Purest H2O

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by lixluke, Jun 7, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I drink distilled water. That's about it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I have read somewhere about hyperhydration or something.. condition where you drink too much water... causing problems. I think the explosion of cells is one of them,.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think my cells have exploded becuase yesterday, I woke up feeling really lethargic. I decided to take it easy and sleep in. Same thing today. I slept all day, and woke up still feeling tired. I haven't done anything active. Just resting. My body feels really weak. I could drink some more water, but that might make my cells explode some more. Mayeb I should stop drinking water.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Maybe you're just oversleeping too long. It makes you feel groggy when you do that.

Du klingst fremd wie ein Außerirdischer. Kommst du in Frieden her?

8. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Cool Skill soll aufhören zu trinken und zu atmen. Wir wären alle besser dran. Er kommt Stücke herein, nicht Frieden.

9. Roman Banned Banned

It's been found (in AK, at least) that children in communities that drink rain water (essentially distilled water) had their teeth rot out quick. Not enough mineral content, namely flourine, to thicken their teeth. They add fluorine to the water now.

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Yes, drink alcohol and take 3 caffeine pills a day. I bet you will feel great in a week.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

That's because there is no toothpaste in AK. After they come home from hunting mustkrats, they eat it, and use the bones to pick their teeth. That is, of course, after the wash it down with their favorite brand of acid rain.

I've been drinking distilled for years, and my teeth have not rotted. Of course, I do try to brush them every now and then using whitening tatar control gingivitis fighting cavity filling toothpaste with baking soda gel.

Good idea!

12. Roman Banned Banned

Ah yes, the best data set of the best type of evidence– anecdotal you.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Perhaps a counter-example worth studying? Any bids on cool skill? All bids welcome!

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's just basic knowledge. Not a new theory. Plain fact.

15. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Seriously, cool, why are you drinking distilled water in the first place?

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Because it is the purest form of water I can find available. I get it by the gallon from Wal-Mart. Distilled water, bottled using the flimsiest toxicest plastic money can buy.

17. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Why are you going out of your way to find pure water? That's the bit I'd like to understand.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Naturally, the purer the water, the less garbage in it.
    Of course, ideally, the purest is 100% H2O.
    Otherwise, I just try to find the purest water I can get.

If I buy fruits or vegetable, I try to get the cleanest least rotten one I can find.
    With water, then, I try to get the cleanest purest I can find.
    The reason is not that complicated.

19. Roman Banned Banned

It happens to tourists in places like the Grand Canyon where they drink tons of water to stay hydrated, but the water washes out whatever leftover mineral salts they have after sweating. That causes problems, and even deaths, I'm told.

Cleanest purest doesn't always mean healthiest or best for you. Not that that would matter to a person like you.

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF?

21. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

You don't want the cleanest and purest water. What you want is for the water to be full of minerals and stuff. Look at it this way, when you eat, you are contaminating the water you put in your stomach, so there is no way to get pure 100% H2O without starving to death. Think of this. Your cells use water to wash out toxins. Water with minerals replaces the toxins with minerals, while pure water just gets the toxins out. Also, having stuff in the water makes it so cells don't explode due to diffusion. I'm sure cells won't explode in your body like that, but if you put a cell in a drop of distilled water, it will explode.

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Make sure your water does not include flouride

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, flouride probably wouldnt do much.
    Fluoride, though.