found to be lying and
    https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...ly-accused-him-of-indecent-assault/ar-AAAYhxW
    "On Monday, all charges against Mr Basic were dropped after the woman broke down when pressed by detectives in an interview and finally told the truth - that she'd been lying about the accusations".
    So, question, what punishment best suits this sad excuse for a women? And further, what must one think of his wife who so abruptly end their marriage against accusations that are now known to be false?

Case 2: Australian actor John Jarrett was found not guilty of rape of his young house mate 40 years ago. Luckily while he and his wife did separate for a time, they are now back together, but obviously some mud has stuck and his acting career is in tatters.
    What senetence is appropriate for this bit... now that he has been found not guilty.
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jul/05/actor-john-jarratt-found-not-guilty-of
    “No man should have to go through what I have gone through,” Jarratt told reporters outside court as he hugged his wife.

The former housemate, who can’t be named for legal reasons, went to police in late 2017.

She told the jury she didn’t report the alleged rape to authorities earlier because she feared she wouldn’t be believed".

Key points:

• John Jarratt was accused of raping a 19-year-old woman in a Sydney share house in 1976
      • The jury took 15 minutes to return a unanimous not guilty verdict
      • Mr Jarratt raised his arms in celebration and said "no man" should be put through what he has
    Yep, ethics, morality and Justice!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

• Please do not troll other members or trivialise sexual crimes against children.
    Are you upset that no one fiddled with you? Maybe you just weren't all that masculine as a young boy?

Is the point of your article that you identify more with the few males who were falsely accused than with the many women who experienced a society for so long where this was more prevalent?

In this country (US) that's similar to "White Lives Matter Too".

This isn't some of your best work. Maybe the elderly shouldn't be respected just because they are old?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I identify with no one sonny. My point is that in reasonably short time frame, two innocent men, have suffered at the hands of two conniving bitches. Is that too strong for you? One spent two weeks in max security and has lost his wife.
    My question is simple...What punishment should be dished out to such low life women?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not in the slightest. The point of the two articles is that two low life women have made false accusations against two men that have seen serious consequences.
    The society where women did at one time experience such sexual misconduct has been greatly addressed and in most cases is now non existent, just as it should be. So again, what about these two low life that made the false accusations? Perhaps a sentence that is equivalent to what the blokes would have received if they were guilty?For false accusations of rape, 1o years would suffice. And then of course the cost of damages etc that their lies have caused...Just as the many men found guilty has faced. You agree?

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I agree that there are currently civil suits that could be filed against them and there may be criminal actions available in your country.

I don't see anything new here. A wrong is a wrong.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The woman in question was charged with contempt of court, fabricating evidence and lying to police. She pleaded guilty in court to making a false and misleading statement, and is about to be sentenced for her crime. She has also written a letter of apology to the victim. She apparently is undergoing a psychological assessment.

But you already knew all that, didn't you?

Jarratt (note the spelling) is suing The Daily Telegraph for defamation.

The woman accuser is anonymous under current laws. Jarratt wants the law changed so that such accusers can be named in similar cases. The woman is reportedly "devastated" by the not-guilty verdict.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

He probably didn't. You didn't know that I was obviously pulling your legs with the cold fusion comment in the other thread.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

A court will decide, aided by a psychological evaluation and with the benefit of access to the woman's history and all the facts of the case. You don't get to decide.

Do you know her? Do you know what her marriage was like? Do you know her reasons for ending it? Who are you to presume things about her marriage?

The two cases are not directly comparable. I'm not sure how you know that Jarratt is "innocent". He was found not guilty of rape, but that's not the same thing. Were you there when he had sex with his accuser? Did you see what happened?

In one case, a court will decide. In the other case, what do you suggest should happen to her?

How do you know these women are "low life"? Do you know either of them? Who are you to judge?

Now non-existent, eh? Are you sure we've eliminated rape and sexual assault from society now?

You're saying that making an unproven allegation of rape should receive a sentence equivalent to what an actual rapist should get, are you? What's your problem with women?

Are you sure that 25 to life wouldn't be better?

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Think a good argument could be made for such

Perhaps it should be mandatory the accuser be made aware that, should they be found to be lying (note - found to be lying - not that the accused found not guilty) they will be subject to the sentence the accused would have received

And it would be the responsibility of the lawyer to give details of the sentence

Might help nip fake accusations at the start

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, so? It appears your little involvement with the paranoid one, has got you slightly miffed. I'm concerned with the circumstances of the bloke that she falsely accused and his predicament at this time, having lost his job and his marriage, due to this low life.

Ahh more dmoe type pedant I see! I think a good punsishment, as I already suggested, would be something equal to what Jarratt might have received if found guilty.

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Maybe they should cut off the hands of thieves? Sharia law?

15. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Sharia law perhaps?

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So the poor good samaritan is just written off as collateral damage in your mind James?

No I don't know her, but obviously being accused of assault by someone would not help in any marriage would it James.

Who said they were "directly" comparable? Are you adding words to try and stimulate some silly type of sympathy for either of the women? Or is it because of someone else?

What do you believe should have happened to Jarratt if he had been found guilty of rape 40 years ago?

No I don't know either, but they are just as much low life as the low life males that have conducted sexual assaults and such on helpless women in other cases. eg:
    Telling porky pies James? Or trying to impress? I said, "The society where women did at one time experience such sexual misconduct has been greatly addressed and in most cases is now non existent, just as it should be."and I was talking of the work place environment in general.

None...I've been married to the same one and only for 42 years now James. What's your problem with the collateral damage that these two blokes obviously are as far as you are concerned?

If that was the sentence for rape if the bloke accused had of been found guilty, yeah, sure, certainly needs considering.

That's what I am asking, or if you like suggesting.

ps: James, the suggestion that any accuser in cases as seriously as these are, if found to be lying, should face what the objects of their accusations would have got if found guilty, came from another woman...my Sister![/QUOTE]

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

ps: James, the suggestion that any accuser in cases as seriously as these are, if found to be lying, should face what the objects of their accusations would have got if found guilty, came from another woman...my Sister!

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Don't be such a fucking goose!

19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

What difference does it make if it's you or your sister who is mad at the moment? Vigilante justice isn't that popular these days, even if it was your sister's idea.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Before James or anyone else accuse me of having any problem with women, let me say that I am totally in favour of the efforts in all aspects of the media to focus and show the extent of women and violence on their person by men, in an effort to eliminate this undesirable crap. But I'm equally concerned with violence as portrayed by any male or female against each other or worse against children. I could also have mentioned at least two other incidents where the Mothers of a child have been arrested and convicted of child neglect or violence against that child. Both the cases I have in mind, also concerned the Fathers in such relationships and the violence on children. It's a shame to have to admit that such carryings on will never be eliminated totally.
    But I 'm sure and I hope that efforts to eliminate such animal behaviour must continue....Women equality in the workplace, has to a large extent been eliminated...not totally but great strides have been made.
    The low life women in the two cases I mentioned and the couple more with regards to child abuse have not done the women's cause any favours..the same way that Cardinal George Pell's conviction, has not done what credibility the Catholic church has left.
    For anyone in the cases raised to seemingly "roll over" with these two blokes and treat them as collateral damage is heartless and wrong in the extreme.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Telling lies again? Making unfounded allegations again?? Perhaps you may have felt different if you had lost your job and marriage because of some lying lowlife? You're the only fool suggesting vigilante justice.

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Calm down grandpa and just turn the TV off.

exchemist likes this.
  23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, it isn't. It exists, very definitely. It's common.