Reality as God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Spellbound, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

If reality is God then God should be free to act and do anything and everything He wills, including be evil, lending Him total free will. Hence God is neutral and passive. Because that is a true act of free will. To be neither good nor evil, but subtle and occasional. As reality itself, God is subject to nothing and is capable of anything including appearing out of the blue and taking form. Hence, God walks the earth everyday as Christopher Langan said, in the form of man. As reality, God cannot become unreal unless He wanted to, if He were to do that then He would not exist. Hence God obeys reality and must therefore be scientifically plausible and realistic. A question I pose is that is it possible for God to become unreal if He is reality? Langan says "existence is everywhere the choice to exist."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And let me guess. His name is Christopher Langan?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

If reality is God then He/It must obey the rules and laws required to be reality. Which leads us to ask, what truly is reality? What is its definition?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It doesn't help to define one absolute metaphysical variable as another absolute metaphysical variable. Reality may BE God, but since we don't know what either of these are, then we are just as mystified as before.

8. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I disagree on the latter point. It's true we don't have all the answers but the whole point is to inquire and if we're lucky we open up new doors. The answers can come from inquiry. When we obsess over something we tend to dream about it and the dream may provide us with earth shattering answers.

9. Yazata Valued Senior Member

One of the motivations for equating 'reality' and 'God' might be because it makes it easier to introduce personalistic pronouns like 'He' (in caps, of course) and verbs like 'act', 'do' and 'wills'. Many people seem to be a lot more comfortable thinking about impersonal abstractions when they are imagined as if they were people.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Actually goodliness holds the keys of the holy. God can't be evil. Evil, or not moral is hopeless, or no hope.

11. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

What god can't be evil?

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

If unreality is god, even more wild nonsense can be claimed & anything goes because it is unreality.

13. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

That is absolutely correct. That is the only way a god can defy reality.

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

There can be no such thing as defying reality. I was parodying you. Reality is everything that exists & everything that happens everywhere & the how, why & when.

15. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I see. I agree with you on that. I was entertaining the notion of the impossible.

16. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

The word God is a linguistic creation, thinking practicaly it is probably origin of the word good.

what came first the word god may have walked first as the word good and there evolved the word good.

17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

God & good have different etymologies.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Mother Nature? Father Time? The Grim Reaper? Ronald McDonald? lol!

19. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

May the AllSeeing Eye of AllFather Odin watch over you.

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

God by definition. What goes around comes around God can't exist in lowly shit of sins, he is holy great and royal. If you sin someone is sinning on you. Hurt and get hurt. God is holy and true.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Which god?

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Dagon?

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Cthulhu's daughter?