Pyramids Built Inside Out?

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by Prince_James, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Uri,
    would you care to comare the total mass of the pyramids with the total mass of, say, the Mokattam Hills, then explain why one, but not the other would function as an efficient heat sink.

I await your reply with interest.
    Ophiolite
    [James R, please do pluck this particular bannanna until it is ripe.]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Some guy has poved that most of the stone blocks were cast, i think only the bottom ones are cut stone.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fishtail Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Should I check myself out too?

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

No. He has offered a hypothesis of questionable validity. That is quite different from proof. It also raises the question of what was done with all the stone quarried locally at Giza and across the Nile in the quarries there.

9. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Was part of the argument lack of fossils in the stone blocks used above a
    certain building level.
    Sorry, i forget source.

10. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

Is this a SCIENCE forum or only in name ?

First there is NO proof (evidence) that the pyramids were used as tombs... never has a mummy been found in a pyramid... and get real, logic would show, you would not build a massive pyramid for a dead person, then seal it up so there is no entry; no more of that line could be "buried there"
    (failed in fact and in the logic stakes as well)

Science runs on facts and logic.

Evidence for the pyramids as a machine

(a) there is a series of machines (pyramids) that show a line of enhanced design
    (b) other than "first" attempts, the pyramids have a WELL ! (no use except to collect water.)
    (c) the Pyramids were sealed except for "air" shafts. The dead do not breath.
    (d) The pyramids had a MASSIVE GRANITE CONDENSATION CHAMBER that had access to the desert air. This chamber SUCKED humid air in. (low pressure formed due to water vapour condensation)
    (e) The humidity of the air over the Nile reaches saturation.
    (f) the pyramids were aligned to reflect most heat/light. They even had a highly reflective outside coat of gleaming (highly reflective) limestone.
    (h) There are WRITTEN archaeological records describing the pyramids as having huge lakes of water surrounding them... eyewitness accounts.
    (i) There are primitive constructions in many parts of the world that operated on the above "pile of rocks condensation" logic, these have been verified as water producers.
    (j) Many natural rock formations process water vapour in a similar manner, giving rise to seeps and springs.

and there is more.

LOL, the local morons had no idea where the water came from, it was magic, and yes it was magic. Louts that them broke these magnificent conceptions.

Writings written on the pyramid walls praised the water produced,,,, it saved many elite from premature death. It was described as HOLY WATER a gift from the GODS.

But hey, it seems y'all haven't even got the book learning to understand this.

so ?, yep I don't care one bit!

but suit yourself, stay running on the BS that is flung around here if you like.

I run on facts and logic. And I get damned, LOL, y'all are really stupid... there really are no other words for it.

omegafour.com

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

nietzschefan:

URI is a troll who blew in from another forum where he posted exactly the same way-out "theories", and they were extensively debunked by myself and others. He has most likely trolled the same stuff all over the internet (I haven't bothered checking.)

URI:

Yes, of course. Relevance?

This kind of bullshit is a waste of my time. I won't bother taking the bait.

Ok. So, let's assume that the pyramids were NOT tombs. Then, where's the proof of your wacky and bizarre theory that they were water purifiers? Let's see...

Most types of architecture show a progression from early examples to more sophisticated types.

Evidence?

Non sequitur.

False.

Irrelevant.

Evidence of purpose?

References?

Evidence?

Evidence?

References?

So far, you have produced nothing but empty assertions, supported by nothing but your own say-so.

I see no facts and little logic.

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

This demonstrates your ignorance of Egyptology and is merely an argument from ignorance. There is plenty of evidence that the pyramids were used as tombs, indeed, the step pyramid of Djoser was his tomb until his grave within was plundered. The pyramids follow a very clear chronological and architectural evolution from earlier mastabas to the grand pyramids of Giza that presents glaring evidence of their funerary intent to anyone who takes the time to study the subject in appropriate detail. If, however, one is merely a significance-junkie or mystery-monger who already has woo-woo visions of mysterious forces and "pyramid machines" (whatever the fuck those are) or aliens who built them, then one will only see what they wish and real data will fall on their closed minds.

"Real?" "Logic?" These aren't, apparently, terms you're qualified to use on this topic if one is to look at your fantastic and highly imaginative nonsense:

Where is the evidence of "machines?" Complete and utter poppycock.

Yes, but the kah and the bah may need a way to the outside (these are aspects of the soul, according to Egyptian mythology). Moreover, the workers and attendants inside the tomb needed air until it was sealed.

Please. Cite them that we might have the opportunity to discuss them appropriately.

Right. This thread should be moved to pseudoscience.

Please. Cite the books you feel we should be "learned" from. In the mean time, allow me to suggest a few from my library that you might want to look for and obtain yourself a genuine education.

Lehner, Mark (1997). The Complete Pyramids. Thames & Hudson, London

Brewer, Douglas J. & Emily Teeter (1999). Egypt and the Egyptians. Cambridge University Press, London

Kemp, Barry J. (1989). Ancient Egypt; Anatomy of a Civilisation. Routlegde, London & NY

Wilkinson, Toby A. (2001). Early Dynastic Egypt. Routledge, London & NY

Breasted James H. (1972). Development of Religion and Thought in Ancient Egypt. University of Pennsylvania Press

Breasted, James H. (1906-1907). Ancient records of Egypt; historical documents from the earliest times to the Persian conquest. Vols I-V. University of Illinois Press

Smith, William Stevenson (1981). The Art and Architecture of Ancient Egypt (rev. by William Kelly Simpson). New York

Fakhry, Ahmed (1961). The Pyramids. Chicago

Romano, James F. (1990). Death, Burial, and Afterlife in Ancient Egypt. Pittsburgh[/QUOTE]

13. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

LOL

BS is perpetuated, by all arseholes.

14. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Clearly you're either having a go at us or you're truly ignorant. Either way, not a shred of what you've asserted from your imagination about Egyptian pyramids has the slightest evidence supporting it.

You typed the heading "Evidence for the pyramids as a machine" but completely refused to offer any. Are you playing a prank here?

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

URI is a troll of long standing. If he chooses to continue trolling, I will happily ban him.

16. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

>> URI is a troll who blew in from another forum where he posted exactly the same way-out "theories", and they were extensively debunked by myself and others. >>

politics not science, shame on you James R for branding without warrant......

You certainly ain't a scientist... politician James R

LOL. PATHETIC

17. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

There is substantial evidence for the evolution of the burial Mastaba into a pyramid, which explains the continuing fame of the reknowned Architect/Physician Imhotep who designed the first such step-pyramid for his pharaoh.

However, the culmination of the pyramid-building-era [which lasted only about two centuries] resulted in the most magnificent of such structures, namely the Great Pyramid [pyramid of Khufu, or Cheops], which stood alone on the Giza plateau, gleaming in its splendor as the only structure on that leveled limestone outcrop.

It is this structure, perhaps, that URI refers to when he claims there is no evidence of its usage as a tomb.

The claim that the Great Pyramid was used as a tomb, as were its predecessor pyramids used as tombs, has much evidence going against it.

Written accounts exist of the original break-in that occurred circa 800 A.D. [some 3,300 years after it was constructed circa 2500 B.C.] by Al Mamoun and his men, during the original expansion of the Islamic fervor that conquered Greco-Roman ruled Egypt. Evidence of that break-in is clearly visible today, since the tunnel that was chiseled into the solid rock to gain entrance is still used today as the entrance into the interior passageways. The chiseled-tunnel entrance is considerably lower than the hidden original tunnel [which has smoothed walls, and was clearly built during the course of the construction], and thus is more convenient for tourist traffic. Anyone who visits the Great Pyramid will readily note both tunnel entrances on the same face of the pyramid.

The accounts of Al Mamoun reflect that he found no treasure in the interior, and that the only movable object inside was an empty sarcophagus. That sarcophagus still remains in the interior to this day, as it is too large to remove from the "King's Chamber" through the existing tunnels [meaning it was placed in that room during the course of construction]. It consists of a single block of hollowed-out granite, well-polished on the interior surfaces, that required extensive skill to manufacture.

It would appear that the structure was used for religious purposes, but not actually used as a tomb [unless there remains a hidden chamber containing a mummy, which some have hypothesized].

The "air-shafts" that originate in both the "King's Chamber" and the "Queen's Chamber" [amazingly, the "Queen's Chamber" air-shafts originally stopped short of the surface of that room by several inches, and were likewise hidden. They were discovered in the 1800s A.D., and are now open] stop well before the exterior surfaces of the pyramid, and did not provide ventilation, and could not be located from the exterior of the pyramid. Had such openings existed, it would have been an easy entry-way target for tomb robbers such as Al Mamoun.

Rather, the exterior presented a smooth, highly-polished casing limestone surface into which joints between the blocks not even a knife-blade could be inserted. [Some of the other pyramids were cased in their lower courses with polished granite].

Because the Great Pyramid was entirely sealed from the exterior, with not a single hint as to the "real" entrance [forcing Al Mamoun to guess as to how best to tunnel into the structure, which guess placed his entrance hole many courses of stone-block below the actual hidden entrance]. Al Mamoun certainly was lucky in locating the interior passageways. His men had tunnelled through solid rock blocks for dozens of yards, with nary a sign of any interior structure. It is reported that they were close to giving up, when the pounding of their chisels resulted in a large "thunk" sound from further inside. They then began tunneling in the direction from which they yeard the "thunk", and came upon the "descending passage" with its hidden entrance on the exterior. What they had done was cause the plug that covered the "ascending passage" to jar loose, which fell to the floor of the "descending passage", causing the "thunk" sound. That also revealed the existence of the "ascending passage", which was apparently unique in pyramids. The "ascending passage" was blocked by granite plugs, which they tunneled around through the softer core limestone blocks. The "King's Chamber" was blocked by granite "plates" which they smashed through, revealing the empty "King's Chamber" save for the empty sarcophagus [which might have had a lid at that time, since destroyed].

Clearly, such an edifice could not have been used to collect water, even though there is a "well-shaft" and a dry subterranean chamber deep inside. Instead, it appears to have been used for religious/educational purposes to teach the people of their future about them, as a means of preserving some of their mathematical knowledge, which is encoded within, as discussed in previous threads in this forum about the Great Pyramid.

It's a shame that the casing limestone blocks were removed commencing the 13th century A.D. following a major earthquake that shook the region [and cracked the granite beams in the "King's Chamber"] when the pyramid served as a quarry for highly polished stone-work for the nearby city of Cairo. All but a few at the bottom-most course [which were hidden by sand] were removed from the Great Pyramid, and only the topmost ones remain on the pyramid built by Khufu's grandson [and which spoilt the Giza plateau as having a single edifice structure], which is nearly as large as Khufu's pyramid, though without the extensive interior passageways.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  18. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

>> Clearly, such an edifice could not have been used to collect water, even though there is a "well-shaft" and a dry subterranean chamber deep inside. >>>

That is common logic, and it not binding.
    Clearly the purpose is in the design, the well, the structure, a massive heat sink..

>> Instead, it appears to have been used for religious/educational purposes to teach the people of their future about them >>

LOL, a suitable school with no windows to distract and no door.
    The structure is only useful as a water vapour condenser.

Now to a much more serious situation.
    Scientists are being repressed all over the world. Global warming has them coming out of the woodwork en mass and complaining...
    JUST LIKE HERE... hey tell me is this an anti-scientific movement just before the end of this world.

LOL, only a few years left guys.... but hey wallow in your political power, science does not give hoot for your arrogant ignorance.

And guess what, I don't give a hoot for your world, I do not have to be here !
    LOL, cryptic I think.

19. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

20. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

URI:

It was not suggested that the pyramid was used as a school-room structure, then or now; rather it was suggested that the information/symbolism of the structure is edifying in today's world. Certainly that information was not available, and certainly forgotten, for many millenia, until the pyramid was broken into, so that it could be explored. Much still remains to be learned about its mysteries.

21. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Can someone please clean this thread of the pseudoscience and woo so that a real discussion might ensue? There *are* some interesting hypotheses and facts surrounding the construction of pyramids that *could* be discussed, but perhaps others are discouraged from participation in a thread hijacked by woo-woo nutters and cranks.

22. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

I'am outa here
    but
    >> suggested>>

not good enough in science.... where is YOUR PROOF.

bye

23. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Good fucking riddance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.