Rap is a style of lfie

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by draqon, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Maybe, rap&hip hop are styles of life, maybe I'm missing something, but the songs and rare videos I've listened/watched have been mostly vomit inducing "message", video image wise. It's complete human degradation, no, not to the animal level, way below that. Fucking, money, cars, drugs, gangsta and stuff like that = rap, music for lumpen humans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Just noticed this. I do so here:

Voldemort is an abhorrent little swine and should be banned, and possibly fired out of a cannon. I've ignored his diatribe as being so crude and pointless as to engender no possible support by anyone with a connected brainstem, but this may be too generous.

Direct, reasonable. Sufficient? You're the mod. DO something, FFS.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

Rap used to be much better than the abomination it has become today. Most of the notorious promoters of "gangsta rap" were actually old Jewish men, the most infamous among them being Sumner Redstone and his family (Chairman of Viacom, which owns BET). Look at the legendary NWA, for example: Black rappers (Ice Cube, Eazy E, Dr. Dre, etc) were the ones doing the shocking and controversial rapping, but the manager directing the operations was a Jew - Jerry Heller. Rap has been hijacked and made into a very profitable (yet disgraceful) brand of music. What's even worse is today's "lyrics committees", which is basically a group of White men who dictate to the rappers they have signed to contracts what lyrics they can and cannot use. Rapping against the corrupt police force? "Too violent". Rapping about violence against Blacks in other ghettos? "Why, that's perfectly fine!" See the unfairness in that? Speaking about rappers in today's era, I'd have to say that the only well-known rapper I truly respect is Lupe Fiasco.

Kadark the Spirited

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I have listened to and appreciated things considered either "rap" or "hip hop".
    What is this? ----> Model 500 -----> (listen at link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtkpjkpD8xQ&feature=related

Is that early rap/techno/electrofunk or what?
    What do you define as rap anyway? C ' rap??????

Is THIS what you think of as rap style of lfie?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCjSyUXGGxQ

Whatever happened to that guy? Gosh, he was awesome!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Statements like this are why I disparaged the theme of this thread. Ill-thought, juvenile, and shallow.
    Are you the common product of Soviet Russian superiority?

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Whoa!

I saw naked titties in that video! Does YouTube actually allow that level of nudity? I didn't think so, but now I'm not sure.

Notice at 3:15 in the video. "Everything look good butt...."
    Notice the theme of the video is asses and boobies? And throwing money at the aforementioned places in the anatomy?
    Anyone else see the disconnect between the sexual organs and the personhood of the woman?

The apex of civilization and humanity is obviously embodied by these stewards of higher being.

9. LeotheLion Registered Senior Member

I'd say that's Electro.

I'm not going to really into this again as I think I've already said it but.... Hip Hop is a lifestyle, rapping is part of that lifestyle. Granted, most of the popular rappers today are a pale imitation of the original rappers (actually, you could even go as far to say up to the late 90s) but it's still a lifestyle. Much in the same way that Punk is so much more than just 3 chord progressions & OI! OI! OI! or the Mods in the 60s were about a lot more than just the music.

Hip hop is here to stay, like it or not. You need to come to terms with that.

10. thecollage Registered Senior Member

It is like Old Style. Also known as No Style my Profile on the Dial for a Trial of a Pile of Doo Doo.

11. DeepThought Banned Banned

Hip hop is childish, degenerate and dangerous.

The people who created it are of a primitive phenotype who, by the unassailable logic of Darwinian evolution, cannot have any part to play in our future culture.

12. sniffy Banned Banned

Hip hop is a musical genre that, like many musical genre's before it, has just about had its popular day. It will continue to be produced and purchased by the two or so generations that have grown up with it until the last rapper croaks on his/her bellinis. It is no more degenerate or dangerous than Elvis was in his day and we all know where he sourced his music from don't we? woohoo bugga boo

13. DeepThought Banned Banned

Elvis' music was degenerate, but then again so is most, if not all music.

14. draqon Banned Banned

except rap. Rap is truth eternal, wisdom of Gods.

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Fork. Over. Nothing.

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Though, my beloved Draqon, let us not allow our petty differences to overcome our feelings. You know what I mean.

18. draqon Banned Banned

19. DeepThought Banned Banned

Err... thanks draq.

20. draqon Banned Banned

why not? gunshots make you levitate...the truth like no other. no doubt.

21. draqon Banned Banned

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes it is a style of life than involves crime, drug use, lust, and generally being an asshole

Not to generalize but I think I've described 90% of the people who listen to rap

And most rap songs preach about and encourage such behavior

That is why I listen to classical music

23. LeotheLion Registered Senior Member

Hope you don't mind but I finished your sentence for you.