Putin's Puppet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Dec 12, 2016.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

As Trump fills out his appointees it's becoming increasingly apparent that Trump is indeed Putin's Puppet.

Trump continues to deny the intelligence. That's astounding. Putin couldn't ask for a better POTUS. Trump's campaign was in direct contact with Russia during the campaign. Trump appeared on Putin's state controlled TV during the campaign, and now he is appointing a very Putin friendly staff beginning with his very first appointments, e.g. Michael Flynn. And now it appears, Trump will nominate one of Putin's closest friends as Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. Putin awarded Tillerson with the highest honor that can be conferred upon a civilian, the Order of Friendship, and it appears Trump now wants to make him Secretary of State.

So what's next? What can be done? A few Republican senators are willing to speak out and investigate Trump's Russian ties. That's a start. But it's going to take more than that. I fear the majority of Republicans will roll over and play dead. They put partisanship above country. That's a sad state of affairs. I guess we can hope a few Republicans will be brave enough to split with their party for the good of the nation, because that's all we have. Trump could very easily and intentionally compromise the security of the nation to appease his Russian puppet master.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I hadn't heard that. Source, please.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geordief Valued Senior Member

"Obviously, any foreign breach of our cybersecurity measures is disturbing and I strongly condemn any such efforts," McConnell said in a statement that he read to reporters at a news conference at the U.S. Capitol.

He said he agrees with incoming Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., Armed Services Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., and Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., that possible Russian interference in the U.S. election "cannot be a partisan issue."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ongress-probe-russian-election-hack/95331688/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/11/politics/russia-us-elections-2016/

And now we have a Republican elector who is refusing to cast his ballot for Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/o...-my-electoral-vote-for-donald-trump.html?_r=0

It would take a number of Republican electors to change their vote in order to affect the election, but it is not entirely beyond the realm of possibility. Ten members of the electoral college are now demanding to be briefed on Russian involvement.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, it now appears Putin not only has his man in the White House but in the State Department as well - assuming he gets through the Senate.

You might want to buy stock in Chevron.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I asked in another thread:
    Has any one seen or heard Trump make any comments through out the campaign that would upset Putin's support for him.
    I can't find anything that suggest criticism of Russia any where.
    Yet plenty of criticism of China...

This in itself is extremely telling of Trumps actual allegiances. IMO

edit: and what is likely to happen very soon in Aleppo, Syria and Trumps commentary on that result will prove just as telling IMO

There is a possibility that China, may in retaliation to the end of the One China policy, blockade the South China sea trade route ( $5 trillion in trade passes annually) and I have to wonder if this is what Trump/Putin is attempting to provoke....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump is an egotistical idiot. Trump doesn't think that far down the road. He stumbles like a drunk from one thing to another. But to answer your question, no. Trump is very pro Putin and that's very evident in his appointments. Coincidentally Trump, per his son, is heavily financially enmeshed with Russians.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

It's just a business deal. What's your problem?

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And he is just the POTUS elect, what's your problem? Who cares if the POTUS is an ignorant egotistical idiot who is a puppet controlled by a hostile power?

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

It would become undeniable once trump removes sanctions on Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-up-clash-with-trump/?utm_term=.3f3b62273bf1

A showdown in Congress is looming over expanding sanctions against Russia, possibly pitting lawmakers once again against President-elect Donald J. Trump and his secretary of state nominee who previously has opposed them. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), an outspoken Trump critic, is the latest lawmaker to join the fray, stating that his goal in a series of investigations next year “is to put on President Trump’s desk crippling sanctions against Russia,” he wrote on Twitter. “They need to pay a price.” And on Sunday’s “State of the Union” on CNN, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the Armed Services Committee chair and a hardliner on Russia who believes that country hacked the election, called for a single select committee to investigate the alleged Russian meddling, as did incoming Senate Democratic leader Charles E. Schumer of New York. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has rejected that approach.

Well at least we will see which republicans have principles and which are lap dogs to the party first... always look for a silver lining in the cthulhuian hell we are entering.

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Well I believe the electoral college votes today and I wonder if they are prepared to take responsibility for a Trump presidency.

Concerns about :
    • Trumps Competency - fitness
    • Trumps loyalty - Putin
    • Trumps constant call for violent support "if necessary" - extortion.

Should be enough to lead to another "unpresedented" oops... unprecedented result.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The idea of a high stakes, not quite a Cold War game of machinations with Putin's Russia challenging China in a regional power struggle an order of magnitude or maybe three larger than, say, Saudi Arabia and Iran trying to get under each other's skin, with Donald Trump and the GOP leading the U.S. as Russian tools to help establish a thumbnail sketch new world order inflated to a ghostbusters-twinkie cheese puff laced throughout with toxic waste, a pall of pollution, and genuine, willful poison is not entirely impossible.

The only reason I won't escalate to consider actual likelihood is because I really feel like I'm sketching a mashup of 2nd GIG and Hetalia.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Trump's vendetta against the Chinese is increasingly obvious.
    Trump's lack of any criticism of Putin is increasingly obvious.
    Trump's attempt at extortion, through thinly veiled threats of supporter violence, reeks of Putin's style and is also very obvious
    Chinese subsequent militarization of the artificial islands in the South China sea is increasingly obvious.

I mean, how obvious do you need to get before someone realizes "Hey it's obvious"!

From an Australian perspective I would imagine that Trumps proposed trade war on China would mean that Australia will be forced to choose whether to support the USA or not. To do so would mean economic melt down here and I wonder if the USA is prepared or even capable of compensating Australia for it's massive losses.

If Australia does not support the USA trade war against China then the USA stands to loose an important strategic, intelligence (Pine Gap) and moral alliance.

All China has to do is simply ask Australia to choose!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Trump is an expert at the use of "poison" as demonstrated by his brutal and successful character assassination of Hillary Clinton and many others. People believe him and yet he has not earned their trust.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The thing that gets to me is that Trump is simply not worth the risk....and I wonder why the USA seems to be playing a game of "Russian" roulette.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It didn't happen. The Electoral College elected Trump today. A few defected, but it wasn't enough.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Fasten your seat-belts; we are in for a ride.

23. Capracus Valued Senior Member