Rape victim, 13, stoned to death - and you guessed it...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by w1z4rd, Nov 2, 2008.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Almost all white South African men were required to serve in the army. I know loads of people that did time at the air force bases.

Before, during and after our conflict with Angola (Kindly sponsored by team Russia and Cuba)... there were loads of American cargo planes flying in equipment. From all the people I have spoke to about this.... they were mostly night operations. During sanctions the supplies did not stop.

I got a question... do you think Israel would have sold South Africa nuclear technology without Americas consent?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats an Islamist militant in Somalia?

Exactly.:thumbsup:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Have we come to inferring what I stand for? I have never given my views on this matter.

Anyway, I just wanted to learn how this event transpired.

Bells, thanks for your hard work with providing sources.

I can't say the same about the OP, but I think we all know where he stands.

Hopefully, we all agree that the current situation in Somalia needs to be changed and that stability needs to be brought back to the country.

My best wishes for the people of Somalia, may they attain their freedom from the Ethiopian aggressors.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

I don't know Sam. What do you think it is?

Personally, I would call an individual of a particular faith (in this instance Muslim) who takes it upon him or herself to attempt to enforce his or her own brand of religion upon a people, whether they want it or not.. You know.. believe as I do or else kind of thing. While Somalia is predominantly Islamic, the extreme forms of belief had not really made that much inroads until the instability allowed extremists to get a stronghold over parts of the country.. In Somalia at the moment, the militants are attempting to instill a more stringent form of Sharia Law.. This girl's stoning was the first in Somalia since this particular group took over in that region of the country. And if people protest, they are either killed or beaten.

Had they been Christian, I would have referred to them as Christian militants and the same would apply for any other religion. Had they been atheist, I would have said Atheist militants. I think you get my drift here.. Next time I'll just refer to them as arseholes and leave it at that.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what is an Islamist militant in Somalia? I mean do you have an opinion from Somalians about what they want?

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You didn't read Bell's post???? She told you ...right there in the post.

Baron Max

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I did not realise that elections had been held in Somalia and that they did not want the al-Shahab form of government or justice system.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

????????????????

Baron Max

12. Bells Staff Member

Do you think they want to be ruled by an extreme form of Sharia Law.. in that they have no say whatsoever in whether it is implemented or not? Lets see..

What do you think those people in Kismayo want? Do you think they want to live in fear of these particular arseholes who are attempting to force their own brand of Islam on them? Do you think Al-Shabaab want to enforce the extreme forms of their own brand of Sharia for the greater good of the people? Or do they want to implement it to cause fear in the population so that the people are too scared to fight back?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well if you want a government that bans homosexual marriage, are you a Christian militant? Is the US then a Christian militant state if the states vote in favor of it?

How may people in Kismayo feel that way? I am sure homosexuals in California are clearly distressed at not being allowed to get married too. Does this make California a Christian militant state?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Awww, geez, SAM, you're really fucked up, aren't you?! "Militant" is NOT ...repeat NOT.... the same as peaceful demonstration or peaceful legal arguments in court!!

Geez, you're .....you're .....well, you're just ....oh, god, why does anyone bother with you???????

Baron Max

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah so its only a Christian militant government if they are killing gays. What if they are killing Muslims? If the US government is imprisoning, torturing and killing Muslims, banning gay marriage and abortion and opposing stem cell culture and denying evolution, is it a Christian militant government?

16. Bells Staff Member

I don't know Sam. Does the local Government in California dig holes in the ground and put little girls in them and then throw stones at their heads until they die? Yes? No? Do they have public flogging sessions? Yes? No?

Does the Californian Government drive around in vans and trucks with loudspeakers blaring, telling of the latest public stoning that is about to take place, serving as a warning to all who can hear? Yes? No?

Does the Government in California kill any homosexuals who dares ask for equal rights? Yes? No?

Until they start doing some of the above and more, we'll just say they aren't militants.

As to how many people in Kismayo who might feel that way.. well you are free to go and find out if you wish. I would, however, suggest you wear a bullet proof vest and travel in a vehicle that is bullet proof.. they don't take too kindly to foreigners.. regardless of religious persuasion.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Our "militant" government is killing gays? Where? When?

Then it would be perfectly acceptable and even highly encouraged. If an American goes to the government in his city and asks for a gun to kill people, it would be refused. But if he said it was to kill Muslims, our "militant" govenment would hand our any and all weapons and ammo that the guy wanted.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So once again, what's an Islamist militant in Somalia? And since when does Islamist [a term with a specific definition, btw] stand for extreme interpretations of Islam?

19. Bells Staff Member

:bugeye:

Haven't we already been through this?

Refer to above.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No we haven't

21. Bells Staff Member

And?

Ah.. I forgot.. I should have said "arsehole" militant of the Qu'ranic persuasion of belief.. may also be known as Islamic militant or extremist who attempt to use force and fear as a means of control and attempt to justify said force through the use of own religious ideology that may or may not be agreed upon by the members of the population.

Such "arseholes" also exist amongst other religious groups or persuasions.. who will use violence and fear as an attempt to force others into their belief structure. Such "arseholes" exist in just about all faiths, be it Christianity, Jews, etc..

I'll be sure to have that as the disclaimer in each of my posts that deal with religious extremism or extremists..

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Again, how is that an Islamic militant? Can you provide evidence of any provision in Islam that makes militancy Islamic?

In fact, can you provide any evidence that it is militancy?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member