Question please

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by ladyhawk, Feb 13, 2007.

1. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

22 years old. College student, almost senior year.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm thought you were older. You're pretty self actualised for 31.

As for the OP, I'm 37.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

42, Already!!!! 25 at heart

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No Way. FG is 63!! I pictured a Howie Mandel type. 63??!

9. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

23, in college still, living on my own (not dorms)

10. phoenix2634 Registered Senior Member

33 (34 next month)

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

as many of probably know by now, i recently quit my job. being unemployed and due to my age - not eligible for the unemployment benefit i gave the government 20% of my pay for - i was forced to move back in with my parents(well technically i had the option of being homeless, but im not too fond of living in my car).

EDIT: 16 years old

12. Free_Matt_417 The CIA took my baby away Registered Senior Member

Im a student, but I'm living with my sister.

13. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

The dinosaur hates to mention his age. Suffice it to say that I once used a slide rule and a mechanical calculator that weighed about 30 pounds (approx. 14 kg).
    When people made a remark like the above about me, I always considered it a complement.

DarksidZz: It saddens me when I hear about people who are so unhappy in their teens. It seem to be mainly due to an elite in-crowd, who put down others to hide their own poor self image.

One of my life long friends had a high school & college career similar to yours. I tried to help him when we were in high school. I was never able to do much for his self image, but I managed to keep the bullies from physically abusing him. He turned out to be very successful, but many of the other misfits at my high school never were able to overcome their personality problems.

14. Meanwhile Banned Banned

Now that is funny. Lol.

15. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

31 , 6th grade. hopefully this is the year.

16. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

just kidding , im 40

17. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

no really ,im 31, not in school though since 17. HATED school , its a typical democratic money sucker. i bet you got a better chance in life now leaving after high school.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Recently hit 40. Haven't lived with my parents since I left for college. I live with my wife and four kids. Oldest kid is 17.

The question is, will I pay off my student loans before I start paying for my kid's college? The answer, I doubt it.

This doesn't mean that college isn't worth it, it just means it takes a long time to become a doctor and there's no benefit to paying off low interest loans early. (I took out 15 year loans and have been practicing 11. I had about $70,000 in debt and deferred payments the first couple years when I was just getting started.).

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

In my seventies, but going on 40. Still a student (not formally) and will be till dead, which I am doing my best to make at least three decades hence. I am very frugal (most would say cheap) - retired early to live with beautiful Brazilian Ph.D. I met while both were on vacation in Mexico.

I put slightly more than half million dollars into a lifetime annuity when retiring (to protect myself against my self doing something really dumb later - not a good investment for most, but I have excellent health and plan to get triple my money back by living past 100. Already have it fully back, as annual return is slightly more than 8%. - I did not expect the inflation to be as low as it has been, so my "real" rate of return has been approximately 5%. I have no rent to pay, but I buy cheap food for us at farmers market daily. (We rarely eat out as we like to control what we eat.) I easily live on my social security alone. With no money worries, I can take risks. - I currently own 44 different stocks, mainly very small drug development companies, as investigating their drug's mechanism of function is whole new area of learning for me, and has been quite profitable.

I have no official job now, but owner of local bar (4 minute walk from high rise apartment owned by my Brazilian lady, now wife) calls me several times a week to come and drink beer for free as I give one (or more) clients free practice in speaking English. I also am building a house, overlooking a large lake (hydroelectric reservoir) ALL BY MYSELF. I am now an expert in making good concrete with minimum expenditure of energy and finally getting some practical use of those material engineering courses I had to take years ago.

Only thing (except sleeping nude with wife) I like better than learning is teaching. - Why I am active here.

PS - My posts are always too long. I do not know why I could not simply say:

“Retired, in 70s.”

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  20. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

21, final year of university and living with parents.

I find it strange that you lot leave your parents as soon as you start work/university, Asian parents generally never want to let go of their children. I know of guys that are married with children and still living with their parents, and when they do get a house its normally on the same street as their parents house.

£35,000!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My student debt is about £11,000.

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I made it thru undergrad with no debt, so I am better off than most of my classmates. Many of them owed over $100,000.

22. draqon Banned Banned

20 baby, trying to hold on to that univ. And my student debt is...559$.

23. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

9962 earth days old (solar not sidereal)