Race is Real?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Bowser, Jul 4, 2017.

1. river

Rage should be turned into calm thinking .

Is this not the evidence of the disappearence of the freedom of thought , expression of ideas .

It seems to me that in this day and age there is a difficulty with handling different ideas .

Hence we tend to shut down voices of disagreement .

Our ego's have become soft , we have become fragile in thinking that is opposed to our thinking .

Idea's have become controlled .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

NO YOU CALM DOWN

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Interesting

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The article makes the case that this isn't simple disagreement over a point of sociology, his work is the product of bigoted assumptions, namely, that racism and the history of blacks in the Americas isn't at all significant to the differences we see in IQ scores.

8. river

True

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Murray's ideas are not different, and not difficult to handle in isolation from their political support. They are familiar, common, easily rebutted and often rebutted, and quite thoroughly objectionable in all respects.

Ands in places like the US, they have a political base - a large political faction gains advantage by their justification.

When not politically and publicly opposed, when not politically countered and blocked and refused support and dismissed from discussion, they take over and cause great sufferings and harms.

Or as the guy said - evil only requires the good to do nothing.

10. river

Has though the good done nothing , nothing at all ?

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It has done much. And there's nothing wrong with continuing to do it - including stepping hard on the century's old garbage Charles Murray is peddling.

12. river

Evolution

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

?

14. river

Evolution of thought , beyond race . Based on your post # 128 .

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

I evolve every year , before my skin was tight , Now my skin on my hands is loose. my hare is gray, I believe if I would impregnate a female , chances are the offspring would be less healthy than if would impregnate been in the 30 years old , Some changes have taken place in my DNA.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That is not evolution, that is aging.

17. timojin Valued Senior Member

What about if in a second and third generation in the family grow 6 finger on each hand ?

18. Bells Staff Member

Inbreeding or birth deformities..

Unless of course you can think of a reason as to why a 6th finger is evolutionary beneficial or viable.

19. timojin Valued Senior Member

For some situation is beneficial, for odder situation might not be beneficial. Nature does not think , people think. Who said six fingers is a deformity, perhaps five finger is a deformity in comparison to avians.

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That is irrelevant. The answer to your original post is still - aging is not evolution.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

duplicate deleted

22. timojin Valued Senior Member

This is an arbitrary choice to name what evolution means . Since according the word "evolution " changes genetica have to take place . According assignment evolution is a process that will take millions of years .

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No actually, in science, evolution has a specific meaning. It doesn't mean changes to an individual organism over its lifetime.