Reality is a Force

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Spellbound, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

This is why magnitude and direction exist. Forces may act at various angles and thus their magnitude or strength exist in proportion to the direction at which the act such as in the following example, where the total net force is zero which is in equilibrium;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is representing reality in action. Because the top two blue vectors are at an angle, their forces are weaker compared to the red vectors. We may represent forces using vectors. Forces like tension for instance. The basic forces of the universe are not only physical, but mental as well.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

What terrible tripe. You really do seem to have a basic inability to distinguish cause and effect. The concepts of "magnitude" and "direction" are properties of any vector quantity. The fact that forces, among a host of other things, happen to be vector entities, is obviously not the reason why the concepts of magnitude and direction exist.

It seems that forces are by no means the only things that are mental around here…………

To be honest, I think you should be stopped from posting this sort of idiocy in the hard science sections of the forum. It will simply deter anybody serious from visiting the site.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Boy, do I agree with that. Someone could visit this site and opon seeing this crap in the science section might mistake this site for an off shoot of The Onion.

The post was reported as a turd in the punch bowl.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I never said The fact that forces, among a host of other things, happen to be vector entities, is obviously not the reason why the concepts of magnitude and direction exist. If you took the time to read it properly without jumping to silly conclusions you would have noticed that I stated in the thread title that Reality is a Force, and then followed with... this is the reason that magnitude and direction exist.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You mean like saying reality is a force?

9. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

So....cesspool? I guess James hasn't seen this thread yet...

10. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Can you explain why you think this thread should be cesspooled? Because the way I see it, forces are real.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Yes forces are real, I think we can all agree on that. Ok, so I guess we are done here.
    What will be your next OP; that lichen is real?

12. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Your arrogance and feigning stupidity is hilarious. The idea that reality is a force could lead to further significant ideas. Such as how to fluctuate forces by distributing density, strength and size in molecules of temperature variant materials.

13. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Also, the idea that the basic forces of the universe tend toward equilibrium would explain why you're not falling through the ground back to wherever you came from right now.

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your stupidity is not hilarious it is sad.
    Since the statement that 'reality is a force' is asinine and therefore not significant it by definition cannot lead to further significant ideas.
    Go ahead and discuss this then. Your 'reality is a force' is a nonstarter.

15. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Now, now, no need to resort to ad hominems.

Thank you. You are showing that you are either dishonest or you fail to comprehend what a significant idea is.

I would like to know if there is a material that is incredibly dense and strong that is also extremely versatile or can expand and contract with ease.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You mean like this

:
    That's nice I guess.
    By the way I do know what a significant idea is, however I also know what a useless idea based on ignorance is, as do the other sane individuals on this site.
    edit to add, I have wasted enough of my Saturday on this... bye

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Quite right I stand corrected.

But your new assertion, that reality is a force, is so asinine that I was unable to take it in, first time round. If reality were a force, then reality would be a vector, with magnitude and direction. A thoroughly silly and meaningless notion. What would be its magnitude? And what its direction? And upon what would it act? Forces have to act on something to be real, you know.

And the fact that forces are real, as you later point out, quite obviously does not mean that reality is a force. A pork pie is real too. Is reality a pork pie, then? And if it is a pork pie, how can it also be a force?

The whole idea is just nonsensical.

18. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Everything real, including the whole of reality, is interacting with something, therefore it has a force acting on it. Whether it is in equilibrium or not.

19. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Maybe, but to say that "everything" has a force acting on it does not mean reality is a force. Or are you contending that the existence of the force is what makes a thing real? In other words, are you saying that if something has no force acting on it, then it ceases to exist?

Note added later: I think, on reflection, that you might be able to make a case that reality consists of interactions. It is arguable that a non-interacting thing has no way to make its presence felt and thus one could argue it has no existence in a meaningful sense.

But that is just a version of the age-old argument that something that is not perceived cannot be shown to exist and thus may not in fact exist. A scientist would reject such a view, of course, since things, when we do perceive them, behave as if they continue to exist even when not perceived. So nothing is gained by believing things vanish when not observed and a great deal is actually lost.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015