Questioning is driving me insane!

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Agent@5, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Does anyone else ever feel like, no matter how much you question something, it dosnt bring any resolution. ANd when finally it does, it opens up a whole can of other things that you have to get through all over again. Its fun for a while, but then it drives me mad, but i have to keep going just to know, even though I know ill never know. I drive everyone else insane in the process!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I find more questions every day, and never enough answers. It's very frustrating. On the other hand, I don't trust people who have too many answers, who think they know the Truth. They're weird and probably dangerous.

Plus, if you're from Sydney, the driving you insane bit will be a very short drive.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Yeah its deffinetely like that, but I'm better now that I have become and Atheist and taken down all those ideas I just had to have blind faith in. Now I am a happy - steady stream of questioning everything instead of only some parts of life cause when I did that it nearly drove me insane. I can expect that everything doesn't have answers and that any answers lead to more questions, its comforting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

heheh Howd you know I was from sydney? I knwo its the way everything I say, makes no sense at alL!! lol
    But I agree with you, I would rather discuss possible reasons instead of been fed one sided ideas. Answers are always changing anywqay, so one day they will fond themselves very wrong/

8. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

nice to know.. And if you need support, i think escaping religion is you best effort to be 'objective' and gather your own thoughts... Took me a while to actually say the words " i dont belive in God' but after I realised how that restriction came from a fear that was pushed upon me, i realised there was no real fear at all

9. FoxMulder Registered Senior Member

STOP QUESTIONING AND FIND JESUS!!! IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO THE TRUE ANSWER!!!!!

10. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

kssssss..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont preach to me.

11. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

You mentioned it in an earlier thread I think.

12. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Stop questionong to find jesus? Does that imply that if we question jesus we'll find out he dosen't exist?

Whenever someone says to not ask questions i get very suspicious very fast.

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Jesus exists. Haven't I told you about the time I made the mistake of taking him clubbing?

14. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Agent,
    My forty-plus years of asking questions has not reduced the number of my questions, though the nature of my questions has changed. Don't fret about asking questions. Only worry if you stop asking!

FoxMulder,
    Even if you should only whisper a good idea (or write in very small letters), the message will carry around the world. Those that shout their ideas remind me of the ugly American tourist who shouts in English to the French, as if the French were simply hard-of-hearing. The more one shouts, the more others cover their ears. Volume is no substitute for quality.

Neutrino_Albatross,
    "Religion is a magic device for turning unanswerable questions into unquestionable answers." Art Gecko

Michael

Last edited: Jun 9, 2002
  15. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

So Kierkegaard talked about dollars? Very interesting. I thought he was from Denmark.

I sometimes drive myself insane with questions. When it really gets to much, I back out and just try to live my life as a good person.

Then I get sucked in again

16. Ender Registered Senior Member

Concider This

Questions are good, they let us know we are alive.

As for The whole Jesus thing... Question everything form your own belifes, and be true to yourself. Eversince I became an athiest I have had much more selfconfidence because you know I did everything by myself. Your own "fate" is in your own hands not some predetermined "plan".

So yeah Question everything!!

17. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

SOmetimes do you fell you are going round and roud in ciccles thoug? And also... while im studying culture, society and so forth, the more I learn the angrier I get at people, and their ignorance and their neglect and their selffishness. I knwo not everyone is like this, but it seems those who have the final say (governments institutions etc) Are always screwing it up, and the people that suffer are those how have now voice. Well, have a voice, but noone will listen. It makes me sad about the human race, I just wish we could all make the difference.

And about your second comment - cheers!

18. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Also quiting can be a wonderful solution too.

19. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

If you never start something, then you never have to quit.. right ?!

20. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

At some point in life you learn that you will never know it all. When I say learn, maybe I shouild say you accept the idea. You learn all you can, persue what interests you or what you really need to know. When the questions lead away from where you are going, you follow the heading you started with. You will never know all nor will you be able to do all. Be the best at what you favor. There lies the key to happiness.

I suspect the our fellow member, FoxMulder, may really be Tony1 in his alternate id. No matter. FoxMulder, large letters will do nothing for you and will turn those you wish to reach away. I would suggest a little less radical approach if you wish to reach people. Some call it tact and manners...

21. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, its funny. everythign is like "if it makes you happy....' But you kno, just because it makes you happy, dosnt give you reason to do it. Like, if im happy kissing every single boy I meet, and I have a husband. I dont think happiness is a crediable reason to do it... I think im just being argumentative now. Sorry, i get like that sometimes

22. Ol-Skool Registered Senior Member

Yo brotherman, i hear you on that tip! Do we really know anything? I feel listening to others and accepting there is always more than one side to any belief / philosophy, being real to yourself is the only road to hapiness!

As for questioning more than id like to admit Cara, listening to all your questions, i feel you understand who i am more and more, i love listening to your 'insanity' for the simple reason it makes me feel more in check with the world around, its not just me thinking crazy shit! Im forever listening to others around me especially you girl, and i think my wisdom IF ANY hehe has deprived from acceptance and the thirst for others perceptions.

Remember there is no right or wrong, only what you feel is right or wrong. With acceptance of each other there will be unity, until then the world will remain as it is. Be all you can be! Questioning things i spose is the path to hapiness, through trials and anxiety there is a happier place!

Andy

23. Ol-Skool Registered Senior Member

The only problem i see within you baby girl, is not your questioning at all! Just in what you just said, being argumentative for the sake of it, how many times does one say something to you (ie me) and you argue against it straight away, even though you beleive what i say and agree with me! That is the only thing that gets frustrating

Debating and being argumentative can be two very different things, all depends in how you deal with the situation at hand.

But yo your knowledge and heart is where i find myself happy, you are a great inspiration to me, from the first night we met till now! Only a year later i felt like ive learnt twice what i already knew... love and life is in its entirety one.

Andy!