[ Question ] war between Atlantis and the Rama Empire

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by neuronicus, Feb 28, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Really......elaborate please.

And that makes validation of something ok????

I don't even remember India's history that far back. 10,000 years ago??? India???? Tell me more.

All i remember was that it is a myth...nothing else. Intense devotion to it does not make it any more tangible. I would like to see why you believe it is a actual event that took place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

<i>Homer was not just one person, by the way. He was most likely a conglomeration of people just as Aristotle was.</i>

Evidence?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It's possible for Homer to be more than one person, but I think Aristotle was supposed to have tutored Alexander the great, so....

Is there a website you could show me, or something?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

From what I've read.. the Rama empire never existed 12000 years ago, something like 5000 years ago would be more accurate. There is some sort of evidence which hints at a land bridge between India and Sri Lanka but no conclusive proof that it was built during Rama's time; or that Rama existed in the first place. He may be God, but he need not be a real character. Blind devotion won't provide conclusive evidence that Rama ever existed. Again, Rama may be God but that doesn't make him real, does it?

8. dinokg Registered Senior Member

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the huge glass covered areas found in the sahara desert. These glass covered areas have ultra pure, green colored glass covering them. The glass is 97 or so percent silicon. This glass was a mystery until the 1940's when nuclear testing was being done in New Mexico.
    The nuclear bombs that were tested also left pure green colored glass. These glass areas date to at lest 8 to 10 thousand years ago.

Might be connected to this some how.

If you don't beleive this information look it up on the internet and your sure to find proof some where.

9. spookz Banned Banned

possible explanation

Libyan Desert Glass is found in the Sahara Desert in large sand dunes. The slightly yellowish lumps were probably created by meteoritic impact.

Lightning can create glassy formations when it strikes a sandy area with the right combination of minerals. The resulting crude, brittle, slender tubes are called fulgurites.

obsidian, formed from volcanic activity can be green.
    however i prefer an explanation invoving nuclear war b/w the ancients. way more sexy dont you think?

edit: the stuff is called trinitite

10. dinokg Registered Senior Member

Heres a little more green glass info.

Although there are meteor craters with green glass the glass isnt as pure as the green glass from a nuclear explosion. Anyway meteor craters have large craters and the green glass in the desert goes at most one meter or three feet underground compared to a meteor crater which would cause the material to go up to many hundreds of feet underground.

And as for lightning it only causes tubes on glass not huge sheets of glass.

But you had a good idea.

11. spookz Banned Banned

nonsense! i was just making a half hearted nod at the sci establishment
    someone explain the glass goddammit!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

btw, i posted this shit sometime back. glass is found all over earth (cannot find thread or refs in google)

12. dinokg Registered Senior Member

13. Spam God Registered Member

how did these people make nuclear weapons without polymers? you would need plastic to make radiation suits (unless they went around with big lead blocks on their heads.) and if the ancients had widespread use of plastics, that means they would have had to have factories and oil wells to make plastic. and cities to support the economy needed to make nukes. no evidence of that is there?

14. kmguru Staff Member

It will take only 2000 years for the soil to absorb most material if remains inactive including plastic - except nuclear items. That could happen in 10,000 years. If there was a civilization it must be atleast 12,000 years ago before the last ice age.

1 lakh = 100,000

It is more like the story of Ramayana was set a few million years ago. If there was two ice ages, all would be gone bye bye.... No one seems to have a precise timing of our ice ages in the last 5 million years.

Only way to settle this is to dig in North or south pole and other perma frost area where most of the stuff would be preserved.

15. Spam God Registered Member

That depends on the type of nuclear material that was used. For certain types of natural uranium, the half-life is only about 500 years, so that would be accurate. But the half-life of uranium-235, which is the type used to generate nuclear reactions, is estimated to be about 700 billion years!

Google search for the half-life of uranium-235

That's only the half-life. It would take it trillions of years to decay completely!

16. kmguru Staff Member

Half-life at Google:

Uranium 235 to Lead 207 (half-life = 710,000,000 years)
    Uranium 238 to Lead 206 (half-life = 4,500,000,000 years)
    Thorium 232 to Lead 208 (half-life = 14,000,000,000 years)
    Rubidium 87 to Strontium 87 (half-life = 47,000,000,000 years)

I was not talking about Lead. Besides The Earth is only about 4.5 billion years old!

Uranium as found in nature. It contains 0.7 percent uranium-235, 99.3 percent uranium-238, and a trace of uranium-234 by weight. In terms of the amount of radioactivity, it contains approximately 2.2 percent uranium-235, 48.6 percent uranium-238, and 49.2 percent uranium-234.

Uranium for weapons grade is enriched to U-235. Depleted Uranium is U-238 that is because of very little decay (4.5 Billion years to half-Life).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003