Qigong and electromagneticism

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by zougirl, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THE intensity of gauss of the field of the body will be directly related to the energy flow in your nervous system... and muscles..... this would the electromagnetic aspect of your aura.. and there maybe way to strenghten and energize this field and so nervous system directly...
    as to electric potential and charge... the body does have or would tend to have a charge... unfortunately... human skin tends to give up its electrons to just about everything it touches... we bleed off electrons all day.. everyday.

and what happens when you lose electrons??? you gain what?
    a positive charge...

and medical science knows... postive charge in body bad.
    negative charges good.

negative charges... nuetralise positive... so we ave nice nuetral.. no problem.

i sometimes... eletrify and charge my food... with electrons.. and then i eat it.

to gain electrons... is healthy.. and good...

to lose them is bad... but a nautral process.

the addition of a few more electrons in your life could literally improve your qi...

(vitamins... provide these electrons...)
    (SO WHY NOT CONSUME THEM DIRECTLY?)
    -MT

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VitalOne Banned Banned

Qi and electromagnetism are different. Light, gravity, and electromagnetism are all mediums of Qi (or Orgone).

For the latest properties of Orgone (or Qi) check http://educate-yourself.org/dc/dcwhatisorgone.shtml

Many people incorrectly assign Qi as electromagnetic phenomena and end up with some type of pseudoscientific explanation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i could type alot of words but i could sum it up with,

i agree with vitalone Qi is not electromagnetic, it emmits from living natural things, and has no magnetism, i have never experienced any pull effect from Qi, only push.

peace,

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

That's a fascinating theory

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

has anyone started a thread on it?

Another thing I find interesting is there are a number of 'secular' techniques (i.e. not related to religious philosophies*) that try to exploit the power of the human mind over the body: Alexander technique, autogenics, and the already mentioned biofeedback. Is anyone familiar with these and how they differ from Qi methods?

*quote from the autogenics site: "Be advised, however, that there is nothing “mystical” about this training. It’s pure physiology. But it can be a first step to real spiritual healing."

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Something happened on march of '02, comp sci class. I was in a room full computers. Very sick that day. Suddenly I let out this gigantic sneeze, and in that exact instant there was a power interrupt. The computers and lights came back on when I recoiled from the sneeze.

In Indian philosophy, the right and left nostrils correspond to the 'Ida/Pingala nadis-- pathways along which prana travels. Also, the chakras are said to be capable of converting energy. I'm giving the glossed version here, but I think you all know what I'm getting at..

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Qi power surge!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Zephyr: I'll take a look at those links tonight, and no, I still haven't gotten around to starting a thread on the lingering bio-chemical effects of homones; The resurgence of this thread might just kick me into gear!

10. libaijr Registered Member

Quick note from a visitor who happened to surf by,

..."Fa Shia" as mentioned earlier in the thread is probably just "fascia"...

Regards

libaijr

11. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

Scientific Evidence of Qi

plagiarised material deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  12. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

This is from an unreliable source so you'll have to check it out.

13. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

Chi obviously exists - The electrical impulses in the nervous system are but gross manifestations of this power. The hindu yogis called it prana.

14. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

since chi is everywheren. There is sun chi and shit like that I conclude that chi is simply the force behind movement so basically if counterstrike is more challenging than tombraider then counterstrike has more chi. This conclusion is made from reading how various eastern martial artists and monks have used the word chi.

15. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

zougirl:

If Qi has any physical manifestation at all, one thing we can say for sure is that your kung fu instructor doesn't know it is electrical in nature. That might be how he likes to think of it, but I'm not aware of any scientific studies which support the idea of Qi as an electrical phenomenon.

My own best guess is that it is all in the mind, and the mind's control over the body.

What you "feel" when you focus your Qi, or whatever, may well be a powerful illusion generated by your mind that it is not yourself but something outside yourself that is being manipulated. I think it is a matter of tapping into parts of your brain in a way that has a side effect of giving you the impression you are manipulating some kind of independent "energy", when in fact all you are really doing is improving your mind's control over your own body.

Some people make all kinds of outrageous claims for Qi, and those are certainly testable. Things like knocking a person across a room with a slight touch, or the ability to levitate, or whatever. None of these extravagant effects have ever been observed under controlled conditions.

The idea of Qi might help you to visualise your body in a way that improves your martial arts skills, but I wouldn't take it as something which is actually "out there" as a separate entity, since there is simply no good evidence that that is true.

17. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

hey james what should I do the next time I want to post a piece of text from someone?

p.s you forgot the "scientific evidence of chi" part.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Give credit where credit is due.

Include the author's name, and a link to the site you copied it from.

19. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

it doesn't state an author and I downloaded it from a site with no copyright.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Every piece of writing has copyright. You have copyright over everything you post on sciforums, automatically. I cannot copy your last post without your permission, except in certain well-defined circumstances.

Note that the © symbol is not required for copyright to subsist in a written work.

21. perplexity Banned Banned

Lawyers make money out of it because the circumstances are not so well defined, especially with regard to "fair use" where the issues are mostly a matter of discretion because of the enormous variety of circumstance.

If they are not otherwise likely to notice, tell the someone.

Copyright exists by default, owned in so far as a claimant may prove that he put the work in, but in law silence denotes consent, so if you can prove that an owner knows but did nothing about it, you are then well ahead.

--- Ron.

22. locomotive Tea me o' mighty teapot Registered Senior Member

ow ok I thought that you have to pay to get copyright on something. This sucks because I will probable not find the author.

thank you,

locomotive

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

In terms of posting stuff here, the best thing to do is to copy the relevant portions of the text only, rather than the whole thing, since that is probably "fair use" and will not infringe copyright.

But you should also always provide the original author's name, and a link to the original source, too.