Random weird episode while I was out smoking

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Something, somewhere, within a couple of miles of me, just got destroyed.

Didn't see any fire, or smoke. But this wasn't a board falling over in the construction area, or a car backfiring, or a truck rattling its load over a bump. No bird cannons around here.

Something just exploded.

I wonder what it was.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. woowoo Registered Senior Member

what were you smoking?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Since I was outside ....

A cigarette.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Your eardrums.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i had a random weird experience the other night that involved smoking as well. my husband and i were on the way to his company christmas party, and were stopped at a traffic light. i happened to look over at the car in the lane next to us, and in the back seat, i swear to god, was either a very small child, or a very small midget smoking a cigarette. i mean small, like a 5 or 6 year old...had his little elbow propped up at the slightly opened window, holding the cigarette up so that the smoke went out. tiny little chubby hands, tiny little face. he looked so sad...not like a child.

what the fuck? i can't stop thinking about it...

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Had you just blown something up?

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not just call your local police department and ask them if they heard about it.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Maybe because they don't want to be bothered

Well, I think back to a few years ago, when I heard the explosion, saw the smoke, and could identify it as a homemade bomb of some sort, people seemed irritated that I even bothered to report that my neighbor was setting off explosives in his yard. Nobody hurt, nothing on fire, so why are you calling 911? Well, you know, if the police department had a non-emergency dispatch contact line, I would have used that, but they don't, and it turns out that everyone else around here who does just puts you through a computer system that routes you back to 911, anyway.

So when I know it's a bomb, and I know where it is, it irritates the hell out of them. What are they going to say if I call them and say something exploded, but I don't know what, and I don't know where?

I'm not the only person in a two-mile radius who heard it. If whoever was nearest the blast didn't bother calling someone, I'm not going to worry about it. If the authorities don't want to hear about it, I'm not going to waste their time. This is Snohomish County, Washington, and our sheriff's deputies have a lot more important things to worry about than explosions. Harassing kids who ride their bicycles without proper helmet and pads, for instance.

Local papers aren't mentioning anything about it, so obviously nobody's dead.

Life goes on.

12. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Swamp gas.

13. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Appearance of a Star Gate.

14. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Perhaps it was the sound of victory.

15. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Or, the sound of left over chili..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!