Racism is dead right?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by sifreak21, Aug 12, 2011.

1. markl323 Registered Senior Member

so you are saying those groups were exploited because they were exploitable, not because of their race? then you are agreeing with me.

your U.S history needs improvements. i would go on and explain how the middle class is being exploited by the rich but it would probably be a wasted effort.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

i don't think so . I know the middle class has been exploited . What is exploitable ? Are some races more exploitable than others ? Were does work ethics come into play in cultures ? Where does the driving force to consume come from ? I don't think that is something the Native Man from the Americas came up with or there leaders ? Who created the modern society of no holds bar wasteful life style . People of color just don't seem to be the culprits here . I can tell by your insinuated work ethic you not a clue as to what I am talking about . If you do then congrats cause I am having a bad day explaining my self .
    Point being work ethics of the white man philosophy is over . Not sustainable if you have not heard the word enough already < Sustainable being the warn out word like a broken record that no one understands any more cause of Green Wash technologies

That comment about me history was uncalled for cause I was referring to the new slaves to build mass transit in the future . Pot hole fixers too . Ones with degrees cause the pay is better. I call it social slavery . It includes upper middle class right down to Ted kazinsky in his shed in the wilderness . That was a bad example . The Haitian national in there temporary structure while hurricanes are blowing there shit away . Point being it ain't getting better for you all to soon if it ain't getting better for A Haitian National

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. markl323 Registered Senior Member

the term i used was "racist" not prejudice. there is a difference. everyone is guilty of prejudices. would you want your kids to live next to registered sex offender?

if you are claiming that blacks as not as easily exploited as Asian immigrants so they don't get hired as often, then why don't American born Asians have this problem? they tend to make just as much as whites (maybe a little bit less, but is it as big of problem as it is for blacks?). take that grant study for example, what kind of exploitation was involved?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

are you trying not to be on the same wave length here .
    ? I feel some hostility in the strange brew your drinking . The black man was easily exploited by the whites. It was called Slavery .
    Note : I just night understand history better than your first impression tells you as me family comes from the Great House of stone . A very colorful family indeed . Colorful Characters you would not believe if I was to present Wiki Pages on them . Me Great uncle Lucien has only got a mention thus far but I expect more in the future seeing how he single handily freed the black man from slavery . It was battle at the Troup Hurt house just out side of Atlanta in Pharaohs Army. Yeah that is what it is called today. He was the leader and they call it that Cause his name means Pharaoh . I think that is funny . How bout you ? What you think about that ?

8. arauca Banned Banned

9. markl323 Registered Senior Member

there is no hostility here. it's just that you have a habit of not addressing my good points.

first of all i was referring to the present day's blacks. but anyways, if blacks are easily exploited as you claimed, then again, why do whites keep giving jobs to the Asians but won't give blacks the same opportunities? why exploit the Asians when you can exploit the blacks who are already living in the country?

maybe Asians are more naive. but again, this whole job/education opportunities have more to do with work ethics, qualifications and corporate loyalty to bottom line than they do with race, which is the point i'm making, don't you think?

as for your story, it makes sense but no offense, i don't really find it humorous. although i find the history of slavery interesting. i'm still learning about it and i find it interesting that you seem told your story with a sense of pride. wasn't the civil war fought over economic and political reasons instead of human rights? what i found on wiki:

This led to the outbreak of the Civil War, which spelled the end for chattel slavery in America. However, in August 1862, Lincoln wrote to editor Horace Greeley that despite his own moral objection to slavery, the objective of the war was to save the Union and not either to save or to destroy slavery. He went on to say that if he could save the Union without freeing a single slave, or by freeing all the slaves, or by freeing only some of the slaves, he would do it.

i mean your Uncle could be a good man but maybe freeing the slaves wasn't the only thing in his mind when he went to war as you told.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  10. markl323 Registered Senior Member

i'm not disagreeing with you but i think we should all move on with this slavery thing. slavery was present in every culture. even whites enslaved themselves and as you said, blacks were also involved in the slave trade, so i think people shouldn't take it personally.

11. arauca Banned Banned

I think they should stop crying and just get it over . When I come here , I worked as a janitor , cabinet maker, electronic assembler, finally graduated as a chemist . I was discriminated due to language and I am discriminated due to language , should I cry ? There are a lot of Mexicans who started as dishwasher ,but now they own fine restaurants and other businesses.

12. markl323 Registered Senior Member

i totally understand what you are saying as i am an immigrant myself. i first worked as a gas station attendant, cleaning toilet for a couple of years and now i'm an engineer. and the only group i feel "oppressing" me is the rich. i don't think the average whites have the energy and time to waste on "oppressing" the minority if the minority work hard and play by the rules. maybe the older guys here have a different opinion because they grew up in a different era. i'm asian and i make a bit less than the industry's average but i guess maybe that's the result of living in a white country. i'm not going to cause a riot because of it.

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

interesting ? You make less than your white competitor ? That is great you are an engineer . I though you engineers had all the money ? Rich like builders . I talk about my family history so yeah a different area completely. Considering my great grandfather was a slave owner and my grandfather lived with slaves his father owned . Considering I grew up during the Height and Ashbury days of Molcom X. Grew up with racial tension geared towards the native Man at my own high school . Yeah considering I got a guys Clan card I kept for historical reasons .
    I don't feel guilt though . I would not pay you less than a white competitor either
    You Make less money than a white Man in your same position ? You don't think that is discriminatory ? I am not asking if you would cause a riot here . I am asking if that is discriminatory in your judgment?

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

That is true about my Uncle . He was very young attorney and it was because he was called to arms by his country . I don't really know how he felt > I know his men admired Him and would go and do anything he commanded . I know he answered the first call to arms and convinced others to volunteer . I know he was the inspiration for the decisive battle that won the civil war . You could say I have a sense of pride about it seeing how my son has the same name . It is probably like you say . He had many things on his mind other than freeing slaves , but that don't change the fact that he did .

Anyway I don't think you are naive. I think you have a good work ethic . I think you do what you have to do to get the job done . I think you do it with out complaining and you rise to the occasion . all that still is about your character. That is a force you can control and I admire you for it . I don't admire cronyism over talent . Were a lazy bum can get a job and be paid more just because of who he knows and qualified people get shown the door . I lived like that for a while were as the company would call me when they got behind otherwise it was beer time with there buddies until they got behind again and they called me back to catch them up on there work . I was glad to have a job as that was the tail end of the Carter years were housing was depressed some what like today . So no I did not complain at all . Then things got good I would tell the young bucks " You better not be so picky about what you do and you don't do because when lay off time comes you will be the first to go . Then 1989 or so hit and California was hit by another crash and the young bucks got a good taste of what I was talking about while I still had my job . So yeah I understand what you are saying . I also understand about being valuable to the company . If your not making them money you are noting getting a raise in pay .

Things changed when I started my own business . One thing I never did was discriminate because of a persons ethnic back ground .Course we got laws in America that tell business they can't discriminate based on race or religion. You got a suit if you can prove they have . Course I am not the sue type my self . I might have a different out look if I was of a different race and I faced lower pay because of my race . Don't know . If I was Asian I might do just like I do now . Put my nose to the grind stone and get my job completed so I have time to complete my other work . Got to hurry up and do my work so I have time to do my other work . O.K. that was funny ! Don't you think that was funny ?

What kind of engineering do you do ? Surveying ? structural ? Geo?