Reality as God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Spellbound, Jun 27, 2014.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

My Big Toe is god.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I don't really know whether or not angels are real. I suppose they are. Just as there are demons. I also am not sure whether or not ghosts are real. I reserve these talks for paranormal enthusiasts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

You can make any amount of ridicule and assumptions about God you want, that doesn't make Him any less real.

[video=youtube;bdjL-KMK96Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdjL-KMK96Y[/video]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

8. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

To claim that whatever we know of God (intelligent creator, reality itself, divine being, good in all ways) can be seen as real.

I don't draw a distinction from pantheism. For the most part. Pantheism is the view that the universe is mind-like and behaves intelligently. I claim that reality is identical to this concept.

9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

My Big Toe is quite real.

10. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Haa haaa.

11. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Actually I should say God CAN, but does not exercise his free will to do evil.

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Same for my Big Toe. What a coincidence!

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What God is, love, makes it impossible to do bad. He doesn't need free will to realize that.

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

actually, that argument is an original argument (not rehashed) I have heard used against religion, religion is replete with spiritual references, if you can get a Christian to admit he does not believe in ghosts, then you can open up the logic paradox that ensues.

15. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I wholeheartedly agree since God IS love!

16. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I love God.

17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You love my Big Toe!

18. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

This line of argument is a logical fallacy: just because you define reality as God does not mean reality has all the attributes that you want to assign to God.
    It means that God (as defined) has the attributes of reality.
    I could define my chair to be God... but that does not mean my chair suddenly takes on the attributes of God. It means I have limited the attributes of God to be the same as those of the chair.
    Likewise you are doing the same with reality and God - limiting the attributes of God to those of reality.

If you want to show that reality is an "intelligent creator, divine being, good in all ways" and any other attribute you wish to claim of God then you need to show it rather than just claim it through definition.

Basically, equating something to reality in and of itself (as you have done) does not logically lead to the attributes of that something being real.

You certainly claim it. Care to actually provide support for that other than merely equating God to reality and thus claiming God is real?

19. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Yes. It is real. That's really all there is to it. Because it defies the scientific method.

20. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

(...) The way I know God is real is via an occasional visit to the Meta-Reality and a visual appearance back in '08 (out of the blue as a beautiful and transparent entity that was constantly morphing and taking a variety of shapes, thus indicating intelligence).

21. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I was doubting your ability to support your claim that God is real, but by stating that God is indeed real, and that God defies the scientific method, please do consider me to now accept your claim as being beyond reproach, and undeniably true.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

What kind of proof do you require? I have written extensively on the topic of God. See my thread just above on "Meta-Reality". Extraordinary proofs require extraordinary means. Consider that reality is an information processing system. This means it is intelligent. Therefore it is capable of responding to you at exceptional requests. I.e. you can "summon" God.

23. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

did it take extraordinary means for you to write that stuff?

a God that can be controlled?