"Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad"

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Arsalan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

How could we all be related?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I wonder who had more women, Wilt Chamberlain or Genghis Khan?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Sandy sent the Moderators a goodbye note and stopped posting a couple of weeks ago. She intended to check her PM mailbox for a while. Max simply stopped posting last fall.
    "Mitochondrial Eve." She's all over SciForums. We're all descended from a single female ancestor. Technically we're not all brothers, but we're all cousins.
    Surely Khan. He had (literally) an army bringing them to him.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I presume that you know what a first cousin is. I presume you know what a secound cousin is. Is their any problem extending cousinship to 3rd and 4th cousins?

How many 50th cousins do you think you have living on this earth at this time?

I believe that the majority of people alive today are my 50th cousin or closer in relationship to me. It is just a matter of knowing math, and knowing about how often and far people moved from their birthplace in the past.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

2^33 = 8 billion, more people than there are on the planet. If every couple had only two children, we'd all be only 33rd cousins.

On the other hand, 33 generations is only 800 years, even at modern generational rates. Mitochondrial Eve lived 140,000 years ago so our cousins have been intermarrying for a long time.

9. sagatr Registered Member

What a load of nonsense.

10. Sputnik Banned Banned

You have a small problem .....Margaret de Clare (last common ancestor of QE2 and Dubya) was born in 1281 ....the bloodline of the prophet did not enter into the royal bloodline until the 15.th century ......a bit too late ......

:m:

11. John99 Banned Banned

WOW, thats just like to Adam and Eve. What a coincidence

Wikipedia:
    Back to square one, it seems.

12. John99 Banned Banned

Interestingly enough, the basic premise for this comes from DaVinci code, or specifically the dude who wrote about it before Dan. Jesus' descendants are\were French royalty. What a coincidence.

13. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

:roflmao: There is more proof that the Prophet existed than of your existence vincent. Remember, sometimes courts do not recognise a person as alive if they are standing in front of them.

Who to believe: a ranting lunatic or the editor (?) of an authoratative royal geneolagy database... Thats a tough one /sarcasm.

Vincent, deducing from your name you are probably in the UK somewhere. On behalf of all the UK'ers on this forum, please shut up. You are making the rest of us look bad. How many Muslim women do you know? How many of those wear burkas? How many of those carry bombs? And what about those Muslim women who avhieced great things in their life because they were not bound to the limits you want to place on women? Why am I even asking you these questions seeing as you have still not replied to this post of mine

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

As far as I know, we are all humans, right? :bugeye:

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

How is it nonsense? It is perfectly logical. Care to explain?

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I wasn't going to say anything since he was responding to my own post. Moderators have to have thick skins and not complain when we're insulted.

But since you brought it up, that was a textbook case of trolling, which is a violation of the rules. Sagatr is a new member, only been with us for a couple of days. He needs to get with the program.