Quotes to remember

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by wegs, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"I understood at a very young age that in Nature, I felt everything I should feel in church but never did. Walking in the woods, I felt in touch with the universe and with the spirit of the universe."
    ~ Alice Walker

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“Don't you long for something different to happen, something so exciting and new it carries you along with it like a great tide, something that lets your life blaze and burn so the whole world can see it?”
    ― Juliet Marillier, Son of the Shadows

wegs likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“We often dream about people from whom we receive a letter by the next post. I have ascertained on several occasions that at the moment when the dream occurred the letter was already lying in the post-office of the addressee.”
    ― C.G. Jung, Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out all of the pain. " - Joseph Campbell

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    wegs likes this.
  8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“Half of me is filled with bursting words and half of me is painfully shy. I crave solitude yet also crave people. I want to pour life and love into everything yet also nurture my self-care and go gently. I want to live within the rush of primal, intuitive decision, yet also wish to sit and contemplate. This is the messiness of life - that we all carry multitudes, so must sit with the shifts. We are complicated creatures, and ultimately, the balance comes from this understanding. Be water. Flowing, flexible and soft. Subtly powerful and open. Wild and serene. Able to accept all changes, yet still led by the pull of steady tides. It is enough.”
    ― Victoria Erickson

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"There are no conditions to which a person cannot grow accustomed, especially if he sees that everyone around him lives in the same way." ~Leo Tolstoy

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

“Fiction writing, and the reading of it, and book buying, have always been the activities of a tiny minority of people, even in the most literate of societies.”

- Paul Theroux

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Been there, done, that if you replace wolf dog with girlfriend and books with movies on USB sticks, plus hi-def colour 105 inch player and surround sound

How sweet it would be

Magical Realist likes this.
  13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“Childhood is this time of magic and monsters; hoping for one and fearing the other... The worst part of being a kid is discovering which one exists... So, I chose to believe in magic.”
    ― Thomm Quackenbush, We Shadows

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

''Sometimes I feel so stupid and dull and uncreative, that I am amazed when people tell me differently.'' - Sylvia Plath

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm the other way

I feel so bright and intelligent I am amazed when people tell me differently

wegs and O. W. Grant like this.
  17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

lol

Consider yourself fortunate because I think for many people, it's easier to believe the negative things said about them, than the compliments.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I don't know
    Telling me I am stupid and dull can be considered a compliment considering my true nature

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“time is no more fixed than the stars. Time speeds and bends around planets and suns, is different in the mountains than in the valleys, and is part of the same fabric as space, which curves and swells as does the sea.”
    ― Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. ~Jack Kerouac

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"My parents wanted to light my artistic candle. But over time, the definition of 'the arts' began to stretch. And as I got older, they suddenly realized, Oh, my God, we're the parents of Iggy Pop."---Iggy Pop

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Michael 345 likes this.