R.I.P. Gene Wilder

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Kittamaru, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/movies/gene-wilder-dead.html

The world... is a little darker without his light to shine the way...

Dr_Toad likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes.....
    I loved him in "Young Frankenstein:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

But much brighter for his having been here. This is how we grow.

sideshowbob likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Very sad, but he was 83 after all! We should all live so long and contribute so much!

8. geordief Valued Senior Member

Was there a touch of the Harpo Marx about him ?

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I believe you are dishonest in your proclaimed sentiment.

How old are you?

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Yes, the moderator is a coward that can't answer, thanks.

11. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

There was. And it's so fine to watch it in action. Now I have to go watch Young Frankenstein again...

@Beer: Be nice, Fraggle is even older than I am, and that's scary.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

• One would think the point that this manner of post is a bad idea somewhat obvious, but since it isn't, here's a reminder.
    Fraggle is an asshole.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay Beer... I'm going to give you a shot at explaining yourself with this one, because my knee-jerk reaction is to slap an infraction on you and delete the previous few posts... one because, what the fuck brought that on, two because it's totally out of place.

One - if you actually believe Fraggle is being somehow dishonest with that sentiment (and, lets be honest - Gene Wilder DID live a long life, I hesitate to say "good" only because he did have his demons that seemed to haunt him at times.), why would you feel this, a thread memorializing Gene Wilder, is the appropriate place to call him out on it? Would you do this at a wake/funeral/viewing?

Second - the "Fraggle is an asshole" bit... what brought that on... and again, how is that even remotely appropriate for a memorial type thread?

Finally - you determined that, because he did not respond to your initial question within the span of... what... 52 minutes... that he is apparently a coward? Did it cross your mind he may have been otherwise occupied, not online, or had not even seen the question?

I'm trying, quite desperately, to grasp at SOME rational reason for your actions here... and I'm not coming up with one.

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Let, Fraggle, respond. Openly.

15. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Frankly, he should not give you the time or effort in responding to you after your latest outburst.

You have been rude and offensive and continue to be so. Most of all, you seem to believe that he owes you an answer to your very inappropriate question. Inappropriate, not just for the content of your posts in this thread, but the very context of this thread. He owes you nothing. He certainly does not owe a response to your so called question, nor do you deserve a response from him.

So here is how this will play out. You either apologise for your inappropriate comment, but also for behaving like a rude and spoiled child, or you face moderation.

16. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You're not a psychologist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.