Raison d'Être: Roger Ailes Dead at 77

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, May 18, 2017.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Raison d'Être: Roger Ailes Dead at 77

Mere weeks after his ouster from FOX News, former chairman Roger Ailes has died at age seventy-seven.

Via the New York Times:

Roger E. Ailes, who shaped the images that helped elect three Republican presidents and then became a dominant, often-intimidating force in American conservative politics at the helm of Fox News, which he created with Rupert Murdoch's money and guided for two decades until he was forced out in a sexual predation scandal, died on Thursday morning. He was 77.

No cause of death or other details were given in an announcement by Mr. Ailes's wife, Elizabeth. Mr. Ailes was a hemophiliac long plagued by obesity and arthritis.

Notes:

Haberman, Clyde. "Roger Ailes, Who Built Fox News Into an Empire, Dies at 77". The New York Times. 18 May 2017. NYTimes.com. 18 May 2017. http://nyti.ms/2qxemNf

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Good riddance to an evil amoral scumbag, may he roast in Hell for his many sins. I'm sure there's a special place in Hell for people like Ailes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I would like to think someone, somewhere loved him; nobody should ever die alone.

Still, though, they took away his raison d'être, and then he died. The coincidence of events stands out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Frankly, I don't care. The man was a scumbag and the world is a much better place without him.

I worked as an EMT in a large and very violent urban area for many years, and I've seen many people die. I've seen all kinds of people die: old people, young people, poor people and wealthy people, big people and small people. This is what I can tell you about death, everybody dies alone no matter how many people are around at the time of death. Death is an intensely personal experience. We are born alone and die alone regardless of how may people are surround us. Our death rituals are for the living, not the dead.

douwd20 likes this.
  8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Enron, Breitbart, Fox - we're never going to get a reckoning from any of these guys, are we. They're going to plead out, or if they can't face the consequences they're going to die.

Wait a sec: Abramoff. There's hope.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If there is any justice in this world, he will be reborn as a Saudi Arabian woman.

(not my line)

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Some of you have been perty rude in this thred... an i woud just like to say... i hope that Roger Ailes had an easy/painless death an has peace from now on... an i thank it woud have been beter if he had died at least 30 years ago.!!!

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I can testify to that. Though it is a great comfort to the living to be there at least, when someone dear to them dies. I will always wonder to what extent my wife knew I was there and whether it helped her at all. At any rate she has prepared me to some extent, for when my own time comes.

12. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

In the end you die in your own arms

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Regardless, and perhaps unfortunately... It is what it is. Some have their lives rejoiced while others are celebrated in death.
    Life's a bitch (then you marry one, according to the sophomoric tale I heard half a century ago...)