Real ghost photos?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Most of these are well-vetted and before the age of photoshop. View at your own risk!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There was photo manipulation before photoshop. There was also pareidolia.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://jmcolberg.com/weblog/2010/01...etouching_and_improving_negatives_and_prints/

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

There were also ghosts before photoshop too. Hence the photos..

8. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Well, since you just said in your latest thread that ghosts can be indistinguishable from ordinary humans, any photo of a person is potentially a ghost photo!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Only if the person was dead when the photo was taken.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Certainly, but as you agreed, there is no way to tell, right?

It's like in The Sixth Sense: if you die and nobody tells you, there's no way for you to know!

Indeed, by your logic, we all must be ghosts!

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Dammit... is that why I can't seem to lose this weight? I can't imagine a dead body has a very good metabolic rate!

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No genius. There are tell-tale signs a person might be a ghost. Are they wearing outdated clothes? Do they suddenly appear and then disappear? Are they someone who is known to have died? Do they NOT make noise when they walk? (See Kittamaru for details on that one.) Simple stuff like that. This ain't rocket science..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  14. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Well then, clearly these people might all be ghosts:

And since people who died recently would wear today's clothing, then any person you see in a picture or meet might be a ghost as well!
    Dunno - but not suddenly appearing or disappearing wouldn't preclude one from being a ghost. After all, that last garbage thread you posted was about a still photo. No appearing/disappearing visible in it.
    I don't know and neither do you. Nor do you know if they are known not to have died. Again: any person you see in pictures or in person is a potential ghost based on the criteria you gave in your previous garbage thread.
    No one makes noise in a still photo and a person walking in socks makes no noise. Again: anyone you meet or see in a picture is a potential ghost by your nonsense criteria.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Really? Are they people we know have died? Did they appear or disappear shortly after this photo was taken? Did you forget the list already?

Not if they appear and disappear or are people we know have died or make no noise as they walk.

Oh so now where talking about photos instead of real persons? Sounds like you're moving the goalposts just as you always do.

Yes..we'd know someone was a ghost if we knew they had died. There's no way you can deny that.

Ah but then if they're dressed in out of date clothing, appear and disappear, and are someone who has died, we know they're a ghost. All the other criteria still apply. So you don't need to hear them walking.

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I don't know the answer to those questions and neither do you -- so you must accept that they may be ghosts.
    We have always been talking about real people in photos. That's what you've been posting here for a long time. I just added the real people you see on the street because you are moving the goalposts forward with your ridiculously all-inclusive criteria.
    You're reading what I said backwards. I said if you don't know that they had died, you could assume they were a ghost. Just like with the people in my photo and the woman in your photo in the other thread.
    None of those criteria apply to any of the still photos you've posted, except possibly the first, which as I've shown, is meaningless.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*snrk* Beautiful Russ... simply beautiful. A shame he won't understand the point behind what you are saying (that his reasoning is flawed)... still, great posts for the comic relief alone!

18. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

I am not disagreeing with you, but I wear out of date clothes. I have little fashion sense and even less spending money. I suddenly appear and disappear.

19. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Did you miss me?

20. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

I take pride in walking noiselessly. I've always admired the hobbits and never wear anything but soft-shoes like moccassins. I can sneak up on stray cats! Not that I try to. They just don't hear me coming.

And oh!, I guess I mustn't be a ghost though because I know next to no rocket science.

21. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Do you love mushrooms?

I've walked up on foxes, which scared them more than me. I walked up on a black bear once, too, and that scared us both.

22. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Yes. And I've snuck up on mushrooms too. I'm rather a fun guy.

23. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Fungal ambush!